Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Just that one step better is killing me

Old
Just that one step better is killing me - Fri Apr 08, 2011, 09:03 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
I am beaten way to often with a card higher, These circumstances seriously only happen because it's a damn computer program.

PokerStars Game #60511233152: Tournament #383457389,
$6.00+$0.60 USD Hold'em Limit - Level IV (100/200) - 2011/04/08 8:44:49 ETTable '383457389 1' 6-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: Kwiken (1195 in chips)
Seat 2: chrismkds (3045 in chips)
Seat 3: goginel (1695 in chips)
Seat 4: stringslingr (990 in chips)
Seat 5: csacsinszka (1335 in chips)
Seat 6: shootermacg (740 in chips)
goginel: posts small blind 50
stringslingr: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to stringslingr [Td Tc]
csacsinszka: calls 100
shootermacg: folds
Kwiken: folds
chrismkds: calls 100
goginel: folds
stringslingr: raises 100 to 200
csacsinszka: calls 100
*** FLOP ***
[6c Qc Kd]stringslingr: checks
csacsinszka: bets 100
stringslingr: calls 100
*** TURN *** [6c Qc Kd] [Ts]
stringslingr: bets 200
csacsinszka: calls 200
chrismkds: folds
*** RIVER ***
[6c Qc Kd Ts] [Qd]
stringslingr: bets 200
csacsinszka: raises 200 to 400
stringslingr: raises 90 to 490 and is all-in
csacsinszka: calls 90
*** SHOW DOWN ***
stringslingr: shows [Td Tc] (a full house, Tens full of Queens)csacsinszka:
shows [Qs Th] (a full house, Queens full of Tens)csacsinszka collected 2330 from pot
stringslingr finished the tournament in 6th place
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2330 | Rake 0 Board [6c Qc Kd Ts Qd]
Seat 1: Kwiken folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: chrismkds (button) folded on the Turn
Seat 3: goginel (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: stringslingr (big blind) showed [Td Tc] and lost with a full house, Tens full of Queens
Seat 5: csacsinszka showed [Qs Th] and won (2330) with a full house, Queens full of Tens
Seat 6: shootermacg folded before Flop (didn't bet)

I wait and fold alot and lost a little trying make hands with cards, and whenever I finally catch a hot hand like a full house, or even a strong pair or two, The other guy always has that same hand better one over. Earlier in this game I had 77, was beaten by 88, I had 99 and lost to tens, Un freakin believable, I really can't belive in real life, that this would happen as often as it happens to me! POKER STARS SUCKS

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 10:58 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
If you are so sure about this then you would be a fool to continue playing online.

You didn't raise enough to force QT to fold so can't be surprised when it pops up at showdown.

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 11:26 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
While I think your tilted logic is baseless, I do understand how you feel. Got involved in a blinds battle last night at a cash table. Button raises, small blind 3-bets, I 4-bet with AKo. Button folds, small blind only calls. Flop is like 2K8. I bet, small blind pushes, I call. He shows KK. Case K hits the flop, the only card in the deck that could get me stacked. ~7% chance of that happening. LOL...

Hands like that are going to be extremely unpleasent, but they do happen all the time if you play enough volume. Get used to it. It won't happen as much live because the volume of hands played is lower. It does happen just as often live...

Last edited by RockerguyAA; Fri Apr 08, 2011 at 11:29 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com