Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

UK Gamblers - The Grand National!

Old
UK Gamblers - The Grand National! - Sat Apr 09, 2011, 09:33 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Has anyone in the UK had a punt on the National today? Where is all of your money going?

Just for the record I've gone for Ocean Time at 11/1, and I picked Skippers Brig at 40/1 each way at for my better half - long odds given the historical trends, but has ran like a champ lately!

Old
Sat Apr 09, 2011, 11:32 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2010
I had a hot tip a horse would win it

Don't gamble other than poker Tom, so not a real follower of the National.

Old
Sat Apr 09, 2011, 01:00 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
I don't do the horses usually but I do do Football. I did pick the 2nd finisher...but picked them to win. Grrrr!

Though, I don't really try to gamble when playing Poker either lol.

Old
Sat Apr 09, 2011, 03:29 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
For the first time EVER I missed this. Out all night playing and slept through it.

Grrr. Not happy

Old
Sat Apr 09, 2011, 03:53 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Wasn't a bad National tbh! Though it was a bit uneventful, so don't feel too much like you missed out. Next stop, Malaysian GP tomorrow morning :-)

Old
Sat Apr 09, 2011, 05:49 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Yeah. I suspect I'll still be up for that

Shows what a test the National is though. Two dead horses and you describe it as uneventful. Tough tough race.

Old
Sun Apr 10, 2011, 03:19 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Ah yes...that wasn't such an amazing thing was it? I think I really meant on-track drama - apart from the deaths it was like any other horse race to me. There were only 11 finishers this year too - thought there were more. Maybe Im just bitter because I backed Oscar Time to win it lol.

Old
Sun Apr 10, 2011, 07:34 AM
(#8)
Since: Apr 2010
Whilst out shopping I came across my mother going into the betting shop
I told her the name of a horse
I didn't bet
Of course I can't affect the outcome with my actions
Low and behold it wins
Lmao
Well done mum
She backed it x
Sweet

Old
Sun Apr 10, 2011, 07:35 AM
(#9)
Since: Nov 2007
Missed the National too but after McCoy won it last year I felt that was the pinnacle for me.

I watched the Malaysian Grand Prix this morning, such a disappointing display for Hamilton but I really think Vettel is the next Scumacher.

Do you know what really will make this a weekend to remember? If Rory McIlroy (my fellow countryman) wins the Masters at Augusta. He is going into the final round 4 shots in the lead but we all know how things can change at Augusta.

I will have everything crossed for Rory and not just because he is Irish but because I have a wee bet on him at 25/1.

TC

Well done to your Mum Spike

Old
Sun Apr 10, 2011, 07:41 AM
(#10)
Since: Apr 2010
I hope he wins too
Maybe thats just the wee bit of Irish in me too
He is such an under-rated player imo
He will definitely be the worlds number 1

Old
Sun Apr 10, 2011, 08:56 AM
(#11)
Since: Nov 2007
Yup he has a great future to be sure.

I think there is a wee bit of Irish in most people; not a wonder the world is such a mad place

TC

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com