Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Early position 9 player table

Old
Early position 9 player table - Wed Apr 06, 2011, 08:33 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
Would like to clarify early position at a 9 player table. My thought was the first two seats after the blinds,including the blinds post flop. After reading and going through the courses, it would imply early position as the first three seats left of the blinds.

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 10:15 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
That's my read of the course too. First three past the blinds are early, next three are the middle, with the button and blinds being the late.

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 01:51 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Thank you, will have to readjust positions then, good luck at the tables

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 01:58 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
This is correct.

Small Blind Big Blind and UTG
In my notes I sometimes refer to UTG+1 as Early position(EP)

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 02:33 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Small Blind Big Blind and UTG
In my notes I sometimes refer to UTG+1 as Early position(EP)

Read more: PokerSchoolOnline Forum - Reply to Topic http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/com...#ixzz1IlkPTmvn

If your playing a 9 handed table SB, BB, and UTG are early position. With UTG+1, UTG+2, & UTG+3 as middle position. Late being UTG+4, CUTOFF, & BUTTON.

10 handed UTG+1 is added to early position. middle would be +2, +3, +4. Late +5, cutoff, and button

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 02:42 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
I should have been more clear and not mentioned my note taking.It confuses the issue.

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 02:54 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Thank you for the reply

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com