Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

proceed with caution

Old
proceed with caution - Fri Apr 15, 2011, 11:11 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
I often hear these words "proceed with caution" when the following type of situation occurs.

I am on the button. There is one limper. I have AJs hearts. Not a terrible hand though it can be dominated. I try to steal by 3 betting. The 2 blinds fold. The limper calls.
The flop is AJ8 all spades. The limper checks and I bet 50% of the pot. Limper check raises me an equal amount. At this point I could easily be behind. The Limper could have Kx of spades, AK, AQ, AJ A10, any pairs 88 or higher. At this point I can only beat any single pair or two pair . Lets say that I don't beleave he has the flush but may be drawing to it. I want to call his check raise. I know that folding is not a bad option here.
This is where I'm told to proceed with caution. What does that mean? Another spade is definately a scare card for me.
Understand I am not talking about this hand in particular but I've seen hands like this that results in the same situation.
Does anyone have any advise?

Last edited by kings&que639; Sat Apr 16, 2011 at 08:20 PM..

Old
Fri Apr 15, 2011, 11:23 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kings&que639 View Post
I often hear these words "proceed with caution" when the following type of situation occurs.

I am on the button. There is one limper. I have AJs hearts. Not a terrible hand though it can be dominated. I try to steal by 3 betting. The 2 blinds fold. The limper calls.
The flop is AJ8 all spades. The limper checks and I bet 50% of the pot. Limper check raises me an equal amount. At this point I could easily be behind. The Limper could have Ax of spades, AK, AQ, AJ A10, any pairs 88 or higher. At this point I can only beat any single pair or two pair . Lets say that I don't beleave he has the flush but may be drawing to it. I want to call his check raise. I know that folding is not a bad option here.
This is where I'm told to proceed with caution. What does that mean? Another spade is definately a scare card for me.
Understand I am not talking about this hand in particular but I've seen hands like this that results in the same situation.
Does anyone have any advise?
yes, theres only 1 Ace of spades in a deck

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com