Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments /

Another Rockford tourney

Old
Another Rockford tourney - Wed Nov 06, 2002, 02:09 AM
(#1)
Deleted user
I'll start off by saying that jmuzzey's streak of money finishes came to an end tonight. : And Bill's didnt start. But lets write a little about the tourney anyway.

The usual CHAPS suspects showed up to play the 150 buy in charity tournement (muzzey, Sailor and, of course, the birthday boy) plus a new face. Stricky decided to liven up the room with her presence.

39 players at 4 tables to start. The CHAPS were'nt split up too well, with jmuzzey and myself at one table and sailor and stricky at another. But at least I had position on the muzzmaster. Not that it did me a ton of good. My cards were dead, dead, dead. So I blinded off for 4 or 5 rounds before finally someone didnt raise my BB and I saw a flop. I won a tiny pot.

More time passes, and we go down to 3 tables, all CHAPS still alive. When I step away from my table to smoke, I see stricky double up with AK giving her a nice chip lead on me. I return to the table and my succession of cruddy hands. I literally went 1/2 an hour at one point without an ace in my hand, although I managed to keep right around 5k in chips with a couple of blind steals, and a rivered straight (but no action)

When we go to 2 tables, muzzey and I are the only ones flying the CHAPS flag, and finally he is moved. I remain card dead (which isnt too bad a thing, it is hard to lose chips with 93, q6, j5 type hands.

With 14 players left muzzey comes back to the table, with a healthier chip stack, and I finally start to get a few playable hands. Unfortunately, both of them were when I was the button, and Jay was BB. Wish I could have stolen someone elses chips, to be honest. But I showed the AK and JJ hands, and muzzey didnt get out of line coming over the top (as he has been known to do :lol: )

Muzzey eventually busts 11th (but I'll let him tell that story) and I go to final table, with a seriously below average stack. On the third hand I make the laydown of the tourney, when UTG sighed, called, and was raised all-in by the player to my left. I am on the button with 99 and muck. I wasnt sure I was behind the raiser, but I was darn sure I was behind UTG guy. Sure enough, he calls and turns over his Aces, eliminating the guy to my left who had QQ. And no 9 hit, allowing me to pat myself strongly on the back for a good read. 2 more players are eliminated and I am still way short stacked. I double through UTG with JT sooted, giving me enough chips to make the blinds anyway. Chip and a chair. Chip and a chair.

But no more chips and no more chair when I call a raise from another short stack, with AJ, and the big blind (and chip leader) also calls. Original raiser QJ, Big blind A2 sooted. When no face cards hit, I thought I had tripled up, but a deuce had flopped, increasing the BB's chip lead and eliminating me and the other guy.

So, a 6th place finish, and no money. Life is hard, but at least Stricky gave me a big big birthday smooch. So I guess the night wasnt a total bust.

The room they held this in (downtown Chicago) was much nicer than the place in Rockford, and 1.5 hours closer to home. In the immortal words of Douglas MacArthur " I Shall Return"

Bill

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2002, 01:46 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
i think bill has told the story well, but i will tell you what happened to me. i was also pretty card dead the whole night, but managed to hang around a 4 to 5k stack by stealing the occasional pot. and i mean i truly stole them, with stone cold bluffs. i had managed to bury myself with a very short stack of 2100, blinds at 400/800. i made a couple of moves then finally caught 88 on the button. there was one limper, and i moved all in. the small blind thought long and hard about calling, as it was not much of a raise, and he threw his chips out there and called. the limper thought for a second and mucked. small blind turns over KK, and i turn over my eights and said out loud, please lord, give me an eight. well, th flop came A88, I FLOPPED QUADS and doubled through. i then got moved as bill said and at the new table, the blinds went up to 1k/2k, i came to the tablein the big blind, so i posted and folded both blinds. then raised the next 2 hands back to back and picked up the blinds. i had roughly a 10k stack and felt that if i could get one solid double through on someone, then i would make the final table and be in contention for the money. i was in the big blind, playing 6 handed, and the utg player raises all in for 7500. i look down and to my delight, i see KK......oh how sweet, i call his all in and roll them over, he rolls AQ offsuit over and flop comes 38A/J/Q...... i am crippled to 2600 in chips. i managed to double through on the next hand with AJ, and then stole one pot with an all in raise. i was then moved back to bill's table and played pretty strong, but just couldnt catch a hand. with 11 players left and about 7500 in chips, i had 2k posted in the big blind, holding 5/8 clubs. one limper, and i rapped to see a flop. flop came Q/10/10, i led out with a 2k bet, limper thought and called, the turn brought a 5, i htought this guy was on a draw, as he played rather passively i thought, so i pushed the rest of my chips in hoping he would fold. he called before i got my chips in the middle and showed me a slowplayed Q/10 for a flopped full boat. i was out 11th, making a risky play. if only he would have raised preflop i could have let go of my hand with no problem. but once i am in, i fight for the pot, and made a monster mistake. it was a fun tourny, and i learned a valuable lesson. so i didnt consider it a complete loss. the fous CHAPS members had a great time and quite a few laughs....... they are supposed to put a picture of us on the net at www.rockfordcharitablegames.com and bill told them to title it 3 chaps and a chick........ i chuckled at that. :lol: :lol: i will also be back trying to reclaim the title, i just love these tournies, and the competition is great. hope to see more pso'ers soon,

jmuzzey

Old
Wed Nov 06, 2002, 06:09 PM
(#3)
Sailor Moe
(Sailor Moe)
Since: Jun 2010
We all have a story to tell so I'll give it a try.

The first memorable hand I remember the first player to act made a blind raise. All folded to me in mid position. I looked & saw pocket 5's & called. Player to my left called also. Flop comes 335 which makes me full on flop. First to act bets $1000, I call & next player folds. Turn comes a 3 & first player bets $1000. I took a second & thought, he must have a pair with his preflop bet which gave him a boat also. I raised all in & he called. He turned over pocket 10's for 3's full, to my 5's full. River was no help so I made almost a double which made me chip leader at my table.

Next hand I remember I was the big blind. Player to my left made a a raise of about 1/2 his stack of about $3500 & player in mid position went all in for about $1200 more. I look at my hand & see AA & put player on my left all in. He turns over K/9 of diamonds & other player shows J/T off suite. Not sure of cards on flop or turn just the 3rd diamond on river. A's busted "Player on my left told me he was trying to steal blinds".

I still had about avg. stack when I was the big blind again. With two callers I check my Q/9 of hearts. Flop comes 8,9,10, with the 8 & 10 hearts. With middle pair & a straight & flush draw I bet $2000. All fold but the chip leader. Turn comes a 5 & I bet just $1000....... A mistake I believe. Chip leader calls! River is a J for my straight. I bet another $1000 & chip leader goes all in. I think for a minute & tell the player to my left I am beat but call. He turns over the K/Q for the K high straight & I am history. ops: ops:

Had a great time seeing Jmuzzey & Wild Bill again & meeting Stricky. Always have a great time with fellow PSO players win or lose.

I finished some where in the 20's but hope to do better next time.

Sailor Moe

Old
Fri Nov 08, 2002, 11:05 AM
(#4)
Deleted user
NOW FOR STRICKYS STORY

OH WHAT A NITE :roll:

IT SURE WAS NICE TO SEE YOU ALL AGAIN. WHAT A GREAT GROUP WE HAVE. I PLAYED SO MANY HANDS I SURE CANT REMENBER THEM ALL.....I DONT KNOW HOW YOU GUYS DO IT.

SINCE I WAS THE FIRST ONE OUT I DECIDED TO PLAY IN THE RING GAMES. HOW SWEET THE PICKENS. WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO 8)

NOT A BAD GROUP AT THESE GAMES AS FOR THE TOURNEY I'LL JUST HAVE TO WIN IT THE NEXT TIME . :P :P :P :P

BILL YOU LEFT TO EARLY THE GIRL WAS JUST BRINGING OUT YOUR CAKE.... NO SWEETS LEFT SO I TOLD HER TO USE POTATO CHIPS AND PILE THEM UP ON THE PLATE , SORRY YOU MISSED THAT ONE I EVEN MADE SURE SHE HAD DIP.
I HOPE YOU HAD A NICE DAY

GEE WIZZZZZ
I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD BE SO EXCITED TO MEET A SAILOR... IM GLAD YOU DECIDED NOT TO WORK SAILOR MOE I REALLY HAD A NICE TIME.. IT WAS SO NICE TO MEET YOU :wink: :wink:

WELL MUZZZZZ
YOU WILL CLEAN THEM OUT NEXT TIME IM SURE.. AS LONG AS WE ALL DONT GET TO THE FINAL TABLE AND IF THATS THE CASE I THINK WE SHOULD JUST CHOP :roll: :wink: :P
PLEASE GET A BABY SITTER NEXT TIME I HOPE JEN CAN MAKE ONE OF THESE EVENTS I KNOW SHE WILL ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS I DID

LATER BOYS 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

THE CHICK

STRICKY :P :P :P

Old
Fri Nov 08, 2002, 01:43 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
UHHHH SOUNDS LIKE I OUGHT TO MAKE ONE OF THESE.

Old
Sat Nov 09, 2002, 12:01 AM
(#6)
Deleted user
This was my first time playing live poker and what a great time it was. I was lucky enough to finish in 3rd place. I had a lot of fun and everyone there was very nice. Hope I can make the trip done again sometime soon and hope to see you all at PS. Thanks for the good time. You are all really a nice bunch of people.

ty
Aaron

Old
Sat Nov 09, 2002, 12:38 AM
(#7)
Deleted user
well, well, well, if i only knew. why did you not say something??????? watch out for this guy, he plays very well, and is the one who slowplayed a flopped full house to end my night. it was nice to meet you, or at least kind of meet you. i hope we get to play again, you truly are a first class player, and congrats on your finish. i thought you were going to win the tourny.....

jmuzzey lsogc

Old
Sat Nov 09, 2002, 02:23 AM
(#8)
Sailor Moe
(Sailor Moe)
Since: Jun 2010
WOW knobla! we were talking about you......didn't know you was a PSO player. You played very well & congrats on your finish.

Just think, if you told us who you were, you could have your picture on the Rockford web site. :roll: :roll: Looking foward to seeing you again & having a little chat chat.

Guess you found your way back to the interstate ok? I made the light & I seen you didn't.

Sailor Moe

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com