Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Hubble's Freeroll

Old
Hubble's Freeroll - Sat Apr 09, 2011, 03:26 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
With a little bit of elbow grease, a little bit of luck, PSO training videos, PSO training courses, advice from fellow players on the forum, and 4 hours of playing time, I have achieved in the top 72 places. I now have a ticket for Week 2 Freeroll! Thank you PSO!

I'll update this post and let everyone know what place I bust out on (Every intention of hitting first)

Old
Sat Apr 09, 2011, 04:06 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
congrats, the hubble freeroll is what got me into playing for real money.

i got 7th place in the hubble tourney and ended up cashing the weekly tourney for a whopping 65 cents. I have since grown that small amount of money (with no deposits) to $250, lost it down to about $50, back up to $200, down to $130 and withdrew $100, and now am back up to $65.

so good luck and hopefully you will have the same success as I had and even winning a few cents can go a long way

Old
Sat Apr 09, 2011, 04:08 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Thanks! Right now I am still playing with just 15 people left. And I hope I can mimic your success as well!

And Congrats on your successes too!

Old
Sat Apr 09, 2011, 04:27 AM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2011
BronzeStar
Hey what a coincidence I got a ticket too!

Old
Sat Apr 09, 2011, 04:45 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
Good jobs you two.

Now listen to me here. If you're trying to Freeroll you way up you want to play BOTH Weekly Round 2's each week if you can. DO NOT be satisfied getting one ticket. When you play these Astronomers load up any that are going at that time. If you have 2 or 3 going at once it increases your chances of having a good one and getting that ticket. And it's a good place to learn other games (Stud,Omaha,the draw games,the mixed ones are great for learning).

The extra kicker is that if you can get solid at a couple of the other games,these are often times what run on the Sunday Round 2's. Have a good handle on Stud or Omaha and enter the Round 2's on Sunday when they run that and you'll have a leg up on the field. Most peeps on here.....all they know is NLHE (and most don't know that very well either).

Increase your plays,learn to have more table than one up at a time,learn other variants of poker to play.

There is never a better time to start doing this than when you're freerolling it.

Good luck.

Old
Sat Apr 09, 2011, 09:40 AM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Advice for you.... if you only get one ticket, try to play the Saturday one as it'll normally have less people in it.

Those are how I started my bankroll from zero on pokerstars. Good job!

Old
Sat Apr 09, 2011, 10:47 AM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Advice for you.... if you only get one ticket, try to play the Saturday one as it'll normally have less people in it.

I prefer the Sunday tournies that aren't NLHE.

I've cashed in a couple of Stud and Omaha Round 2's back when I was getting my bankroll off the ground.

As Moxie said(can't believe I'm agreeing with this donkey! ), most players only "know" Hold'em. If you have any knowledge of other poker variants, you'll be way ahead of the field.

Old
Sat Apr 09, 2011, 11:01 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
If you have 2 or 3 going at once it increases your chances of having a good one and getting that ticket. And it's a good place to learn other games (Stud,Omaha,the draw games,the mixed ones are great for learning).
I liked playing Badugi! I've been trying to teach a few people at home how to play it, and they all just look at me funny. They mostly want to play poker.

Quote:

Advice taken! I actually have to play it next week. I was up till nearly 3:30 AM playing this freeroll and playing the 9:00 AM R2 freeroll would be a -EV move. I am used to 8 - 10 hours a sleep! :p

Last edited by EndlessMyk; Sat Apr 09, 2011 at 11:03 AM..

Old
Sat Apr 09, 2011, 11:03 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
And I forgot to post my bust out hand. I had nearly 600k chips, blinds were about 25k or so, 2 other villains called my all in shove. I had AKo, villains had A3o and A8o. I busted out in 13th place.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com