Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Last hand in the PSO tourney

Old
Last hand in the PSO tourney - Fri Apr 15, 2011, 03:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
Here is my last hand in today's PSO tourney started at 3pm, after about 15 min of play.

Should I play it differently considering that it was a PSO tourney and not a regular one?

Old
Fri Apr 15, 2011, 06:03 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
with this being a league game, you want to avoid any chance of losing all your chips. Here's what I'd have done differently. Preflop, I'd have just called the 90 bet, instead of re-raising to 300. Without hitting the flop and having an overpair, you do need to bet something on the flop to try and see where you are... but... you don't want to push unless you are certain you have the best hand. Without seeing all 5 cards on the board, you could easily get called by 2 pair or overcards that can hit too, along with a heart draw or runner/runner for a straight, which is what happened.

Old
Thank you! - Fri Apr 15, 2011, 11:43 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
Thank you!

That was a useful comment.

When I raised to 300 preflop, I tried to make some people to fold - without that, just with calling 90, I would almost definitely lost because Js are not good against so many people. I also thought about raising all in preflop, and in a regular tourney I might do that, but then I thought that everybody who would call 300, would call all-in as well, and decided to make a lower bet just to save some chips if the flop will be high.

Going all-in on the flop, I hoped that both of them will fold because it seemed clear that they had nothing - not even a draw.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com