Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

What to do with 2$

Old
Default
What to do with 2$ - Thu Apr 14, 2011, 07:15 AM
(#1)
babyoats's Avatar
Since: Apr 2011
Posts: 20
BronzeStar
Hi, I recently won 2$ in a freeroll and was wondering what is the best way to start earning more money?
 
Old
Default
Thu Apr 14, 2011, 07:33 AM
(#2)
A_Fuffufnick's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyoats View Post
Hi, I recently won 2$ in a freeroll and was wondering what is the best way to start earning more money?
Stop playing free roles and get a job
 
Old
Default
Thu Apr 14, 2011, 07:37 AM
(#3)
babyoats's Avatar
Since: Apr 2011
Posts: 20
BronzeStar
Ok how about a away to build my bankroll (I.e least amount of risk)
 
Old
Default
Thu Apr 14, 2011, 07:43 AM
(#4)
joker41673's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,850
there will always be risk no matter what you do

you need to decide what is your game
some players are comfortable at a ring table for which you have enough to do
and others like myself prefer tourneys

if i was in your shows i would use the entire $2 on $0.10 360 man SNG's

 
Old
Default
Thu Apr 14, 2011, 08:35 AM
(#5)
JDean's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,145
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
there will always be risk no matter what you do

you need to decide what is your game
some players are comfortable at a ring table for which you have enough to do
and others like myself prefer tourneys

if i was in your shows i would use the entire $2 on $0.10 360 man SNG's

It REALLY depends on YOU, and your circumstances...

If you do not want to deposit, EVER, then I'd suggest you not play ANYTHING until you build up to around $10 to 15$, then go with 25c 45 and 90 man SNG if you prefer tournies.

If you prefer cash games, wait until you have around 15 to 25 BI, and try some low limit, Fixed Limit games. you'll need liek $1 to $1.60 for a typical buy in for those.

get to those amounts by sticking to free rolls.

This is assuming you have no intention of depositing, ever...

If you can deposit, then the $2 isn;t really "significant" to you, thus it does not necessarily "require" any steps to "protect" it.

So long as you feel you have a skill advantage on opponents at a given buy in level, you derive the potential for greater REWARD for a greater risk taken. so putting your entire amount into a single event, breaking it up into 4 or 5 events, or whatever is up to you. Those larger buy in events (or cash games) will give the potential for faster GROWTH...with, of course, greater chances of going bust too...

At any rate, Hyper-turboes = HUGE "luck" element. Even 20 BI for those do not over come the tiny start stacks, or the hugely FAST level increases. I really wouldn;t want to be playing those if I were down to my LAST 10c to be honest.
 
Old
Default
Thu Apr 14, 2011, 10:41 AM
(#6)
toolzzz's Avatar
toolzzz
(toolzz360)
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 50
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Fuffufnick View Post
Stop playing free roles and get a job

you are so helpful
 
Old
Default
Thu Apr 14, 2011, 10:45 PM
(#7)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyoats View Post
Hi, I recently won 2$ in a freeroll and was wondering what is the best way to start earning more money?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post
It REALLY depends on YOU, and your circumstances...

If you do not want to deposit, EVER, then I'd suggest you not play ANYTHING until you build up to around $10 to 15$, then go with 25c 45 and 90 man SNG if you prefer tournies.

If you prefer cash games, wait until you have around 15 to 25 BI, and try some low limit, Fixed Limit games. you'll need liek $1 to $1.60 for a typical buy in for those.

get to those amounts by sticking to free rolls.

This is assuming you have no intention of depositing, ever...

If you can deposit, then the $2 isn;t really "significant" to you, thus it does not necessarily "require" any steps to "protect" it.

So long as you feel you have a skill advantage on opponents at a given buy in level, you derive the potential for greater REWARD for a greater risk taken. so putting your entire amount into a single event, breaking it up into 4 or 5 events, or whatever is up to you. Those larger buy in events (or cash games) will give the potential for faster GROWTH...with, of course, greater chances of going bust too...

At any rate, Hyper-turboes = HUGE "luck" element. Even 20 BI for those do not over come the tiny start stacks, or the hugely FAST level increases. I really wouldn;t want to be playing those if I were down to my LAST 10c to be honest.

JDean is 100% correct as usual here babyoats. If it is your intention to "freeroll" it and not deposit,then until you reach at least $10-15 you shouldn't be looking at playing any of it. Think as that first $2 as a means to an end,not an end in itself. Like I said in another thread,pound the Astronomer Freeolls 2 and 3 at a time. Get enough tickets that you can play the Weekly Round 2's every weekend,BOTH days.

Once you reach $10-15 then start off with the .25 45/90 mans,the .25 $100 added MTT and if you aren't dissuaded by Turbos,then the .10 360's and the .10 $50 added MTT are also solid plays.

Look all of these over in the interim. Familiarize yourself with the structure of these,and see if any of them have the potential of playing to a specific strength that you may have,or just as importantly,away from any weaknesses. If you go into these with an idea,then you'll have a leg up on the majority of the field in most cases.

Remember,when you are first starting to build your roll the main focus should be to protect yourself from going Busto,not trying to go from Point A to Point D or E,and skipping the stops in between. That's not having a plan,it's just gambling. You already have to do enough gambling AFTER you sit down in poker,try not to do too much BEFORE you sit.

Good Luck.
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com