Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

I'm getting knocked out in 50 SNGs in a row since my 1st place finish last night

Old
Default
I'm getting knocked out in 50 SNGs in a row since my 1st place finish last night - Tue Apr 12, 2011, 01:52 AM
(#1)
NoNeedBackUp's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 150
BronzeStar
Few things I'm noticing

1. I have a decent hand like TT, JJ running into AA KK QQ

2. I raise at least 4X BB when i have Big pairs like KK QQ AA, and AJ A10 KQ Ace rags calls me and hits their over pair or gets REALLY REALLY lucky

3. I'm getting way too many callers and one of them always get lucky on me

4. I'm not hitting anymore monsters

5. all my draws are missing if i have straight draw and flush draw at the same time i'll miss both at the same time 100%

6. when I'm, short in chips when i need to shove with middle pocket pairs, i get called by 5 players with rags...

i hate this. seems like im in some sort of a restriction so im not supposed to win ANYTHING.

I don't know whats going on.

I got 1st place, $108 as my prize and I lost 90% of it.

Until yesterday my Apirl ITM % was 14% and because i busted out in 40 consecutive no cash SNGs its down to 9%... in ONE DAY

this is ridiculous
 
Old
Default
Tue Apr 12, 2011, 01:53 AM
(#2)
NoNeedBackUp's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 150
BronzeStar
My AQ AK is losing to K 10 K J A 3
 
Old
Default
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 12:37 AM
(#3)
aPpLeZauc3's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 7
BronzeStar
I had the SAME F$*#)#@(@* ISSUE a couple of months ago. I won this $2 SNG 90 man and everything went downhill from there. The very same damn hands you posted, the same shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttt would hit me. I must have played about 40 something SNG and only cashed in like 3 of them. I would just get SO unlucky....i mean, how unlucky can you be going 40 something tables IN A ROW!?!?!?!? It's so sick...you can check my sharkscope for babiijoker and you'll see what I mean.
 
Old
Default
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 12:41 AM
(#4)
aPpLeZauc3's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 7
BronzeStar
small mistake, i wrote the wrong username lol its sexydumpling....check out my graph and you'll see the huge line going up and then the rollercoaster starts going
 
Old
Default
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 02:13 AM
(#5)
mcrissinger's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,650
BronzeStar
Small mistake?
 
Old
Default
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 02:40 AM
(#6)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrissinger View Post
Small mistake?

LOLZ...........

I'm Sgt. Joe Hostick................

Da-de-dum-dum.................
 
Old
Default
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 06:52 AM
(#7)
XXChris123's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,512
BronzeStar


I have played over 8000 s+g's if u like I can help
 
Old
Default
?? - Wed Apr 13, 2011, 07:06 AM
(#8)
monkeyskunk4's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by aPpLeZauc3 View Post
small mistake, i wrote the wrong username lol its sexydumpling....check out my graph and you'll see the huge line going up and then the rollercoaster starts going
if you open a 4th account-- you will start winning again-- it says so in the TOS !!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Old
Default
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 08:12 AM
(#9)
mytton's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 181
Based on your numbers (14% April itm down to 9% from losing 40 consecutive SNGs,so about 72 SNGs played before that run) you played about 6 or 7 SNGs per day in April until the win. Then once this spiral of bad beats and losing began you played 40 in a single day. Hmm. That sounds like chasing to me. Would it be fair to say that you tilted a little there?

I'm not saying the bad beats didn't happen, but if they come so thick and fast that your mind starts to boggle, I really think you should step away from the table. Take a break, vent a little perhaps, here or elsewhere. Later you can review some of the games and see if you could have done anything differently, or if you played right but just suffered bad luck. Come back the next day in a calmer, more positive state of mind. If you simply carry on playing through it you are liable to just multiply the losses.

I say this because I know I have that tendency myself, to get stubborn and carry on grinding, trying to win back what I have just lost. It is very hard to just leave it be at that point, but it is the best policy. After a break you will have distanced yourself from these losses, analysed them and consigned them to a file marked 'learning experience' and be ready to bounce back and start winning again.

I can sometimes find myself pushed into a frame of mind where I just want to see how bad it can get. Someone described this as 'despondancy tilt', where you play a good hand not thinking you might win, but with a sense of incredulity wondering what bizarre way it will lose this time. Then when someone sucks out on you there is a 'told you so' moment, a vindication of sorts. Obviously this state of mind does not lead to good decisions at the poker table.

I don't know how much of this applies to you, but the numbers do show you played an awful lot in one day, even though the results as you describe, were terrible. Just put it behind you now, and good luck getting back to winning ways.
 
Old
Default
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 10:17 AM
(#10)
19honu62's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNeedBackUp View Post
Few things I'm noticing

1. I have a decent hand like TT, JJ running into AA KK QQ

2. I raise at least 4X BB when i have Big pairs like KK QQ AA, and AJ A10 KQ Ace rags calls me and hits their over pair or gets REALLY REALLY lucky

3. I'm getting way too many callers and one of them always get lucky on me

4. I'm not hitting anymore monsters

5. all my draws are missing if i have straight draw and flush draw at the same time i'll miss both at the same time 100%

6. when I'm, short in chips when i need to shove with middle pocket pairs, i get called by 5 players with rags...

i hate this. seems like im in some sort of a restriction so im not supposed to win ANYTHING.

I don't know whats going on.

I got 1st place, $108 as my prize and I lost 90% of it.

Until yesterday my Apirl ITM % was 14% and because i busted out in 40 consecutive no cash SNGs its down to 9%... in ONE DAY

this is ridiculous
With all due respect 14% itm is very low for a good player. So how do you know how u r playing? Do you reveiw your hands with someone?

Gidee Up!
 
Old
Default
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 01:37 PM
(#11)
mcrissinger's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,650
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aPpLeZauc3 View Post
small mistake, i wrote the wrong username lol its sexydumpling....check out my graph and you'll see the huge line going up and then the rollercoaster starts going
User not found.
 
Old
Default
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 01:42 PM
(#12)
roomik17's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,556
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrissinger View Post
User not found.
which of the 3 he named? lol
 
Old
Default
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 01:43 PM
(#13)
ssuglia's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,393
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aPpLeZauc3 View Post
I had the SAME F$*#)#@(@* ISSUE a couple of months ago. I won this $2 SNG 90 man and everything went downhill from there. The very same damn hands you posted, the same shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttt would hit me. I must have played about 40 something SNG and only cashed in like 3 of them. I would just get SO unlucky....i mean, how unlucky can you be going 40 something tables IN A ROW!?!?!?!? It's so sick...you can check my sharkscope for babiijoker and you'll see what I mean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aPpLeZauc3 View Post
small mistake, i wrote the wrong username lol its sexydumpling....check out my graph and you'll see the huge line going up and then the rollercoaster starts going
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrissinger View Post
Small mistake?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
LOLZ...........

I'm Sgt. Joe Hostick................

Da-de-dum-dum.................
I love when the mouthbreathers do the legwork for us.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
 
Old
Thumbs down
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 04:56 PM
(#14)
NoNeedBackUp's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 150
BronzeStar
Ok so I play less than 15% of my hand...

basically this is what happened

I get JJ or TT somewhere in the middle I bet about 3~5 x BB (about 3 or more in later stage, 4 or 5 BB in later stage) as i would do with AA KK

QJ T9 KJ KQ types of hand I'd muck if theres a big raise(3X BB or more) and/or if there are more than 2 or 3 players limping/calling raise front of me.

I play those heads up and depending on the situation and the odd i'll continue after the flop. Easy to be running into big hands or monsters when you call a raise with meiocre hands, as i stated i'd play around 12~13% of my hands and i dont goto showdowns that much

I thought of the reason why i might lose.

I'd try to play with playable hands like AK AQ QQ JJ TT and not win the hand, give up too much or significant amount (at least what... like 25% of the stack?)

not necessarily calling all the way to the show down but i'd lay it down once i figure im beat after my stack has been cut down.

I would not get a playable hand, my time runs out until BB goes up high, get another playable hand, miss again/get beaten and loose.

Shove with small stack, get called and KO'd in the tourney

I think thats the way i've been going out when im having bad runs.

I don't snap call all-ins with KJ AJ or sometimes or most of the times not even AQ

if i have enough chips to bully then i'll bully being the INITIAL raiser instead of making loose calls with AJ A 10 or other rags.

I don't make stupid calls to chase unless im committed bc of not getting hands, normally i won't call raises for higher odds with suited/connectors/non pair face cards

usually i win over 80~85% of my showdowns

I usually don't even play 10 9 type of suited connectors maybe once in a while when the oods, it has to be cheap, no big raise or no raise at all heads up or less than 3 way pot and no not in late stage bc BB is really high. i shove/ make big raise to steal pots with playable hands.
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com