Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Entire playing history on Pokerstars gone

Old
Question
Entire playing history on Pokerstars gone - Thu Apr 07, 2011, 03:40 PM
(#1)
VareckRay's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 182
hehe maybe a good idea lol.

Installed holdem manager yesterday, probably a great piece of software don't know yet but it decided to deleted all my history files when importing them. Would have been nice to be given the option to back up first but I guess I shouldnt be too picky.

I write software for a living, my laptop, not my home, is my castle lol. Really winds me up when software just does stuff without asking or warning grrrrr

Anyway, does anyone know if I can get holdem Manager to regurgitate my history files? I wanted them

Any pointers greatly appreciated, guess I will have to RTFM now lol

Cheers
 
Old
Default
Thu Apr 07, 2011, 03:45 PM
(#2)
monkeyskunk4's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by VareckRay View Post
hehe maybe a good idea lol.

Installed holdem manager yesterday, probably a great piece of software don't know yet but it decided to deleted all my history files when importing them. Would have been nice to be given the option to back up first but I guess I shouldnt be too picky.

I write software for a living, my laptop, not my home, is my castle lol. Really winds me up when software just does stuff without asking or warning grrrrr

Anyway, does anyone know if I can get holdem Manager to regurgitate my history files? I wanted them

Any pointers greatly appreciated, guess I will have to RTFM now lol

Cheers
you claim to write software for a living and announce that HEM robbed you-- VERY POOR ATTEMPT AT A BLUFF------ you really have no idea do you--- i will share- your hand histories are saved on your hard drive-- go have a look--

Last edited by monkeyskunk4; Thu Apr 07, 2011 at 03:52 PM..
 
Old
Default
Thu Apr 07, 2011, 03:50 PM
(#3)
VareckRay's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyskunk4 View Post
you claim to write software for a living and announce that HEM robbed you-- VERY POOR ATTEPT AT A BLUFF---

lol not robbed Monkey, HEM has the hand histories in its' database, I just wanted them in their original text form

Don't see the connection between writing software and not knowing HEM is gonna delete my history files??
 
Old
Default
Thu Apr 07, 2011, 03:53 PM
(#4)
XXChris123's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,512
BronzeStar
it will constantly delete them from history as it absorbs them
however hold em allows you to review every single hand u ever played
it will show you every AA you were ever dealt
it will have stats going every which way
in short
it will do for you whatever you wanted to do with it anyways
 
Old
Default
Thu Apr 07, 2011, 04:07 PM
(#5)
VareckRay's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 182
thanks Chris, Unfortunately HEM won't do what I would do unfortunately. I use my history files in software I write myself.

I see HEM does continually remove my history as it imports them, shame, especially as I see no back-up option. Major flaw from my point of view and it means I won't be able to use HEM in real-time.

Shame really, surprised this hasn't been mentioned to HEM before. The backup/restore feature HEM has is only for it's on database files.


Last edited by VareckRay; Thu Apr 07, 2011 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: typos
 
Old
Default
Thu Apr 07, 2011, 04:14 PM
(#6)
monkeyskunk4's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by VareckRay View Post
thanks Chris, Unfortunately HEM won't do what I would do unfortunately. I use my history files in software I write myself.

I see HEM does continually remove my history as it imports them, shame, especially as I see no back-up option. Major flaw from my point of view and it means I won't be able to use HEM in real-time.

Shame really, surprised this hasn't been mentioned to HEM before. The backup/restore feature HEM has is only for it's on database files.


your post is infuriating-- suggest you visit the HEM site- and argue your case there--
 
Old
Default
Thu Apr 07, 2011, 04:20 PM
(#7)
VareckRay's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyskunk4 View Post
your post is infuriating-- suggest you visit the HEM site- and argue your case there--

lol Monkey what you getting wound up about? I just asked if anyone knows how to restore the pokerstars history that HEM removed.

Don't see why you're getting your knckers in a twist mate

If you think I'm attacking the software I'm not, never used it till yesterday so it might be wonderful. I just want my history files back lol

Cheers
 
Old
Default
Thu Apr 07, 2011, 04:41 PM
(#8)
bogweed1964's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by VareckRay View Post
hehe maybe a good idea lol.

Installed holdem manager yesterday, probably a great piece of software don't know yet but it decided to deleted all my history files when importing them. Would have been nice to be given the option to back up first but I guess I shouldnt be too picky.

I write software for a living, my laptop, not my home, is my castle lol. Really winds me up when software just does stuff without asking or warning grrrrr

Anyway, does anyone know if I can get holdem Manager to regurgitate my history files? I wanted them

Any pointers greatly appreciated, guess I will have to RTFM now lol

Cheers
Had the same thing happen with Poker Tracker 3 trial before I ditched it, you'll find within the Holdem Manager programme files a database where it moves all your hands after it has processed them.

You should be able to copy them back to your PS hand history folder from there. Then if its same as PT3 there will be a setting on HEM that says something like "transfer files to database when processed" unclick or change this setting.

Don't know anything about HEM so can't be specific but guessing it works similar to PT3.

Hope this helps in some way & good luck.
 
Old
Default
Thu Apr 07, 2011, 04:48 PM
(#9)
VareckRay's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogweed1964 View Post
Had the same thing happen with Poker Tracker 3 trial before I ditched it, you'll find within the Holdem Manager programme files a database where it moves all your hands after it has processed them.

You should be able to copy them back to your PS hand history folder from there. Then if its same as PT3 there will be a setting on HEM that says something like "transfer files to database when processed" unclick or change this setting.

Don't know anything about HEM so can't be specific but guessing it works similar to PT3.

Hope this helps in some way & good luck.

Thanks Bogweed, I'll look into that. I'm familiar with the database HEM uses so shouldnt be a major problem.

Thanks for your help
 
Old
Default
Thu Apr 07, 2011, 05:20 PM
(#10)
VareckRay's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 182
Got them back

Just all files are now named file1, file2......

Never mind tho at least I was able to retrieve them.

Database management -> Export , thanks Bogweed

Still not impressed with not being asked tho. And to be honest there is no need for HEM to delete my history files, it can very easily scan for changes and just keep a track of the last file entry processed. The only thing it achieves is ensuring no other software can access them which seems a bit like protecting the interests of HEM to me.

Probably the same with other poker software I imagine which kinda goes against the ethos of user friendly software, that doesn't apply to just the UI imho

cheers
 
Old
Default
Thu Apr 07, 2011, 05:29 PM
(#11)
TOO2COO's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,882
(Super-Moderator)
just write PS and ask for all your hand historys

I did this last summer and they sent me every hand i had played since i joined in 2003 as i wanted to add the hands i played prior to 2008 when i started using PT3

When ya download the file they give ya keep it some where else as if you going to use HEM or PT3 the HH will get pulled from the file they store into and go to your HEM or PT3

Hope this helps ya
 
Old
Thumbs up
Thu Apr 07, 2011, 05:42 PM
(#12)
VareckRay's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOO2COO View Post
just write PS and ask for all your hand historys

I did this last summer and they sent me every hand i had played since i joined in 2003 as i wanted to add the hands i played prior to 2008 when i started using PT3

When ya download the file they give ya keep it some where else as if you going to use HEM or PT3 the HH will get pulled from the file they store into and go to your HEM or PT3

Hope this helps ya
Thanks TOO2COO, I will do that. I'd got the last week from the pokerstars app so that's cool i can get the rest.

Cheers
 
Old
Default
Thu Apr 07, 2011, 11:22 PM
(#13)
VareckRay's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 182
Just to add you can also select the "hands" view and the "view all hand histories" from the context menu.

You can copy and paste that. You do lose the game names but maybe there is an option to keep them.

 
Old
Default
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 02:13 PM
(#14)
CptJbud's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 9
BronzeStar
you think that might be for speed? Maybe it'd take alot longer to scan for changes than to start from a clean folder?
 
Old
Default
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 05:48 PM
(#15)
VareckRay's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptJbud View Post
you think that might be for speed? Maybe it'd take alot longer to scan for changes than to start from a clean folder?
Hi Cpt,

Not really, you don't have to scan for changes manually in the application. Windows has a notification system (FileSystemWatcher in .NET for instance) you can set up from within your application allowing you to get notifications of when a folder or file changes. The overhead is minimal and the programming required pretty trivial.

I know this because I have done this many times myself. I do this with poker stars history and notes files which I copy to another location as they are updated. This allows me to use them without destroying the data for other apps.

There is no benefit to me as a user, speed or otherwise, having my history deleted as they're created.
 
Old
Default
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 08:14 PM
(#16)
TheLangolier's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,501
(Head Trainer)
From the reports, check "all" in the bottom section to display all hands (you can filter for date and maybe do this regularly). In the area it shows all hands, right click and select "Copy All Hand Histories to Clipboard". Then you can paste it into notepad and resave... it will be in the original format you get it from Stars (table name and all). I use this all the time for the training tool replayer as it will only load Pokerstars hh's in their original format.
 
Old
Default
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 10:21 PM
(#17)
VareckRay's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
From the reports, check "all" in the bottom section to display all hands (you can filter for date and maybe do this regularly). In the area it shows all hands, right click and select "Copy All Hand Histories to Clipboard". Then you can paste it into notepad and resave... it will be in the original format you get it from Stars (table name and all). I use this all the time for the training tool replayer as it will only load Pokerstars hh's in their original format.

Thanks Dave, appreciate the pointer.

I'd found a similar method to yours once I'd played around for a little while (see my post a couple down from the top of page 2).

Cheers
 
Old
Default
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 10:46 PM
(#18)
IroncladMerc's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 581
HEM doesn't delete hands after importing them, it moves them to the hand history archive folder specified in the import options. Also, if you want to export hands to a text file, you can right click the hand and select Copy Hands to Clipboard., or Copy All Hand Histories to clipboard, then paste them in notepad. Or select Export Selected (or All) hands to hard drive, which is probably better for what you want.
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com