Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

skill leaque

Old
skill leaque - Wed Apr 06, 2011, 11:24 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Do I need money to participate in the skill leaque. I've already passed the classes.

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 11:39 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kings&que639 View Post
Do I need money to participate in the skill leaque. I've already passed the classes.
Yes. As much money as it costs to enter a freeroll.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old
Wed Apr 06, 2011, 11:57 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
nope,,,it's a freeroll as long as you have a ticket to register
>Dem

Old
Thu Apr 07, 2011, 02:46 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kings&que639 View Post

Only for the requisite materials for proper PSO play--

A couple of back up monitors and mouses.

And a copious amount of alcoholic beverages.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Welcome to the nuthouse.

Old
Thu Apr 07, 2011, 09:55 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
The answer to your question is: Yes and no.

Yes:
You will need real money if you intend being an active player in the league. Each month, you will have to earn 20 vpps to be eligible for the prizes at the end of the month. Unless you can make it into the top 200. Vpps are earned playing cash ring games and tourneys. Be careful as all tourneys do not award vpps. Tourneys displaying a + symble after the amount earn vpps. For example, a tourney costing $1.00 + .10 will earn you 0.55 vpps.

No:
As everyone has said earlier, you can play the league games once you have your ticket since all games are freerolls. Most important thing to remember is this is a month-long season. The more games played, and the more points earned the better. Points are earned by finishing high in each game. Shoot to always finish in the top 30% of the field and you'll do well.

Old
Thu Apr 07, 2011, 06:50 PM
(#6)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
The PSO skill league is free. However if you finish in the top 10% or so you'll win real money. It pays out pretty poorly. However, you get points for finishing in the top 30% as a poster said. Finish in the top 1000 and you win a share of 17k. This only applies if you get a certain amount of frequent player points on the money tables. If you do not get this amount of points, top 200 pays out.

There are PSO 1 K added events. You have the ticket for these, like the PSO skill league, but you'll need 55 cent on top of that.

Hope that helps.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com