Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Does this happen to you????

Old
Does this happen to you???? - Sun Apr 10, 2011, 08:13 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
This past week has been my worst ever at the PSO. I went 45 hands of absolutely nothing to attempt a bet with and when i finally get a full house AAKKK, it gets donked with 4 of a kind 9s, by a player that bet 9 5. Go figure. Maybe i should be more of a risk taker and bet stupid hands too. Seems like when I fold a low hand, low and behold, here comes a straight or a flush or even a fullhouse on the flop and a person with high card Ace wins because nobody had a hand. This has been happening alot and not just in the PSO. The cash tables too. Is there something going on with the programming that makes certain people get shit cards every hand and another catches 5 or more betting hands in a row.....mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Makes you think, huh???????? All i know is if it doesn't get better, i'm outta here before i get in over my head and start losing serious money. I mean in the PSO its for points but what good is it to do really great a couple times in a row and get points and then do really terrible in one game, because you get low cards that you can't and won't attempt a bet on and lose them all. Well i'm finished belly aching. Had to get it all out. See ya'll at the tables. Good Luck Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your gonna need it!!!! P.S. I feel alot better. Maybe i should start a Thread called whats your bitch, just for people to blow off steam. LOL~~~~

Old
Mon Apr 11, 2011, 06:56 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
I was sitting on a cash table one time where I went over 100 hands and my best hand was A 9 off suit. Not a single pair nothing really playable. Everyone gets bad runs of cards like that and what I do in league is play super slow use all the time it allows without taking out any of my time bank. If you want to see how this works and helps just try it. Look at the people on your table that play that way in PSO and see where they are ranked, and I can almost guarantee you that they are up high on the leaderboard. Good luck to you and have a great day.

Old
Mon Apr 11, 2011, 07:50 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
Not sure how that hand went down unless there were six cards on board.

Your full house accounts for 2 cards in hand plus 3 board cards, villain started with 9 5 and hit quads, so there's 3 x 9's on board.

Tough beat nonetheless.

Old
Mon Apr 11, 2011, 08:10 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
LOL wondering same thing . villian must have been a pretty nice guy if they gave him an extra card to play
tough beat but it happens (not the extra card)

Old
Everybody experiences bad beats and some just get extremely lucky and smash the Odds! - Mon Apr 11, 2011, 08:17 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
I re-looked at the hand and, my bad!!! It was trip A's with K kicker, but bad beat non the less. Who in the hell bets all-in on 9 5 ???? Oh, thats right desperate donk players. Wish I could get so lucky. I can bet AA , AK, AQ etc, and its almost gauranteed to be a small numbered flop, with no face cards. Like i said, i just had to blow of some steam and ask if this is something that happens quite often or just to me. LOL Because with the turmoil in my life, it wouldn't be one bit surprising. LOL. But, i continue to forget that it is just a game and I just need to accept the fact that I will win some and lose some and some people have a luck factor that defies science. Well, thats all I have for now on that subject. Talk more later on my next poker issues. See ya'll at the tables. Game On Players!!!!!!!!!!!!. Thanks again for the advice on using the clock, I'm sure i'll get plenty of ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ when i start doing that but hey, if I have to suffer with a shit hand, then I should share that moment with the table in the form of "wait until I fold" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!.

Old
My Bad, Luck Loves the Donks. LOL - Mon Apr 11, 2011, 08:28 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
I had Aces and was short stack, what would you have done? I mean, I was clearly a favorite to win. Why the hell would someone call with 9 5 preflop after I called all-in with Aces. I know bad beat, thats the answer right? But now I am really intimidated to play my Aces now after that experience. I've had the same thing happen with Quad dueces. Maybe Pokerstars does this so we will have something to bitch about. I mean, they do have a forum for bad beats. Lol. Oh well, live to fight another day. Have a great game everyone. See ya at the tables. Game On!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
Mon Apr 11, 2011, 08:34 AM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
It never happens to me. Every time I have the best hand pre flop I win the pot. I thought this was the law?

Old
Mon Apr 11, 2011, 08:45 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
That's why I asked, if its me, because I can recall several times when I have went all-in on AA, AK or AQ and have the flop turn out low cards that don't help. I mean, this is happening more frequently to me than other people. If i see somebody else at the table bet that same hand and they are the chip leader, they get there cards on the flop. Never happens to me. I guess some people have all the luck. O h by the way, change the law to "If mccauleyxry gets AA, AK or AQ, give him the damn cards he needs" LOL.

Old
Mon Apr 11, 2011, 09:45 AM
(#9)
Since: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccauleyxry View Post
That's why I asked, if its me, because I can recall several times when I have went all-in on AA, AK or AQ and have the flop turn out low cards that don't help. I mean, this is happening more frequently to me than other people. If i see somebody else at the table bet that same hand and they are the chip leader, they get there cards on the flop. Never happens to me. I guess some people have all the luck. O h by the way, change the law to "If mccauleyxry gets AA, AK or AQ, give him the damn cards he needs" LOL.

Hi

Why not post the hand in Hand Analysis? You may get a few pointers that could be helpful.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com