Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

4 bet all in late stage in 4.40 180 man

Old
4 bet all in late stage in 4.40 180 man - Fri Apr 08, 2011, 12:28 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=B33CD8D7B3

Unfortunately I cant find the stats of this player. He was TAG more like 25/20 then 10/8. He opens from CU with 10M. At that point I do have doubt about my hand vs villain. He could well be stealing but someone with his stats might not open raise and fold to shove. Still I have AJs and decide to resteal. I believe he has to fold often. First because I have him covered and second because we are close to the bubble. I tink reraising or calling is not an option (if thought otherwise let me hear

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 02:10 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
Villian puts 16% of his stack in the pot near the bubble and is doing this with the BB easily having him covered.Just something to think about since I dont think villian folds in this spot often.

Your reasoning is exactly why he is not making this play lightly.Even if a player is bad,they are aware of the bubble.The big blinds stack is the big tell in this hand since he could easily call and not be affected by it.When you push its 1/2 of the Big blinds stack so its a easy fold.But say you fold,the big blind may call and then villian shoves flop.I bet that was the game plan before you shoved on him.

Just be aware of the stack sizes more when you make this play.

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 03:26 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2011
I guess my shove was naive, especially because my first reasoning was spot on. I never considered however how the size of the BB might influence the play of villain in that spot. Making it even harder (near impossible) for him to make that play with some sort of steal.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com