Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

2 Mac users needed for recording live training

Old
2 Mac users needed for recording live training - Thu Apr 07, 2011, 03:38 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
(Administrator)
We are looking for 2 members who use a Mac to help us with recording the Live Training Sessions on PSO using Camtasia for Mac.

If you are interested in helping us with this please PM PSO-STAFF for more details.

If you have previous experience with Camtasia for Mac that would be great but it isn't essential.

Thanks in advance

Good Luck
PSO STAFF

Old
Thu Apr 07, 2011, 03:57 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
I think we have a few Mac users on this forum.

Would help but I dont have Camtasia,I think the majority of us are to cheap to shell out the bucks for it and use Mikogo or Teamviewer.

Old
Thu Apr 07, 2011, 05:51 PM
(#3)
(Administrator)
Anyone that wants to try will be able to use the free 30 day trial and then if they are ok with it we will buy the program for them.

No such thing in life as cheap...... Less Expensive sounds better

Good Luck
PSO STAFF

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 10:42 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
Bump....HEY MAC USERS....FREE SOFTWARE HERE!!!

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 10:58 AM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2010
Only Mac I use is when its raining Dan

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 10:59 AM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO-Staff View Post
We are looking for 2 members who use a Mac to help us with recording the Live Training Sessions on PSO using Camtasia for Mac.

If you are interested in helping us with this please PM PSO-STAFF for more details.

If you have previous experience with Camtasia for Mac that would be great but it isn't essential.

Thanks in advance
Some of us had PM'd the first time that Staff requested recorders and were told we would be notified later if needed. Good Luck with whomever is choosen.

JT

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 11:58 AM
(#7)
(Administrator)
JT are you a Mac user?

Good Luck
PSO STAFF

Old
Mac User - Fri Apr 08, 2011, 12:43 PM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi I use an iMac 27 about 3yrs old and run OSX V10.5.8. Don't know the program but I'm fairly adept with a Mac. Have been using them since '91. Let me know if you can use my help. j2twww

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 12:54 PM
(#9)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Own a MAC here, would be willing to help out.

Rosie

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 01:55 PM
(#10)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Why Camtasia and Mac? There are many freeware programs that accomplish the same thing.

Camstudio
www.camstudio.org

SoMud
http://www.somud.com/

Jing
http://www.techsmith.com/jing/

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 06:12 PM
(#11)
(Administrator)
Only reason for a Mac at this point is because I use a Mac and I can help someone get up to speed with the recording. I havent done any session recording on my PC.

If anyone would like to record a live training session and produce an mp4 file then perhaps they could get that sent to me using a service like largefilesasap.com or yousendit.com (but their limit might be a problem) and then I can download the file and see if it is ok to upload to the site.

So anyone in this thread that offered to help (once we find a couple of people that can produce what we need we can talk about compensation) please go ahead and record any of the live training sessions and ultimately produce an mp4 file and then PM me so we can arrange to get the file to me.

We need the full screen like this example: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...Stack-in-MTT-s It needs to include the chat box.

It must also catch the very beginning of the session when Dave starts to speak and tells everyone what the session is about. Obviously it must also include the very end.

That's about it.

For those Mac users above you can go to www.camtasia.com and download the 30 day free trial and then PM me. The Mac does have a time limit unfortunately of about 90 minutes. After that time the audio is lost if you continue recording. I am not sure if this is an issue with the windows version.

All further communication will be done via PM. I really would appreciate the help on this.

Good Luck
PSO STAFF

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 06:36 PM
(#12)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO-Staff View Post
Only reason for a Mac at this point is because I use a Mac and I can help someone get up to speed with the recording. I havent done any session recording on my PC.

If anyone would like to record a live training session and produce an mp4 file then perhaps they could get that sent to me using a service like largefilesasap.com or yousendit.com (but their limit might be a problem) and then I can download the file and see if it is ok to upload to the site.

So anyone in this thread that offered to help (once we find a couple of people that can produce what we need we can talk about compensation) please go ahead and record any of the live training sessions and ultimately produce an mp4 file and then PM me so we can arrange to get the file to me.

We need the full screen like this example: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...Stack-in-MTT-s It needs to include the chat box.

It must also catch the very beginning of the session when Dave starts to speak and tells everyone what the session is about. Obviously it must also include the very end.

That's about it.

For those Mac users above you can go to www.camtasia.com and download the 30 day free trial and then PM me. The Mac does have a time limit unfortunately of about 90 minutes. After that time the audio is lost if you continue recording. I am not sure if this is an issue with the windows version.

All further communication will be done via PM. I really would appreciate the help on this.

Same thing you told me. Then you posted this. Good Luck finding someone!

JT

Old
Thumbs up
Mac users needed - Fri Apr 08, 2011, 10:02 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
I am interested in the offer for your request for Live training for MAC users...I use a MAC, and am a University Professor...MBA in Finance from Pepperdine University, pretty computer savy. I will refresh on the software...

Nobisquit

Old
MAC Needed - Fri Apr 08, 2011, 10:05 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
I am interested in helping with the recording of live training... I work at Command Audio...we use pro tools. But, I'm a quick study. University professor, also. MBA from Pepperdine. Graduate of Musicians Institute.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com