Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

April Whitestar Freeroll - Rags to Riches

Old
April Whitestar Freeroll - Rags to Riches - Wed Apr 06, 2011, 07:41 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hello everyone I am happy to announce I will be running the second monthly freeroll for qualified Whitestars to give them a chance to earn some real money and hopefully earn those VPPs to become active players in PSO beginning May.

The March "Rags to Riches" freeroll was a great success and I believe at least 4 players were able to earn therir ACTIVE status from the money they won in that tournament.

To remind everyone here are the details or refer to the link below for details.

I have set up a home game and will run a freeroll tournament next Tuedsay night (April the 12th) at 8pm eastern standard time. My goal is to give Whitestar players the chance to win some real money to help them try and earn their 20 VPPS so they can be ACTIVE in April. For all you newbies or whitestar players in PSO being ACTIVE is criticial in PSO as it can make all the difference in helping you to get a much higher cash reward at the end of the month.

I am donating $10 to the prize fund this month and have received a donation from another great (but anonymous) PSO'er for $5. So the prize pool stands at $15 as of today. Once again, if anyone else would like to contribute to the prize fund feel free to pm me or respond in this thread.

For this freeroll I would like to continue to invite only whitestar players that scored 1550 points or higher in March PSO or those that are doing well so far in April. I will review all that apply and PM anyone that I don't accept. Also those of you from last month that are now Active - that is awesome - but I will drop you from the club- I'm sure that you will view that as a good thing!!

CLUB ID #344652
INVITE CODE #16996699

Read more: Freeroll for Whitestar players - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1Imo10hmG

Last edited by freddysw; Wed Apr 06, 2011 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: details

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 07:44 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
very cool once again freddy

shipping you $5 now

effsea/otis

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 08:33 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post
very cool once again freddy

shipping you $5 now

effsea/otis
Thanks Eff, AGAIN!! very much appreciated.

Would you like to play and be a special bounty?? I'll know if you apply to join the club -

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 10:28 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
I appreciate this opportunity very much. Thanks a bunch!

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 11:06 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
I shipped you $10, too. I'll apply to play as well, however I'd probably be about fifteen minutes late since I work until the start time. Happy Wednesday everyone.

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 11:36 PM
(#6)
very cool PanickyPoker

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 11:38 PM
(#7)
Like the new avatar, effsea. Don't recognize it, though. I never know if that's a good or bad thing.

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 11:42 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
Like the new avatar, effsea. Don't recognize it, though. I never know if that's a good or bad thing.

well you have to be old to know who it is, it's a town drunk from an old t.v. show....hiccup

cheers

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 11:45 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
I shipped you $10, too. I'll apply to play as well, however I'd probably be about fifteen minutes late since I work until the start time. Happy Wednesday everyone.
How great are the peeps in PSO!! Thanks Panicky there is going to be a special bounty on you sir!!

OK Whitestars, PSO is stepping up!! Don't miss out on this chance to help you make your VPP'S.

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 11:51 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
well you have to be old to know who it is, it's a town drunk from an old t.v. show....hiccup

cheers
looks like Sam Snead to me

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 11:59 PM
(#11)
Glad to see the structure is forgiving, in case I end up being late.

Old
Thu Apr 07, 2011, 12:09 AM
(#12)
Since: Nov 2010
Quote:

cheers
That fellow spent a lot of time in a small town jail under the watchful eye of Deputy Fife.

Old
Thu Apr 07, 2011, 08:00 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Prize pool is at $30 thanks to the following donations.

freddysw - $10
effsea - $5
PanickyPoker-$10
anonymous - $5

This freeroll is for any qualified whitestar player in PSO to help you get some real cash to try and earn your VPPS in April and be Active for May.

Feel free to PM me of you have any questions or would like to play in this game.

Old
Sun Apr 10, 2011, 11:35 AM
(#14)
Since: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddysw View Post
Prize pool is at $30 thanks to the following donations.

freddysw - $10
effsea - $5
PanickyPoker-$10
anonymous - $5

This freeroll is for any qualified whitestar player in PSO to help you get some real cash to try and earn your VPPS in April and be Active for May.

Feel free to PM me of you have any questions or would like to play in this game.
Thank you freddysw for the cut of the prize pool and to all the above players trying to help on every level of players trying to improve thier play.

I know I am one that is trying learn as much as possible, now I have to pick up more knowledge on BR management. which without a BR not in my bullseye until now.

It saddens me to see a lack of interest and/or desire to gather and seek out information
of the generosity from the people wanting to help.

I forwarded Dan an PM earlier asking for a sticky to post these types of tourneys and/or any items such as the one Pancho did, maybe its just a lack of where to look.

Again thanks to ev1 that is trying to help, I don't think you always get enough credit for all you do to help....................................kwik1

Old
Sun Apr 10, 2011, 05:50 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Good luck Kwik - just fyi for everyone i only had 2 whitestars show interest this month so I decided to cancel the freeroll maybe we can try again next month.

thx again to effsea, panicky and bassnbrad for their donations - good karma still coming for you all

Old
Sun Apr 10, 2011, 07:17 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
I don't think many players read the forums, especially new players. I know I was lucky last month because it was my first time on the forum and I stumbled onto your thread.

Btw, I'll be active again next month unfortunately I haven't been able to play much this month and most of the ones I've played have gone badly. Hopefully next week I can play a few more and begin turning it around.

Old
Mon Apr 11, 2011, 06:38 PM
(#17)
WhiteStar
I know what you are saying, I missed it last month. Pity it's not on for tonight.
Not sure I would have qualified last month. Will have to focus to get qualified for May.

Mogris

Last edited by Mogris; Tue Apr 12, 2011 at 05:29 PM.. Reason: Read that the game was cancelled :(

Old
Tue Apr 12, 2011, 12:52 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Can i play?

Old
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 06:24 AM
(#19)
WhiteStar
Sorry jagd, the game has been cancelled. freddysw will let us know if it's on again.

Mogris

P.S. This announcement is difficult to find. is there an alternative way to let us know when this event happens?

Old
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 09:32 AM
(#20)
WhiteStar
I would have definitely been interested in this if I'd seen it before today. Although the time difference could have been a problem for me too, as at 8ET it's 1am in England, and I had work at 0530.

Just wanted to say I think what you're doing is awesome, and I'm amazed more people aren't jumping at it. I will definitely try for the next one if my shifts allow.

Cheers
Ram.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com