Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Am I overreacting here?

Old
Am I overreacting here? - Fri Apr 08, 2011, 12:37 AM
(#1)
Deleted user
Watched this hand go down today and fired it off to support just for reference.
The shortstack is a reg at thes STT and the other player I just happened to have his other 2 tables open when this happened.So he was not in another hand when he made this play.

PokerStars Game #60500239107: Tournament #383391734, $3.00+$0.40 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2011/04/07 21:19:31 PT [2011/04/08 0:19:31 ET]
Table '383391734 1' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: Melish76 (1395 in chips)
Seat 2: IseeCookies (1540 in chips)
Seat 3: grizun66 (2665 in chips)
Seat 4: nonazi777 (1580 in chips)
Seat 5: JacktR007 (1190 in chips)
Seat 6: zangsky (1860 in chips)
Seat 7: TimelessTS (65 in chips)
Seat 8: trastirra (1840 in chips)
Seat 9: meghost (1365 in chips)
IseeCookies: posts small blind 25
grizun66: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to IseeCookies [Ad 8c]
nonazi777: folds
JacktR007: folds
zangsky: calls 50
TimelessTS: raises 15 to 65 and is all-in
trastirra: folds
meghost: folds
Melish76: folds
IseeCookies: folds
grizun66: folds
zangsky: folds
Uncalled bet (15) returned to TimelessTS
TimelessTS collected 175 from pot
TimelessTS: doesn't show hand
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 175 | Rake 0
Seat 1: Melish76 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: IseeCookies (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: grizun66 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: nonazi777 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: JacktR007 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: zangsky folded before Flop
Seat 7: TimelessTS collected (175)
Seat 8: trastirra folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: meghost folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 12:50 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
It looks fishy. There are legit explanations of course, misclick being one of them

But regardless, imo sending a hand like this to Stars to look into is NEVER overreacting. If there's nothing fishy going on, they've at least had a chance to look at it, no harm no foul. If something is amiss, now it's on their radar. Thanks for sending it.

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 12:56 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
There are a number of explanations of how this could have been an error, and if the guy is a reg, that's probably what it was. Even if his intention was to softplay, then I don't give a poop because the guy's basically giving the other guy one extra chance in hell at winning. I'd probably just type wtf and move on.

If there ends up being a reported pattern between the two and they end up being collusion buddies, then yay. But I wouldn't care, personally.

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 01:07 AM
(#4)
Deleted user
Problem is you will see soft play between people that see each other a lot like the DONs used to get.
You get three players that softplay each other but take turns beating on your blinds.
Are you going to be ok with tha on the bubblt?

Just a example..

If the player that folded had a bunch of tables open or was involved in a hand on another table,no problem.But that wasnt the case as I stated in the op the player was not involved in the other two tables.

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 01:11 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 01:17 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
are they from same country ?
used to be able to see same city
player who folded may not have noticed he was all in
A8 easy call there if no one comes over top also
the 1 guy who came in for 50 puts caution in hearts of SB + BB though . He does have ability to shield "partner" .
It takes more than 1 hand to see a a pattern
I chased 2 colluders from table to table copying hand histories when colluding was readily apparent.
also warned each table they sat at.
they were caught due to hand histories I saved and poker stars reimbursed me about $7.00 for my losses.

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 01:20 AM
(#7)
Deleted user
I know you love the hand replayer and want me to use it and I will try.
Guess Im old school,since I prefer to read the actual hand history.

Why?
-Shows buyin
-I dont have to click things to go back and forwards
- I dont have 4 hands posting away as I type as a response
- Its how I am used to going over my own hands

How often do we see people forget the buyin info?
If they fix that I am all for it.

I compare it to when I tried to switch trackers from Poker Co-pilot to PT3 and it just frustrated me to much.

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 01:24 AM
(#8)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXChris123 View Post
are they from same country ?
used to be able to see same city
player who folded may not have noticed he was all in
A8 easy call there if no one comes over top also
the 1 guy who came in for 50 puts caution in hearts of SB + BB though . He does have ability to shield "partner" .
It takes more than 1 hand to see a a pattern
I chased 2 colluders from table to table copying hand histories when colluding was readily apparent.
also warned each table they sat at.
they were caught due to hand histories I saved and poker stars reimbursed me about $7.00 for my losses.

I am all about table image early on and think that is far worth more than a few chips.
I call and some one isolates,I am now out more chips than I would be with a fold.
I had a guy two seats to my left that is very aggressive as well.

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 01:24 AM
(#9)
If it's a regular thing, then report away. It's hard to prove though if you're only ever catching it in stupid fold cases like this one. I don't get the concept of regs softplaying against each other though. People should just be playing for the money and doing what they can to make their hourly rate go up. Extending games pointlessly like this doesn't make sense, even if the players know each other. It's either cheating or it's not. Like Dave said though, report.

And gawd, what's wrong with my plugins? Every two weeks, the hand replayer stops working because I don't have the necessary plugin.

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 01:26 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Maybe I'm dense, but there appears to be three players who could call this hand.

First player, the small blind. An ace might be worth the $40 just to see the blind. He cannot raise and if another player raises, it was a cheap force.

Second player, the big blind. He is already committed to the hand. An additional $15 doesn't seem inappropriate. If his hand is super weak, then he relied on the first caller.

First caller. He made the initial play at $50, so the added $15 should not have forced him into folding. It would look suspicious to me that he didn't call.

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 01:31 AM
(#11)
Deleted user
@Cairn

I am not calling because another player has limped into the pot and I am establishing a tight image.
In a pot where some one has gone allin weaker players tend to over play them,so I was saving myself
25 and letting the two of him either check it down or go to war.

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 10:12 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Tight image is great, but sometimes the situation dictates another course. You can still maintain the tight reputation, but with this being a single table tourney, you want to force players out whenever possible. Just my feeling. It also sounds like you suspected this relationship before the specific hand, so breaking up a potential tag-team gives you another reason for calling the all-in player. Naturally, this is all hindsight.

Curious to know how this table ended.

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 10:50 AM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
There are a number of explanations of how this could have been an error, and if the guy is a reg, that's probably what it was. Even if his intention was to softplay, then I don't give a poop because the guy's basically giving the other guy one extra chance in hell at winning. I'd probably just type wtf and move on.

If there ends up being a reported pattern between the two and they end up being collusion buddies, then yay. But I wouldn't care, personally.

just becuase you wouldn't care don't mean its ok, when people play with their hard earn money they deserve a fair shot and not some type of collusion..the soft play there allow him another chance to double up and make it a little harder for you to itm..i think if you feel like something was fishy, then report it, becuase it could happen again on another table at another time with more risk involve to a clueless player and ps would not be aware of these guys possible collusion tactics.. wtf is a typical response from some, but not all who values their money..

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 02:02 PM
(#14)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
I've hit the wrong button and folded or raised, I've misread my hole cards. not 5 minutes ago I timed out on AA because I was replying to a post in this forum. Unless there's a pattern it doesn't mean much.

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 02:41 PM
(#15)
Deleted user
How do you suggest that Stars notices a pattern if players do not report hands that are suspect?
I stated that I was watching him on all his tables and this was very unusal for his playing pattern.
How often do you see this play?

I think people need to be cheated by a collusion ring to understand why it is good to keep vigilant
about reporting suspect hands.

When the whole Chinese DON scandel broke out I was involved in that thread since I had played with about 15 of those names and went back and looked for suspect hands.I sent them in and was told that they are still looking into it and would get back to me.Slowly people where paid
in no real pattern their compensation.Near the end they told us that the investigation only went
from late 2009 to early 2010.I had made most of my DON play $50-$109 during early 2009 and the summer of 2009 and was not in the proper dates of their investigation.So I lost at least $500
and had the hands to prove the soft play near the bubble.
So I think this is important to stay on top of and if anyone has a feeling something is wrong,send the hand history in.You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 02:44 PM
(#16)
Better to protect the integrity of the game. Reporting it is the right thing to do.

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 03:08 PM
(#17)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
definitely looks like soft play to me....good job

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 03:24 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Yes, you had two players fold when all they do was to put in 15 chips to see a flop. Okay, you could conceivable excuse the BB since he did not voluntarily put any money into the pot, but for the guy who called 50 and then folded to the re-raise, that's kind of alarming.

But the big question is, why would you fold an A-8 when all it was going to do was cost you 40 chips for a chance to knock somebody out of the tourney? Of the three people who folded, you probably had the best hand!

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 03:34 PM
(#19)
Deleted user
Ok I no a lot of you dont understand why I am folding A8os early on.
I play a Tag style and to make it a successful image I need to pass on spots that are +Ev for a few chips so I can steal later with garbage.If I am active early on it gives my bets later on less value and will be looked up more often than not.

Being active early in these is a good way to run into a fish that spews just because some one is allin.

Not every one plays like I do and I understand that people play every +Ev spot they come across.

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 03:40 PM
(#20)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Nit

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com