Is it me or

Old
Exclamation
Is it me or - Fri Apr 08, 2011, 06:48 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
Hi all
I am new here, and gonna start of with some wining rigth away lol....

no serious - what I am wondering about - been playing a number of PSO tourneys now ..
and alwas there is a few players that dont sit out, but just let their time go by each and every hand ..

99 % of the time this happens I just go all in on 7 2 ( extreme but to make my point ), or leave - and some other ( much fewer ) PSO tourneys where it doesnt happen, I play and am getting the hang of it being a new poker player.

My main question is tho; why do people do this ? Later on in the tourneys ya sure, if thats your style or you need it cause you're low on chips, but right at the start already ?
I dont think u need the clock at the start of a tourney ? or do you and do I just not know why ?

To me this is ** irritating but hey .... maybe it's just me and part of the game lol
I just noticed it happens more in PSO tournaments then elsewhere .. anyway it makes it no fun for me to really try and be serious about this tourney

so: where do I go wrong and what do I miss ?

thanks

another thing - as we newbie here - I also did meet a LOT of real nice people, its overall a cool gang u guys got going here !

thanks for having me ( if thats not over by now lol )

and good luck to all, and feel free to kick my *** if I said some real stupid things here, luv learning

Be safe all and have a great weekend,
micky

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 06:53 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
It's just you.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 06:55 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
shoudl I reply on this right away or wait till my time is up ?

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 06:57 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyli View Post
shoudl I reply on this right away or wait till my time is up ?
mickyli, you have 12 seconds to act.

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 07:00 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
Hi mickyli and welcome aboard. Don't mind ssugs,he and I (and a few others as well) have a running competition to see who is the biggest smart-azz in the Forum and it's perpetual.

For a real answer (before the thread dissolved into NHL playoff banter) check out the "Why Run the Clock Out" thread that I just bumped to this page.

That should help clear it up for you.

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 07:00 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Micky timed out, hand is folded because micky was reading a similar post in the forum which he should' 've done be4 whining here !!

ssuglia wins the pot !

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 07:02 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Moxie .. just saw that lol
sorry and thanks !!!

its also a good answer on why I find it soo irritating !!

my patience ...... a wonderfull virtue - if I dont leave it in de drawer which happens so often lol

clocks - reading forums be4 askign things .. well no more comment needed

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 07:09 PM
(#8)
Hey mickyli, welcome to the pso.
The clock issue is well covered in the forum. I suggest you use the search feature and throw in a couple keywords in the advanced search to find a number of threads on the matter.
The reason you see it here right from the start, is that some players feel this is the best way to gain points in the league. It is not something that is advocated, and is actually considered bad etiquette, but it is technically not against the rules unless you ask someone to do it for you, or do it for someone else.
I suggest looking over the scoring system for the pso, looking over some leaders stats, and then play your best situational poker, in order to do well. By situational, I mean, your position, your stack, your place in the field, how long until the bubble, etc.
I'll be sending you a pm w/ some new player info soon.
Until then, best o' luck!
Dan

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 08:05 PM
(#9)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
Welcome!

Good to see you have a sense of humor...it will serve you well here.

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 08:50 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
thanks and also thanks Dan for the welcome !

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 08:52 PM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Hi mickyli and welcome aboard. Don't mind ssugs,he and I (and a few others as well) have a running competition to see who is the biggest smart-azz in the Forum and it's perpetual.

For a real answer (before the thread dissolved into NHL playoff banter) check out the "Why Run the Clock Out" thread that I just bumped to this page.

omg that thread had hockey talk?? wtf I skipped it cuz the clock debate is so /yawn BRB!

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 09:11 PM
(#12)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post

Hey Moxie, it looks to me like you might have planned to come in here and not add to the original post. I don't think bumping a different thread qualifies as adding to this one. Please explanain yourself or I will have to report you to the proper authority.

Last edited by Mmmm Fish; Fri Apr 08, 2011 at 09:11 PM.. Reason: The clock stall happens because of the negative points issued.

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 09:24 PM
(#13)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmm Fish View Post
Hey Moxie, it looks to me like you might have planned to come in here and not add to the original post. I don't think bumping a different thread qualifies as adding to this one. Please explanain yourself or I will have to report you to the proper authority.

Oh Chit!!!

Stalling works.

Good looking out fish.

That was a close one...........

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com