Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

There are 3 hands in poker.........

Old
There are 3 hands in poker......... - Fri Apr 08, 2011, 08:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2010
There are, very simply put, just three hands in poker-the hand I have,the hand u think I have and of course the hand I bet/call/raise make you think I have.
During a recent tournament, with the blinds at a low 25/50,I was able to use this to my advantage.I was in mid position on the table relative to the blinds and was dealt a pocket pair.Several players had already limped in to the pot, so why not I thought-I might get lucky set mining here-so limp I did.The blinds checked it and we all got to see the flop cheaply, which is your goal with small pocket pairs.The flop brought QQ2 with two hearts.After the blinds checked, one of the early limpers made a pot sized bet of 250 and it folded around to me.Several possible hands he could have, but I still think my pocket pair is good and I had already seen this player make a big continuation bet for a steal on an earlier pot, showing his bluff.So, I call ready to re-evaluate my hand after the turn card.The turn is another low card but now puts two flush draws out there.The other player again bets 250 and this really looks suspicous to me, if he had a queen why not check to see if I would bluff at this, so I'm thinking he is on a draw or has a pocket pair himself and is protecting it to keep me from drawing out on him.After these considerations, I still think my pocket pair is good so I call again to re-evaluate on the river.The river brings a third heart ,dammit, but no overcard to the original flop.The other player now makes it 450 to go.I think about the way he has played this hand and make the decision that my pocket pair is still good, so I raise to 911.He pauses for a moment then folds-Justletme142 shows QQ for quad Q's....."I quess u didn't believe I had a queen" he says......The hand I bet I make you think I have<---luv playing these players..They can be quite profitable...
The justman........

Last edited by justletme142; Fri Apr 08, 2011 at 10:21 PM.. Reason: spelling re-evaluate lol

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com