Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

2 questions re the Glossary and a pre-flop bet

Old
2 questions re the Glossary and a pre-flop bet - Fri Apr 15, 2011, 07:29 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
WhiteStar
What is the quickest way to access the Glossary? I can't find a link for it.

Re: a pre flop bet - Let's say I have been dealt a pair of Aces. I know I should not slow play,I should raise. . . . . correct? What if another player has raised before me? Does that count as my raise and I can just call or must I raise again?
Thanks for your help
Wild Ginger

Old
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 06:27 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2007
Search is your Friend!!!

Top right hand corner, blue box, search. Type in Glossary, scroll down new page and you will find the glossary article.

Normal play is to 3bet his raise, so if he bets 100, you should raise to 300, maybe even 400.

You do however have to take into account a myriad of other factors, like player type, stack sizes, texture and dynamic of the table, whether it is a SNG, ring game or tourney. Oh and this is just assuming you are talking about NLHE.

Have a good look at all the course material, the many articles, the live training videos and hand analysis. Find a style that suits you and then try it out at the play money tables before making any investment yourself.

TC

Oh and welcome BTW

Old
Wed Jun 08, 2011, 10:07 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImWildGinger View Post
What is the quickest way to access the Glossary? I can't find a link for it.

Re: a pre flop bet - Let's say I have been dealt a pair of Aces. I know I should not slow play,I should raise. . . . . correct? What if another player has raised before me? Does that count as my raise and I can just call or must I raise again?
Thanks for your help
Wild Ginger
u should think about what u are trying to do, and what u will do later in the hand. for example, u could re-raise ur opponent (also known as 3-betting), or u could just "flat call." it just depends on the game u are in, what kind of opponent u are playing against, and if u want to win the hand right there or perhaps see a flop and get ur opponent to commit their stack with a worse hand. of course, it's hard for aces to improve post-flop, so u have to be weary of that, but it is also difficult for ur opponent to hit anything as well. like topthecat said, practicing on the play money tables makes u a better player before u start playing seriously for real money.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com