Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

KK loses again

Old
KK loses again - Sat Apr 09, 2011, 02:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Why do so many play so badly? I think I did the right thing but....... Kirsten was rasing big with any ace or pair- me I was playing TIGHT- so why would she call my all in- she had to know I had a BIG hand- after the flop I was absolutely dead- needed the other two kings, like that was gonna happen- oh wel, don't know if there was a better way -sure doesn't seem like it.

PokerStars Game #60572810808: Tournament #379718608, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2011/04/09 10:44:50 PT [2011/04/09 13:44:50 ET]
Table '379718608 91' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: brunswickguy (1060 in chips)
Seat 2: Nerne (2260 in chips)
Seat 3: xdan_ch_danx (4135 in chips)
Seat 4: wldrdhed (1020 in chips)
Seat 5: Vegas wiz (3620 in chips)
Seat 6: RockWopster (5195 in chips)
Seat 7: cukyt (1185 in chips)
Seat 8: jel-mil (6675 in chips)
Seat 9: Kirsten2525 (4415 in chips)
RockWopster: posts small blind 75
cukyt: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Nerne [Kc Ks]
jel-mil: folds
Kirsten2525: raises 600 to 750
brunswickguy: folds
Nerne: raises 1510 to 2260 and is all-in
xdan_ch_danx: folds
wldrdhed: folds
Vegas wiz: folds
RockWopster: calls 2185
cukyt: folds
Kirsten2525: raises 2155 to 4415 and is all-in
RockWopster: calls 2155
*** FLOP *** [Qd 2s As]
*** TURN *** [Qd 2s As] [4d]
*** RIVER *** [Qd 2s As 4d] [9h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
RockWopster: shows [Js Ts] (high card Ace)
Kirsten2525: shows [Ad Kh] (a pair of Aces)
Kirsten2525 collected 4310 from side pot
Nerne: shows [Kc Ks] (a pair of Kings)
Kirsten2525 collected 6930 from main pot
Nerne finished the tournament in 713th place
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 11240 Main pot 6930. Side pot 4310. | Rake 0
Board [Qd 2s As 4d 9h]
Seat 1: brunswickguy folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: Nerne showed [Kc Ks] and lost with a pair of Kings
Seat 3: xdan_ch_danx folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: wldrdhed folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Vegas wiz (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: RockWopster (small blind) showed [Js Ts] and lost with high card Ace
Seat 7: cukyt (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: jel-mil folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: Kirsten2525 showed [Ad Kh] and won (11240) with a pair of Aces

Old
re: KK loses again - Sat Apr 09, 2011, 03:17 PM
(#2)
BronzeStar
You didn't do anything wrong. Once your all in the cards on the table decides who wins. Even the best poker payers can't change the faith of the flop. I've lost with AA about the same number of time that i lost and won with J 10 , 8 9 s against A A and K K many times. You also have to follow your instincts ... I have folded A A when there was a K on the table because i felt that the guy had K K and sure enough he did. If your not 100% sure of your hand, see the flop before going all in.

Never give up,

R0YAL FLASH

Old
Sat Apr 09, 2011, 03:59 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Remember as well that Kirsten wasn't the problem. They had AK which is legitimate to raise and call with. RockWopster played terribly, and tbh, you actually want their hand to call you because you dominate them.

Im going through a bit of all in imbalance right now, and it really frustrates and infuriates. My latest is AA vs QT hitting a Q on the flop, then river. At least you lost to a legitimate hand!

Try not to be to downhearted, you actually played correctly.

Old
Sat Apr 09, 2011, 04:10 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
You can't really play the hand any better than that. The fact that kristen had a wide range doesn't matter much when you are dealt KK. You can't fold, and a call would have given rockwopster better odds to call(not that it mattered though the maniac still called lol). A push with KK was the best option, regardless of if you put kristen on Ax, AK, or better. Against any A your roughly a 75% favorite all-in preflop.

You can review the odds to see why your push was correct.

3-way all in with kristen's entire range and rockwopster calling with JTs
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...c?sitId=141595

2-way all in with kristens entire range:
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...c?sitId=141596

You were way ahead of kristen's range. Never a sure thing though, you got unlucky this time! You did everything you could to get rockwopster out of the hand and that is a good thing. You can see how much your chance of winning drops after he calls!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com