Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

this business is really depressing

Old
Unhappy
this business is really depressing - Sat Apr 16, 2011, 07:13 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
i was never in the pso for the glory, rather i was playing against myself and doing quite well i may add. for those who haven't read my blogs and posts in the forum i use pso as a tool to help me recover from a serious stroke which left me with brain damage and a buggered up right side of my body.

i moved my way up to a ranking of 369 or thereabouts and the feeling of pride i felt in that was enormous. but now i almost don't feel like playing....the easy camaraderie of the tables has all but disappeared, everyone on the tables now talks their own brand of european gobbledegook, (nothing against eurpeans but you could at least try to speak english on an english speaking site...it shows bad manners if nothing else) and the whole feeling has just changed.

i will continue to play this month because that is what i initially set out to do but next month i just don't know. i really really hope it works out for the u.s players.

Old
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 07:24 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
I hear you loud and clear.

Those of us in Canada speak English, except those that speak French.
Actually a whack of us speak les deux.

So I'll be sure to say hello if I see you on the tables!

Old
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 07:32 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckldgator View Post
I hear you loud and clear.

Those of us in Canada speak English, except those that speak French.
Actually a whack of us speak les deux.

So I'll be sure to say hello if I see you on the tables!

tout à fait raison, je ne parle pas français lol

Old
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 07:34 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Well that just goes to show you 2 the omnipotent power of the good old USofA Gummint.

When they put their minds to it they don't just eff it up for some,they eff it up for all.

Just look at it this way,there ain't a US player that wouldn't trade places with you in a heartbeat.

Gonna miss all you guys and gals to.

Good luck.

Old
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 07:46 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I second that mox.... gonna have to come to the Burgh and play at the rivers with me

Old
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 07:47 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
What can l say, this makes me sick, for those that really know me, l played the pso and homes games for the fun of it, but mainly because of the great peeps l have gotten to know here and now call friends.

very very sad day for sure, not really sure what more to say, but this sucks,

please peeps, don't leave yet, maybe this will get fixed somehow, l hope,

cheers

Old
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 08:19 PM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
I'm not going anywhere. I'm confident things are going to work out. I can still rail in the Drunk Tank and post here. PokerStars isn't going to let us down, but they have a lot to sort through right now. I'm leaving my money on the site so that I am ready to go when the US players get the green flag to play again. It will happen---might take a little time, but it will happen.

Old
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 09:48 PM
(#8)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post

Just look at it this way,there ain't a US player that wouldn't trade places with you in a heartbeat.

Good luck.

As an American who is married to a Canadian (and living in Canada) for me it might be a bit of survivor guilt. If the real estate market hadn't gone south in the states a few years back, we would still be living in Florida. So I could very easily have been right in your shoes.

Its just a mess and I hope it gets straightened out.

Old
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 10:23 PM
(#9)
Since: Nov 2007
Funny to hear someone from NZ complain about Europeans where the demography up until the late 20Th century was dominated by Europe.

Maybe, if we spoke some Maori, that would make you happier, why this sudden affiliation with the US?

Where do you think English came from..........the US?????

I am an Irishman and proud of it. I have my quibbles with England and the UK, but without the English, you would be speaking Maori and the people in the US would be speaking Indian, so stop your racist, small minded, bigoted remarks, and just play poker !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if someone is speaking a language other than English that you cannot understand then report it to the chat moderators.

TC

Last edited by topthecat; Sat Apr 16, 2011 at 10:35 PM..

Old
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 11:06 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
Funny to hear someone from NZ complain about Europeans where the demography up until the late 20Th century was dominated by Europe.

Maybe, if we spoke some Maori, that would make you happier, why this sudden affiliation with the US?

Where do you think English came from..........the US?????

I am an Irishman and proud of it. I have my quibbles with England and the UK, but without the English, you would be speaking Maori and the people in the US would be speaking Indian, so stop your racist, small minded, bigoted remarks, and just play poker !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if someone is speaking a language other than English that you cannot understand then report it to the chat moderators.

TC
as my mothers family are english and my husband is also english i feel i've got every right to complain. my brother in law is irish...and a lazy good for nothing he is too. you people??? if you are referring to maori, and yes, i'm part maori too....well we were colonised as is the way of the world and i think most of us have gotten over it.

i have no affiliation to the u.s...i just miss playing them. may i suggest you take your brand of hatred elsewhere?

have a lovely day sir. lmao

Old
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 11:15 PM
(#11)
Since: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bindy67 View Post
as my mothers family are english and my husband is also english i feel i've got every right to complain. my brother in law is irish...and a lazy good for nothing he is too. you people??? if you are referring to maori, and yes, i'm part maori too....well we were colonised as is the way of the world and i think most of us have gotten over it.

i have no affiliation to the u.s...i just miss playing them. may i suggest you take your brand of hatred elsewhere?

have a lovely day sir. lmao
No just stay with your own little brand of bigotry and racism my dear....

It has obviously served you well and you might reflect that karma is a wonderful thing.

Have a great day,

TC

A colonized (if you want to use American English LOL) Irishman and proud of it

Old
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 11:18 PM
(#12)
** Closed ** to prevent further flaming.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com