Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Best.... but painful finish in $200 freeroll

Old
Best.... but painful finish in $200 freeroll - Mon Apr 11, 2011, 06:45 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
well. last night i got into the $200 freeroll on PDC. this is truly a crapshoot tourney for the most part, in the beginning at least. in these i usually gamble early or go ahead and take that chance as starting stack is $1000 and it goes quick. 1st hand i went all in w AKos and scored a quick double up so then i could be more selective and aggressive from then on.

This ended up being my best tourney finish in this freeroll. 2nd.... UGH!

Why you say? i lost it in the sickest way.

The final table was basically an all-infest as the BB started at $20K. When i got there i had about $120K

I stayed selective as others were all in all in all in....

...i had entered some pots before and didnt get much action except a weak call. This happened a lot so i just limped with AKs. i was looking for post flop action and the flop comes AKQ, scary but i go all in there figuring id get a call somewhere and sure enough...i get called w Q2 os and i forget what the other hand was as he was all in as well but with the lowest stack. ended that hand at @$400K. so i was 2nd in chips.

anyways long story short, final 2/@2300 and i worked my way to an even stack after being dominated and then it comes..... i get dealt AQos..... im ready to go all in but he beats me to it.... i call each with $1M+ in chips.

He shows K2os guess what hit and held up?

Its the best finish ive had and i was $14 in cash plus an $11 satellite coupon. So not bad for nothing invested and am happy i finally played the bubble better...but of course, i wanted that win...lol.

1st was $18 and a $33 coupon plus the ribbon for show...lol

Last edited by Magunga_Mike; Mon Apr 11, 2011 at 07:18 PM..

Old
Mon Apr 11, 2011, 08:37 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Great Job!

lately I've been playing bunch of $2.20/180 player SNGs and won first place twice and 2nd place twice cashing in over $300 in couple days

my last cash was 1st place in the very same SNGs

then... i busted out in like 40 of them wasting like $80 of what i won... ...

it was so sick, All my AK AQ was getting beatin by A rags, My AA KK getting beatin by J8 QJ KQ

My JJ QQ running into AA KK... even my 99s were running into 10 10.

My two pairs (pair on the board) getting runner runnered by ace rag to complete a straight when i went all in on the flop...

i had 10 10, i raised preflop and got called by A 7

flop came 9 5 9, i was behind him, i just shoved, he called and 8 6 on turn and river...

so i was taking that kind of bad beats like in 40 tournies I don't slow play much, I don't limp much. I rather raise or reraise rather then calling

Old
Mon Apr 11, 2011, 09:11 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNeedBackUp View Post
Great Job!

lately I've been playing bunch of $2.20/180 player SNGs and won first place twice and 2nd place twice cashing in over $300 in couple days

my last cash was 1st place in the very same SNGs

then... i busted out in like 40 of them wasting like $80 of what i won... ...

so i was taking that kind of bad beats like in 40 tournies I don't slow play much, I don't limp much. I rather raise or reraise rather then calling
i did it because i wasnt getting anything worth calling the all ins. 10 2, 8 3, 74, J2 etc. and when i did get a hand i would get the blinds...but i knew i would need more than the blinds...even if i was to get sucked out i had to try it in this case.

I am working on being a little more aggressive... which i can be..but its betting the right amounts and then not getting caught up in MY own hand when i hit a good one and forgetting what the other guy IS playing/doing.

So, i got lucky and my solid hands held up. (except for the most important one of course. damn 2!!!!).

Keep up the good work!

i know tourneys can really drop the BR if your not finishing well. i usually try and play them when im in the right mood. otherwise its a bad play/focus that costs me early.

Old
Mon Apr 11, 2011, 10:23 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
I just constantly push my self. I like to believe its more of skill not luck or mood based so... I just keep telling my self "think logical and keep doing it!"

sometimes i am too aggressive ... or i'ts rather more like not knowing how to play passively and not knowing how to execute slow plays

so u know :/

Old
Tue Apr 12, 2011, 07:52 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
nice job mike

Old
Tue Apr 12, 2011, 10:37 AM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Congrats! I used to play on that site a long time ago .... I like the little ribbons and icons you get to show off lol but never got one. There just wasn't enough games to play it seemed. I might make a deposit on one of their skins because I qualified for 45% rakeback or something.

I was going to deposit, but instead came to stars. Been a very profitable experience too. Isn't that the site that has like a ton of different skins? Like CarbonPoker and 420Poker which is all the same site, just different skins.

Old
Tue Apr 12, 2011, 11:14 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0o0AcEo0o0 View Post
Congrats! I used to play on that site a long time ago .... I like the little ribbons and icons you get to show off lol but never got one. There just wasn't enough games to play it seemed. I might make a deposit on one of their skins because I qualified for 45% rakeback or something.

I was going to deposit, but instead came to stars. Been a very profitable experience too. Isn't that the site that has like a ton of different skins? Like CarbonPoker and 420Poker which is all the same site, just different skins.
Yes, thats the one.

i deposited on there a long time ago but never could really get my BR up but i was only playing tourneys and not finishing well that much. this year has been up and down for me.

Yea, it says 3500 or so online at times and i always wonder...where they at? ( must include all of them?)

Its easy to mark the ones that seem to hit alot since most of the time you see the same people over and over. some of them you cant find on sharkscope, not sure why. I mark these and stay away.

i do like the look of PDC as i can change the layout in various ways and the smilies are hilarious.

I see PStars just updated to have the chat bubbles now.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com