Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Honest opinions please

Old
Honest opinions please - Mon Apr 11, 2011, 12:09 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2010
Hi guy/girls

If You have ever sat at a table with me how would you describe me as a player ?
i.e. loose/tight/passive/aggresive

I won't be offended its your opinion

For those who haven't played me before
Here are the stats for four hours play
What's your opinion on this

275 hands played and saw flop:
- 12 times out of 46 while in small blind (26%)
- 21 times out of 44 while in big blind (48%)
- 18 times out of 185 in other positions (10%)
- a total of 51 times out of 275 (19%)

Pots won at showdown - 17 out of 25 (68%)
Pots won without showdown - 51

Thanks

Old
Mon Apr 11, 2011, 08:10 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
Never tabled with you,but as far as the stats go the flops seen % is pretty standard DEPENDING on what these hands were culled from. Were they PSO hands,rings,cash MTT's,or SNG's? A combination of all/some of the above? Makes a difference.

Old
Mon Apr 11, 2011, 08:35 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2007
Well Spike i had you as LA the only time we played. You had a big stack and were calling/raising with ATC. I would be more wary of you now but we would need to be at the same table again to move you out of the yellow zone

TC

Old
Mon Apr 11, 2011, 10:25 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Never tabled with you,but as far as the stats go the flops seen % is pretty standard DEPENDING on what these hands were culled from. Were they PSO hands,rings,cash MTT's,or SNG's? A combination of all/some of the above? Makes a difference.
The stats came from last nights win in the league

TY topethecat

Old
Mon Apr 11, 2011, 10:42 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
according to your stats, loose passive

Old
Mon Apr 11, 2011, 11:02 PM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2010
[QUOTE=spike8998;271873]The stats came from last nights win in the league

Honest Opinion --

Looks like 275 hands well played. IMO anytime you book a win you got the job done.

Congrats.

I took a peek at your Skill League results so far in April. What I notice in particular is a fairly polarized range to your finishes. You have some very fine results, including last night's #1, but you also have a number of poor ones.

My guess, and that's all that it is, is that you may be playing somewhat LAGGY in the early rounds of the tournament. Sometimes you build up a big stack of chips, but other times things don't work out so well. Just a guess, but maybe something to ponder.

Good luck, Spike. I hope you continue to do well.

Old
Mon Apr 11, 2011, 11:34 PM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike8998 View Post
The stats came from last nights win in the league

TY topethecat

19% in PSO is Donk-Bingo Maniac.

Keep doing what your doing man,try to learn as you go but stay true to what you do IF IT WORKS for you.

Everyone played the same way this would be one boring ass game. I'm TAG,tending to NIT sometimes. Right now,that works for me. I don't kid myself that I'll have to add to my arsenal moving forward though.

If you're a little bit more LAG.............well I kinda envy that as I think it's an easier adjustment to learn how to tighten up a little than it is to learn how to loosen up.

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Mon Apr 11, 2011 at 11:39 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com