Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Analysis Please

Old
Analysis Please - Fri Apr 08, 2011, 11:09 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar

Last edited by Stakehorse75; Fri Apr 08, 2011 at 11:26 PM..

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 11:24 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Stake, it's easier if you start a new thread with each hand that you want evaluated.

With the two hearts on the flop, you've got to be weary of a flush. You need to bet the flop to see where you're at, but I'd have made a bet about pot-sized. That way if another heart comes, you can still fold the hand and it will also cost anyone wanting to try and draw at them a sizable amount of chips. Once the 3rd heart hits, that has to be a red flag for you and you'd need to fold it to any sizable bet.

I used to push hands like that in the same situations.... pushing too often like that too early will get you in trouble more than it will help (I've learned alot from here about playing after the flop, instead of pushing too much, too early in the hand). Learning to play hands like that to the end to see if there are easy draws that hit will improve your game alot (at least it has for me).
Yes, you want and need to bet, but just not to push into a board that has draws that people will want to be playing (if they had 2 hearts, they have 9 outs... or more if K or A of hearts.... 9 gives them a 36% chance against you. If they have AK hearts, they have 15 outs on you and you're a 60-40 underdog when your chips went in)

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 11:25 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
Please post your hands in a new post in the hand analysis forum.
Believe this sticky was just to test the replayer and let people now about it.

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 11:26 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
I raised preflop, bet all-in on the flop, where I was still good, and he was still drawing, his only draw was to a 4.5-1 flush draw, so I bet all in, not giving pot odds, or implied odds. He loses 3.5/4.5 times, no? Have the books deceived me?

Last edited by Stakehorse75; Fri Apr 08, 2011 at 11:39 PM..

Old
Fri Apr 08, 2011, 11:33 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerstar671 View Post
did i post this in the right place?
It's easier if you start a new thread for each hand.

If this hand is from a PSO tourney, then you are not yet to the $$ and first goal is to get into the money (and you should have had plenty of chips to get you there by only playing premium hands).
At this point of a tourney, it's way too early to be playing any 2 suited card from UTG. If you are going to get into a hand from UTG, it's a good idea to 3-bet... but... since you can't make a straight from your suited cards, it's best to muck them in this situation. If you had KQ, QJ, etc... then it's riskier, but you have the stacksize to play a hand of them and if you lose or don't connect on the flop, you can fold and still have plenty of chips to make the $$.

Getting multiple calls on your 3-bet before the flop means that you're more than likely WAY behind in the hand. People in mid-late position that would call your 3-bet will probably have a pair or an A with another high card (you're behind any A on the flop). The blinds could call that easily if they're priced in... on a wide range of cards too.

It's unlucky that someone had the same suited K to your suited Q.... but you really should have folded this from the beginning.

Old
Sat Apr 09, 2011, 10:01 AM
(#6)
** Moved to standalone thread **

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com