Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

dwindling bankroll

Old
dwindling bankroll - Fri Apr 08, 2011, 07:23 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
Iv'e hit a pretty bad run mostly due to bad bad beats so i lost most of my bankroll not that i was large.
I put in about $20 and have racked up about 500fpp's going up and down but never really bellow $20 till now.
i got low so i stopped playing cash games and started doing heads up because i usually have a really high win rate in the $2 matches (about 4 to 1) but i keep getting unlucky and can only win them 50 50 so i started doing the fifty 50 tournaments wich i had hit the cash in all but 2 times i had played in them. and i've not hit the cash for 5 in a row.
I just want to know some easy ways to rebuild back up to my $20
i know with the tournament stats i used to get i shouldn't lose money but i had a few leaks in my cash games i wanted to iron out and that cost me pretty much all my winnings and i'm fine with

I was intending to play in the cheap 10cent 55cent tournaments i played in one yesterday and a missclick made me go out early.
I also was planning on playing in the 20fpp tournaments.

Anyone have any tips or suggestions

also just lost my pso posting virginity

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 10:30 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by defaultPUPPY View Post
Iv'e hit a pretty bad run mostly due to bad bad beats so i lost most of my bankroll not that i was large.
I put in about $20 and have racked up about 500fpp's going up and down but never really bellow $20 till now.

(Hedgehog wimpers) Please tell me that is a mistype and you mean Vpps. With the exception of acting as a buy-in to certain games, Fpps are WORTHLESS. At least for league players.

Now for some suggestions:
1 --- Assuming you have more than 20 vpps last month and are active, work the PSO for a top thousand spot. Minimum prize for an active player is $3, so anything earned helps.

2 --- There are Fpp games that pay cash. These might offer you a chance at building the bankroll without using cash. If you do not like turbo or hyperturbo games, there is one weekly game on Sundays that cost 50 Fpps that has a great structure. (tourney - vip - bronze)

3 --- If you have any step two tickets from the astrology freerolls, play these for the cash prizes.

4 --- If you are not active this month, but will be active next month, concentrate on the astrology freerolls and the $90K sat since these games offer a chance at a cash prize.

5 --- Others swear the 25¢ 45-player and 90-player games are great bankroll builders. I haven't tried these since there is no vpps earned.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com