Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments /

WSOP St Louis recap

Old
WSOP St Louis recap - Fri Apr 08, 2011, 10:14 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I played in event 23 today ($355 buy-in). Was playing what I thought was pretty solid poker all the way thru.
In the first 2 hr session, I basically doubled my starting stack. The key hand there was holding QQ, flopping a Q that turned into a full house (another guy had 6's full of 7's). I did bet a bunch there, but didn't want to push..... just incase the guy had pkt 7's.
The second 2 hour session, I was basically treaded water, gained about 2k chips from the end of the first session.
The third 2-hour session, I was totally card dead for most of it... although I made a few good to great folds (KK being one of them). About 25 min before the dinner break, I was about 2k chips below the chip average and got dealt AA for the first time all day. Level was 250/500 with 50 and I opened the betting by raising to 2k. Called by 4 players. Flop was 3 suited rainbow J 7 2. Turn was a blank...Pushed and got called by a guy with basically an even stack of chips to me. He had J 10 spades..... sees my aces and says "wow, I misread you on that one", as he thought I was bluffing with AK or AQ and didn't want any action on the hand. River.... 10.

With how many chips were in that pot and what the chip average was at the dinner break, I'd have had well over double the average stack and more than likely enough chips to cash, even if I didn't win another hand (based on the stack size I had when I played 2 years ago... I missed there by 9 places and I'd have had 15k chips more than then... with about 1/2 the chips in play).

At least if I had to get KO'd, I went out fighting with the best hand by far (88.71% according to the odds calculator on here) and put myself in a position that with 1 huge hand holding, I was in solid cash position.

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 10:26 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Tough break man.... are you playing anymore games?or is that it?

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 10:39 PM
(#3)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Only one for now. Gotta get the bankroll back up before I can play in another.

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 10:40 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Oh... one thing I left out.... after that flop, I bet 5k chips.... so I did follow up my preflop raise with a considerable bet too.

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 10:42 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
Sucks to go out on a beat like that. Sorry to hear. I'm sure you'll do great if you play another though.

Old
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 12:58 AM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2010
Sorry to hear, I have felt your pain.
Better Luck next time

Hunt2day

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com