Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

player notes

Old
player notes - Wed Apr 13, 2011, 04:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2010
alright guys and girls, looking for some help.
can anyone tell me how to get my player notes from one computer to another?

thanks Murdoch

Old
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 05:14 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
I may be wrong but I don't think it will transfer over.

Old
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 05:22 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdoch25 View Post
alright guys and girls, looking for some help.
can anyone tell me how to get my player notes from one computer to another?

thanks Murdoch
Your player notes are stored in a text file. It is an XML file that is text conforming to the XML specification, do you know what that is? If not I can describe it to you.

The default location for this file is something like

C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\PokerStars\

where "username" is the name of the user you are logged in as

The actual location depends on the version of Windows you are using, the above is for windows 7. It will be different for other version or for a MAC.

You can find out where the file is stored by going to

Options->Player Notes

from the main lobby and clicking the "file location" button

the actual notes are stored in a file called notes.xml

All your notes are in this file, you can copy this to any location or computer you want to.

Hope this helps

Last edited by VareckRay; Wed Apr 13, 2011 at 05:34 PM..

Old
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 08:07 PM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by VareckRay View Post
Your player notes are stored in a text file. It is an XML file that is text conforming to the XML specification, do you know what that is? If not I can describe it to you.

All your notes are in this file, you can copy this to any location or computer you want to.

Hope this helps
I had the same question, and transfered the file but could not cut and past into the file that was on the computer wanted to transfer to, confused? me too, anyway used word pad to transfer do I need to use a different program?

Both Computers file only seem to let you read and copy, thanks for any help in advance.

Old
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 09:51 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwik1 View Post
I had the same question, and transfered the file but could not cut and past into the file that was on the computer wanted to transfer to, confused? me too, anyway used word pad to transfer do I need to use a different program?

Both Computers file only seem to let you read and copy, thanks for any help in advance.
hi Kwik1,if can you pm me with details of exactly what you did (or just list your actions in a reply here). I'm in a tourney just now and near the bubble lol but I will have a look at it and get back to you (and post the answer here).

I'm not exactly sure from what you have said how you transferred the file (for instance if you copied the file to a cd, then to another computer, it may have been marked readonly during the transfer to cd) , if you opened notes.xml in wordpad you can Save As from the Wordpad File menu to another location, whether it be to a folder on the same computer or a connected computer.

As I mentioned the notes file is just a standard text file following a particular format, you can use wordpad, notepad, ms word or any other text editing program to open and copy and paste the text, etc. so I'm not sure why you had a problem.

I can work out why tho

I did just check if the notes file on my machine is readonly, which would prevent saving it until changed to read/write but it is fine. And I can copy and edit it in wordpad as I'd expect.

If there is anything I have said there that you need clarification on just let me know. If I'm telling you stuff you already know please excuse me.

Cheers

Last edited by VareckRay; Wed Apr 13, 2011 at 10:05 PM..

Old
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 11:45 PM
(#6)
easy peasy
put the files you want to transfer on a flash drive , your cell phone memory card
then plug it into the computer where you play poker
start pokerstars
in the main menu select options then hit player notes
in the next window select import note
then find the device you plugged into your computer find the file and double click it
done

Old
Wed Apr 13, 2011, 11:57 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike8998 View Post
easy peasy
put the files you want to transfer on a flash drive , your cell phone memory card
then plug it into the computer where you play poker
start pokerstars
in the main menu select options then hit player notes
in the next window select import note
then find the device you plugged into your computer find the file and double click it
done
Thanks, varek also, yes used flash drive went into other computer copied notes from file pasted in word pad and saved file, put file on other computer saved as "player notes" opened and copied these, opened PS note file and attempted to past in file but would not take. Just to better explain.

I will try Spikes suggestion and see if works, thx let you know

Old
Thu Apr 14, 2011, 12:04 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Thanks, varek also, yes used flash drive went into other computer copied notes from file pasted in word pad and saved file, put file on other computer saved as "player notes" opened and copied these, opened PS note file and attempted to past in file but would not take. Just to better explain.

I will try Spikes suggestion and see if works, thx let you know

It works because I did it using the memory card in my fone
Save the notes in notepad
Then put them on flash drive/memory card then plug it into the computer you play poker at

Old
Thu Apr 14, 2011, 12:34 AM
(#9)
Worked so easy thought I actaully knew what I was doing, thanks, Spike

Old
Thu Apr 14, 2011, 08:44 AM
(#10)
Quote:
Worked so easy thought I actaully knew what I was doing, thanks, Spike
No problems glad I could help

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com