Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

Starless Micro-stakes 4/12

Old
Starless Micro-stakes 4/12 - Tue Apr 12, 2011, 12:02 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi all,

As many of you know I have done several micro-stakes NLHE sessions for the live training. I usually play with my VIP stars displayed, and often get the question during training if I think players react differently to me because they see I'm Goldstar or Platinum... well several have asked me to brave the micro-stakes tables with those stars turned off if I dare. Well I dare.

Just finished and will be setting up the replayer session now, come see tomorrow night how it turned out.

.01c-.02c NL Full Ring starless madness

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/edu...sion/?id=21382

Hope to see you there.

Dave

Old
Tue Apr 12, 2011, 12:34 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Good Luck

Old
Tue Apr 12, 2011, 12:48 AM
(#3)
(Head Trainer)
The replayer session is set, I have included VPIP and PFR stats for all villains, wow some fun stats. LOL

Come and see Tuesday night.

Old
Tue Apr 12, 2011, 02:06 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
The replayer session is set, I have included VPIP and PFR stats for all villains, wow some fun stats. LOL

Come and see Tuesday night.
This should be a fun one to watch.

I have noticed some players do play differently when a gold+ star or a Pokerstars Pro is at the table.

Old
Tue Apr 12, 2011, 03:16 AM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
I used to give them a wide berth. I've also decided to not sit at a table before, if I landed next to a multi-star player. But I just got my HUD yesterday, and I noticed today that I didn't care anymore. I actually had a lot of fun with a Supernova earlier today who was running 40/35. Hehehe. Fun.

Looking forward to the session. I just got my new computer yesterday too, so I can appreciate all of the site's high-tech details with an entirely new perspective. It's like I couldn't see colour before, but now every one shines through with brilliant detail. Live Training's gonna be great!

Old
Tue Apr 12, 2011, 07:26 AM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2007
New computer and HUD Panicky, I am green with envy

Which HUD did you go for and how is it running? BTW what is 40/35, playing 35 out of 40 hands I assume?

I really want to attend this training session as 1/2 is where I make my pennies and VPPs. 3am in the morning here at that time but I will set the alarm for 2.30am just to get in on this one.

TC

Old
Tue Apr 12, 2011, 07:33 AM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
New computer and HUD Panicky, I am green with envy

Which HUD did you go for and how is it running? BTW what is 40/35, playing 35 out of 40 hands I assume?
On my HUD, I would say that means VP$P of 40 and PR of 35,,,which imo is pretty loose, almost ATC
>Dem

Old
Tue Apr 12, 2011, 07:50 AM
(#8)
Thanks Demontis,

I understand now. Certainly a loose player but he must have exceptional post flop skills to have Super Nova status or else he just has plenty of money to burn.

Looking forward to the live session. Cya all there.

TC

Old
Tue Apr 12, 2011, 10:08 AM
(#9)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
Thanks Demontis,

I understand now. Certainly a loose player but he must have exceptional post flop skills to have Super Nova status or else he just has plenty of money to burn.

Looking forward to the live session. Cya all there.

TC
Yes, VPIP = Voluntarily put $ in pot preflop, PFR = Preflop raise.

I think it's probably impossible to run 40/35 long term and be profitable in full ring no matter how well you play post flop. Probably impossible in 6 max too tbh, that's just really LAGgy. On an individual table it might be profitable though, like if the whole table is nitty LAG-ing it up is a good response.

Don't be intimidated by VIP status, evaluate their play and adjust accordingly. In the HUD Usage training session, those that saw it will recall I was constantly abusing a supernova who was mass multi-tabling and playing nitty, never defending his blinds. If we were scared of his stars (or not able to identify that he doesn't defend blinds) we would have missed out on a lot of free money.

-Maybe he's a great post flop player who normally plays a laggy style
-Maybe he's a losing nlhe player who is too laggy and just has a lot of money
-Maybe he normally doesn't play those stats
-Maybe he normally doesn't play NLHE. Last month I made probably 2000 VPP's from limit Omaha/8. There are a lot of games available besides nlhe.

Old
Tue Apr 12, 2011, 11:16 AM
(#10)
Thanks Dave,

I will be there tonight.

2000 VPPs is pretty impressive. I am still scratching my head how to clear 7764 VPPs before the 21st May to get my full 600$ deposit bonus.

It is looking a lost cause at this stage

TC

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com