Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

The Winds of Poker

Old
The Winds of Poker - Tue Apr 05, 2011, 06:17 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
The last two months have not been kind to me with poker.

A real downturn. I went for nearly a month getting no cards, and then, when I started getting cards, I ended up with second best. In my first PSO tourney last week, my boat lost to a bigger boat. Typical.

But, not to despair, I just kept trying to play solid poker. And, in today's PSO tournament 1500 ET/1200 PT, I played nearly flawless poker for over the first half of the tourney and into the 2nd half. No outstanding cards, just playing position and paying attention to the other players, and betting how I should bet.

So, here I was, in 81st place, with just under 600 players left. I have the big stack at my table, nearly twice as much as anyone else. I get an excellent hand while on the button and take down a great pot. Just as the chips are being shoved to my spot (not kidding), the connection breaks. There has been a catastrophic failure of the wifi in the coffee shop in which I am sitting.

I wait for nearly 1/2-hour to see if it comes back up, but it doesn't. So, I pack up, rush home, get connected and find I've lost about 66% of my stack to blinds. There are only 8 players left to the money (135 players). I realize the blinds should protect me if I just hold on. So, I do, and I make the money. Two hands later, I am on the small blind with only 650 chips left, and I am forced All-In. And, I am dealt A-A, which hold; so, I am back in the game.

I finally get knocked out about five minutes later and finish in 92nd place. I am very happy with that. It felt good to finally have the poker winds at my back again. :-)

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 03:29 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
For me, the "winds of poker" usually follow pretty soon after eating the "bean burrito of poker"!

Glad to hear things are looking up for you tho!

Keep it up...

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com