Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

SCOOP and for that matter the Sunday Million

Old
SCOOP and for that matter the Sunday Million - Fri Apr 15, 2011, 11:34 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Just wondering if these events will be a loss for pokerstars now that the guaranteed money might never be reached if they don't have the US players signing up. I mean this Sunday's sunday million has a 1.5 million guarantee and now with no us players playing and the fact that you would need at least 6977 people to play just to break even(only 486 people signed up so far) I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel it. What do you guys think will happen?

Old
Fri Apr 15, 2011, 11:51 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Based on what happened regarding overlay during the COOP Series back in November when they lowered the guarantees and extended the late reg from 1 to 2 hours, I would imagine that the guarantees will be reduced drastically in an attempt to mitigate the damage.

It is difficult to contain my disappointment in what is transpiring and can only hope that somewhere along the line this will get resolved in a timely manner which is completely contrary to what our government does.
Perhaps the possibility of the added revenue that would be generated with the onset of regulation will be enough of a carrot for the Jackasses in DC to put one foot in front of the other and get it done.
I know that's a long shot but other than that let's face it, we are basically screwed.

Old
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 12:04 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
I agree but I would think after losing all the money they make from US players, just not the rake but having US players money in tourney pots, which in turn make the pots bigger and get other players to join these tourney's, how can they possibly guarantee these payouts. I am gonna bet that they scrap this Suday's Sunday million and blame it on what has happened. I was looking at the entrants and there are a couple of people from the US who are registered, who probably won a ticket earlier this week and now can't play, and who even knows if they can unregister? the same can be said of all the people who won seats in the SCOOP. Sucks for everyone

Old
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 12:29 AM
(#4)
I agree with you but the sad realistic part is this
1. those people in them are thinking awesome, smaller field I can win this!! Which means more will show outside of US who have money to spend and think well now is the time to enter with smaller field.
2. I have read a lot of our fellow PSOers who live outside of the US laughing at what has happened as we in the US do at other countries who have economic disasters. so in this I guess they think we get what we deserve.
3. The true and loyal US players like the super nova's and super nova elite's who have at least 100 k in their accounts are screwed. A lot of them make their living playing for PokerStars. By no means am I saying us players are not true and loyal , just speaking for the players who make enough vpp's to keep super nova status and elite status every month.

In the end what can we do? We are powerless and have no control.
- Dry

Old
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 12:38 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drywallman3 View Post
I agree with you but the sad realistic part is this
1. those people in them are thinking awesome, smaller field I can win this!! Which means more will show outside of US who have money to spend and think well now is the time to enter with smaller field.
2. I have read a lot of our fellow PSOers who live outside of the US laughing at what has happened as we in the US do at other countries who have economic disasters. so in this I guess they think we get what we deserve.
3. The true and loyal US players like the super nova's and super nova elite's who have at least 100 k in their accounts are screwed. A lot of them make their living playing for PokerStars. By no means am I saying us players are not true and loyal , just speaking for the players who make enough vpp's to keep super nova status and elite status every month.

In the end what can we do? We are powerless and have no control.

- Dry

i'm a kiwi player and haven't witnessed anyone laughing about it...like most players i play because i enjoy the game and personally i will miss the american players. the vibes on the tables now are all weird and european and i'm not enjoying it at all.

Old
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 12:44 AM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
I agree, bindy.
I went on a bit of an emotional tilt.
Maybe because I am American, though married to a Canadian and living here now.
It really sucks.

Old
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 12:54 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drywallman3 View Post
- Dry
That is so lame of you and so ridiculous
I haven't seen anybody laughing at the news
So please, stop bulllshittting

Old
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 01:33 AM
(#8)
Just had a pop up stating that the site has been moved to the .eu address and that it's business as usual for non American customers.

Sorry to lose our friends across the pond, but this has removed a rather large weight from my shoulders. Looks like next months rent will get paid after all.

Read more: Access to PokerStars - Page 2 - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1Jf2lXFv2

Funniest thing in this thread by far.

Thanks. I might have missed it

Read more: FBI seizure - Page 21 - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1Jf38LcBm

If you get the chance, pm me your suggestions sir. This could be one night when my normally strict BRM goes out of the window

Read more: FBI seizure - Page 6 - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1Jf3cxQA8

I did not want to put names out there but tell me if you were not an observer this is not making fun of what happened. I am not trying to start a fight......i never named anyone but you did push it by pointing out one sentence in mine.

Old
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 01:35 AM
(#9)
not going any further with this Sand but I gave you 3 examples.......

Old
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 02:37 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar
[QUOTE=Drywallman3;273363] 2. I have read a lot of our fellow PSOers who live outside of the US laughing at what has happened as we in the US do at other countries who have economic disasters. so in this I guess they think we get what we deserve.
. WTF as we do? Got a mouse in your pocket?

Old
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 02:41 AM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by drywallman3 View Post
just had a pop up stating that the site has been moved to the .eu address and that it's business as usual for non american customers.

Sorry to lose our friends across the pond, but this has removed a rather large weight from my shoulders. Looks like next months rent will get paid after all.

Read more: Access to pokerstars - page 2 - pokerschoolonline forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1jf2lxfv2

funniest thing in this thread by far.

Thanks. I might have missed it

read more: Fbi seizure - page 21 - pokerschoolonline forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1jf38lcbm

if you get the chance, pm me your suggestions sir. This could be one night when my normally strict brm goes out of the window

read more: Fbi seizure - page 6 - pokerschoolonline forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1jf3cxqa8

i did not want to put names out there but tell me if you were not an observer this is not making fun of what happened. I am not trying to start a fight......i never named anyone but you did push it by pointing out one sentence in mine.
the only one of those post that said funny in it was a post that he laughed at a girl that bumped the thread that was getting a post every two min.
And trying to make some extra money is not making fun of anything
there is no one that has made fun of this

Old
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 02:46 AM
(#12)
Guessing Drywall showed his true colors. He laughs at others and so interprets others' comments in the same vein.

Not much different than being a bluff artist in poker. Those that bluff a lot tend too often to think others are bluffing. Human nature.

Old
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 03:43 AM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
What a load of nonsense. Maybe this is a good example of the problem. A government full of drywallmen perhaps. Unable to decipher straightforward comments and tortured by a "they're out to get us" mentality.

Dopey git. With your thought processes it's an enormous shame your money's no longer gonna be on the table.

Old
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 04:16 AM
(#14)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
What a load of nonsense. Maybe this is a good example of the problem. A government full of drywallmen perhaps. Unable to decipher straightforward comments and tortured by a "they're out to get us" mentality.

Dopey git. With your thought processes it's an enormous shame your money's no longer gonna be on the table.
i was wondering when you would see that

he did make himself look stupid

good luck d-man

go ducks

Old
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 08:49 AM
(#15)
(Super-Moderator)
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...83-FBI-seizure

** Closed **

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com