Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

thankyou pokerschool

Old
thankyou pokerschool - Wed Apr 13, 2011, 11:33 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
well where do i start?

few years ago i got into playing poker online and had good runs and bad (more bad runs than good) so i gave up playing online poker mainly due to all the "idiots" that played and kept taking my money lol, i mean who calls a 3x BB bet with 78 suited when i'm holding aces and wins the pot "F'ing idiot doesn't know how to play" was my general thoughts.

anyway at one of our not so frequent home games a friend mentioned this poker school, so i set about reading various posts and hand analysis, i registered just over 2 weeks ago and did the quizzes etc.
i didn't realise how much i still had to learn about poker, guess you never learn everything but it has given me a better grasp of things and more understandings of how to play and when, like ace 3 os is not a hand to raise UTG with early in a tournament etc.

so anyway i started playing online again in the PSO league games, managed a 7th place finish in my very 1st one, (more luck than good judgement i think)
i also started playing other freerolls, i have not deposited money and am trying to bankroll from $0 the 1st cash in the PSO was helpful, 35c or something like that but with my new found "bible of poker" i have managed to cash in several freerolls and started to play 25c MTT SnG's of which i have cashed 4 out of 8 of them so far, not a great record but shows my improvement as i rarely cashed in anything before, i cashed in the pokerstars live freeroll the other day and also gained a seat in the game of your life freeroll all positives for me and in such a short space of time, this may just be a "luck" thing, i really hope it isn't and it is in fact due to my improvement of my game, all of which i attribute to this site, the guys over on the hand analysis threads sure know their stuff and have been great. the live training programs are awesome too.

so in short after the life story lol, read the titlle of the thread

Old
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 11:46 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
See what happens when you stop playing in 3D

Old
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 11:48 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
great post bashy

cheers

Old
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 12:43 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010

Old
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 01:24 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
When you get that bankroll up to the $5 mark, consider making a run for active status. If you can finish in the top 1,000 of the league, it means real money. Check out the bankroll forum for helpful suggestions on growing your stake into something to boast about.

Old
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 01:35 PM
(#6)
Since: May 2010
BronzeStar
ditto very good post keep it up

Old
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 01:54 PM
(#7)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
When you get that bankroll up to the $5 mark
i'm just under $6 at the moment. will just keep plugging away for the time being.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com