Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

US Poker ban

Old
US Poker ban - Fri Apr 15, 2011, 08:26 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Say Dave, do you have a take on the Feds saying we can't play poker anymore?

--
JoBaloo

Old
Fri Apr 15, 2011, 08:52 PM
(#2)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBaloo View Post
Say Dave, do you have a take on the Feds saying we can't play poker anymore?

--
JoBaloo
The feds didn't say we can't play poker anymore.

Old
Fri Apr 15, 2011, 09:46 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Nobody in the US government will ever tell a US player that you can't play on Pokerstars. NEVER, IMPOSSIBLE. Even right now this very moment, we could play on Pokerstars and there's nothing the US government can do about it. The only reason we can't play at the moment is because Pokerstars themselves decided to lock US players out. This is all about the legality of money being transacted to and from offshore poker sites. They are doing everything they can to stop the flow of money to Pokerstars.

It is like this:

The US government tried to shut down offshore poker sites. They failed as they have no jurisdiciton and have no right to make it illegal. So the US government tries to circumvent the law by stopping money transactions to the offshore sites.

Pokerstars is unfairly and unjustly attacked by the US government, losing a lot of US players in the process. So Pokerstars decides to bend the rules themselves, finding loopholes (and possibly worse, allegedly bribing and lying) to get the money flowing again between the US and Pokerstars.

Pokerstars was bending and allegedly breaking the law as a reaction to the US government bending and circumventing the law. The US HATES that it can't regulate and tax offshore poker sites. It will do anything to stop them, as is so sadly clear now.

p.s. I don't actually know for certain any of this, but I have been following the issue closely for a couple years...

Last edited by RockerguyAA; Fri Apr 15, 2011 at 09:48 PM..

Old
Cool
Poker Lessons? - Fri Apr 15, 2011, 11:51 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Dave,
I really have enjoyed your live sessions (on video). I think they have improved my game from about a 7.5 to maybe an 8.5. Since joining PSO a few months ago, I have taken all the courses and really appreciate PokerStars offering them. How will this current situation effect your live training sessions and the school in general?
I realize you are not a spokesman for PStars. But, let me say that as one of an estimated 10 million American poker players I am appalled and somewhat frightened that a handful of federal attorneys in New York, for whatever reason, have been able to deny the wonderful hobby of poker to those who freely choose to play. We don't shoot craps, bet the lottery, play roulette or gamble. We play poker, a game of skill that has a rich American heritage. It may appear to be a game of luck to some, but to those of us who play poker regularly we know that it is a game of skill on a par with bridge, chess, or backgammon.
I implore PStars to get the best lawyers available, and do whatever it takes to get us Yankees back at the table. You need us as much as we need you. And please, make a note of that number - 10 million - you are not alone in this fight. That is a lot of people who support you.
Saugaus

Old
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 12:43 AM
(#5)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugaus View Post
How will this current situation effect your live training sessions and the school in general?
I don't know the answers to any of this yet. I'm sure as soon as PSO-Staff has some answers about the school in general that will be announced. Ditto on Live Training, whether it's Staff or myself... once we know something substantiative, we'll get it out there.

Dave

Old
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 01:33 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
SO DAVE CAN YOU DO A CLASS

HOW TO WIN AT PLAY MONEY TABLES

GO DUCKS

Old
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 08:52 AM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...83-FBI-seizure

** Closed **

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com