Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

One Outer

Old
One Outer - Wed Apr 06, 2011, 01:37 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
This hand was in a $.55 Turbo yesterday. I had been playing very tight (probably too much so).
I had the absolute nuts on the turn, then the poker gods frowned on me big time!!!

After this hand I did recover enough to at least make the money and win back my entry fee.

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 02:28 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
wow that is soul crushing..... good to see you didnt tilt and bomb out

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 02:40 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
This is not a one out situation. Any K, 6 or 4 (12 outs) makes a boat so there were 13 out of 45 cards that could beat your flush.

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 06:38 PM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
with the flush he had the boat draw

and aq vs a9 when the queen hit he had 8 outs (the 8 or the king, assuming no one tossed them)

ive seen this happen all the time, watch the sunday million replays. at the final table people lose out on thousands of dollars because of horrible beats like this. thats what i try to think when I lose a few bucks here and there, that ya i lose a few bucks to horrible beats but ive seen super horriible suck outs at the sunday million final table so much and these people lose thousands and thousands of dollars because of bad beats

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 06:51 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
This is not a one out situation. Any K, 6 or 4 (12 outs) makes a boat so there were 13 out of 45 cards that could beat your flush.
not 13 only 10 3 K's 3 6's 3 4'sand the case 5

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 06:57 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Love the comment "absolute nuts after the turn". Really?

Maybe I need to run through the PokerSchool again?

JT

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 07:34 PM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaplaya69 View Post
ive seen this happen all the time, watch the sunday million replays. at the final table people lose out on thousands of dollars because of horrible beats like this. thats what i try to think when I lose a few bucks here and there, that ya i lose a few bucks to horrible beats but ive seen super horriible suck outs at the sunday million final table so much and these people lose thousands and thousands of dollars because of bad beats
I was checking out durrr on pokertablerankings.com yesterday and watched a hand replay where he lost $300,000 in a single hand when his KK ran into AA preflop. OUCH!!!! Not a bad beat or anything, but wow!

Hey joy, how did you get two hand replays in the same replayer like that?

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 07:44 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerguyAA View Post
I was checking out durrr on pokertablerankings.com yesterday and watched a hand replay where he lost $300,000 in a single hand when his KK ran into AA preflop. OUCH!!!! Not a bad beat or anything, but wow!

Hey joy, how did you get two hand replays in the same replayer like that?
I believe you can get 5.

JT

Old
nutz - Thu Apr 07, 2011, 12:31 AM
(#9)
Absolutely right I didn't have the nuts on the turn, but I thought i was a pretty big favorite. Just wanted to show that it can all change with the turn of a card.

Good luck!!

Old
Thu Apr 07, 2011, 07:37 AM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
Yeah you were a big favorite with the nut flush, but just keep in mind that any time there is a paired board, someone can always have a full house or quads, so a flush is not the absolute nuts.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com