Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Best Tournament Ever? (I'm Playing It Now)

Old
Best Tournament Ever? (I'm Playing It Now) - Sat Apr 09, 2011, 06:05 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
I'm playing a 45-player $1 FLO sit&go at the moment. I've seen these before in the lobby and they take forever to fill up. I've actually never seen one near filled, so I wasn't actually sure they ever ran. Well, earlier this evening, I glanced at the Sit&Go lobby and lo and behold, this fixed limit Omaha game was sitting at 43 out of 45 players. I signed up, and ten minutes later, I started playing.

Apparently they do take a long time to fill up. Over half the field was sitting out when the game began, and nobody who was sitting out to begin with ever showed up. I assume they had all signed up hours before and just went to sleep or something. I sat at a full ring playing against two opponents for about an hour. And out of the three of us, I was apparently the best Omaha player (and I had primed for this game by Googling an Omaha Hi hand selection chart, and reading some basic theory on the game. I really don't know how to play all that well).

I'm currently sitting in first place out of six remaining players. The last of the sitter-outers was just blinded out, and actually got one or two dollars. Anyone who legit knew how to play is now sitting at the final table, and basically got a walk to get there. Don't you wish every MTT was like this?

Old
Sat Apr 09, 2011, 06:54 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2010
Well Played PP, a roller coaster ride over that last hour, nice 2nd though

Old
Sat Apr 09, 2011, 06:54 AM
(#3)
Took second place ($10). It was a back-and-forth heads-up match though.

Yay.

Old
Sat Apr 09, 2011, 06:58 AM
(#4)
Thanks bogweed. Didn't know you stuck around. Can't wait to get my Omaha book in the mail... I'm actually kind of enjoying FLO. It's too bad it seems incredibly unpopular.

Old
Sat Apr 09, 2011, 09:24 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
Thanks bogweed. Didn't know you stuck around. Can't wait to get my Omaha book in the mail... I'm actually kind of enjoying FLO. It's too bad it seems incredibly unpopular.
great job

It's probably because omaha players play the game for the big pots / huge exciting variance swings. FL sort of kills that action.

Old
Sat Apr 09, 2011, 07:01 PM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
nice job, il definitely check it out.

and i think you joined my omaha league, im still looking for members we have like 9 right now but maybe i'll get an omaha game going soon

Old
Sat Apr 09, 2011, 07:07 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Great Job!

Old
Sun Apr 10, 2011, 04:07 AM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Have you played it again since? Seems like a good way to make money if most of the players are sitting out (although I've done worse than a sitting out opponent before ). I might try one of these even though it's a bit of a burden on my bank roll.

Old
Sun Apr 10, 2011, 05:04 AM
(#9)
There was one guy at my first table who I eliminated before the FT hit. If the guy had just won one pot and sat, he'd have done better than he did. He was a massive calling station though, and was surprisingly easy to win chips from, despite the fact that he was the the one who had most of the table to his left sitting out, so he had the best blind-stealing opportunities.

Haven't done another one yet. I'll check in a bit to see if one is filling up. I think I just sort of hit the lottery by finding one that was about to play. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if these take over six hours to fill.

And yep, I'm in the Omaha league, gplaya. Would definitely love to play some Omaha, regardless of the size of the game. Maybe pm everyone in the group to set up a time, and bump your thread in the Home Games forum. We might be able to get a full sit&go sized game going.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com