Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Curse of the river?

Old
Curse of the river? - Tue Apr 12, 2011, 03:54 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Train of thought:

pre flop - early days, fair hand so see on the cheap

flop - "yay yay! top pair." $100 bet - "Hmm, flush draw, best put him off". 1,120 re raise "nah, can't have anything, can he..." call. see his cards. "sweet, ahead. odds of hitting again: me= 20% him= also 20%. i have best hand, though.

turn - so far so good...

river - air inside my head turns blue "S.S.D.D."

Old
Tue Apr 12, 2011, 04:21 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
against a random hand after the flop, you are an 82.7% fav against a random hand. Against their hand, you're at 81.6%. Mark that one up in the bad luck column.

Old
Tue Apr 12, 2011, 04:28 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Yep, best to not let your opponent see all 5 streets when your holding a medium strength hand. Of course, sometimes you can't do anything about that. My favorite is the 2 or 3 outer on the river. It feels like a slap across the face lol.

There are other ways you could have played this hand. For example: If you had raised to 300 you might have gotten 7To to fold preflop, but my guess is this guy wanted to play so he probably would have called... Even so, your show of strength would possibly have scared him enough to not get all the chips in on the flop with middle pair 7 kicker. You got all your chips in ahead, which is always a good result. Better luck next time!

Old
Tue Apr 12, 2011, 04:29 PM
(#4)
Once again JWK, thanks. Been doing all my hands lately, so please don't think its unappreciated.

Rockerguy - thanks for input and for luck (in this game, always handy). always interested to hear alternates to how i play.

Last edited by havocofsmeg; Tue Apr 12, 2011 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: rockerguy posted whilst writing

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com