Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

pocket change any ideas

Old
pocket change any ideas - Wed Apr 06, 2011, 01:50 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
well I went a lil nuts last night and played way past my 27 dollar bankroll, tonight I'm down to about 1.60 and about 40 fpps, any ideas how to build this pocket change into a decent bankroll? 10 or 25 cent sngs? 0.1/0.2 limit hold em?, I'm good at the 50/50s should I play the dollar one and hope to win a few in a row for cushion?

Last edited by ericlee1984; Wed Apr 06, 2011 at 01:52 AM.. Reason: ...

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 01:54 AM
(#2)
Deleted user
Think fifty50 is your best bet.
The cash game could be a bad suckout and poof all gone.
Im down 2 buyins at this lvl because of runner runners and wouldnt want to see you get sucked out on your last $1.
1/4 SNGs are a big time investment when you could grind out a fifty50 in a 1/4 of the time.

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 02:03 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Between my last deposit several years ago and now my bankroll dropped to $1.65 after a withdrawel. I managed to build it back up to $20+ by starting at one 2NL table. Doubled up the $1.65, left the table, sat down at two tables with $1 at each. Went from there. Terrible bankroll management. I got really lucky. Also, the 2NL tables were 10 times fishier back then.

Limit might be a better option from what I hear. I wouldn't know though, never played it.

You could try playing a bunch of $.10 SNG's. Play super tight agressive, premium hands only.

Good luck!

Old
??? - Wed Apr 06, 2011, 02:12 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
I'm good at the 50/50s should I play the dollar one and hope to win a few in a row for cushion?

Read more: pocket change any ideas - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1IikPQ9xJ

i am fairly sure that HOPING TO WIN -- wont get
you there !!

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 02:34 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyskunk4 View Post
I'm good at the 50/50s should I play the dollar one and hope to win a few in a row for cushion?

Read more: pocket change any ideas - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1IikPQ9xJ

i am fairly sure that HOPING TO WIN -- wont get
you there !!
so you must be one of these people who think theres no luck involved in poker....maybe hope was the wrong word....and why the hell are you posting a link to this thread....whatever man

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 03:54 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
well, i played a 50 50 and won first one, lost second one, went to limit holdem lost the rest of my change because some guy made a full house on the river to beat my straight.*starts singing* BEAT IT, BEAT IT NO ONE WANTS TO BE DEFEATED JUST BEAT IT BEAT IT NO ONE WANTS TO BEAT IT BEAT IT*quits singing*

i did also play the 1 fpp rebuy sunday storm satty and managed come in 6th place, too bad only 4 spots won though...oh well looks like ill be depositing again in a few weeks, until then its freerolling and pso no limit fold-em tournys....1540.27 and not settiling for less then 1850 this month, seriously, i need some free money too.... god people stop leaving no meat on the bone im hungry...

Last edited by ericlee1984; Wed Apr 06, 2011 at 04:00 AM.. Reason: <>

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 05:23 AM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
try not to insult poker pros

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 08:55 AM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I was down to under a dollar but had 50 FPP and used them to enter the Sunday 2 grand, four hours later I won ... $4. Was so close to the big money, finished 47th. Last two days have been playing no limit and playing slow until I figure out who the weak players are and then attack them when I get a good hand. Then I quit right after scoring a good hand (or at least before the next big blind). The reason for quitting is that I have often had winning sessions turn into losing ones, but the past 4 sessions have all been winners and I'm up to $10.

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 10:11 AM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Next month you'll be active. Try going for a high spot and bag a minimum of $50. That will help the bankroll.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com