Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Is the league suspened?

Old
Is the league suspened? - Sat Apr 16, 2011, 09:33 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2007
Hi Peeps,

I would just like to know from the powers that be if the league is suspended?

Also I am still awaiting clearance on my blog about collusion on freeroll tourneys in Germany, and while other Blogs are cleared in 20 minutes apparently, mine is still pending after over 36 hours?

Could some of you answer this please and i will see it tommorow?

Night, night and sweet dreams to all.

TC

i ibviousously canne spiel suspended nee mere, upsy beid fur me

Last edited by topthecat; Sat Apr 16, 2011 at 09:41 PM.. Reason: drunk

Old
Sun Apr 17, 2011, 09:18 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
The league has not been suspended, the only problem is that the players of the USA can't play the league for some days and that the updates go a bit more slow, If the league had been suspended it wouldn't be possible to register to the tourneys...

Old
Thu Apr 21, 2011, 04:14 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2011
imho, it appears that the league *has* been suspended / terminated as the leaderboard has not been updated since last Saturday. It would be nice to get some info from PSO staff on this matter ;-)

Old
Thu Apr 21, 2011, 08:01 PM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2011
PSO please let us know what the status of the League is and anything at all you can say right now.
Would help out everybody me thinks.
I'm kinda close to TOP 200, but people play roulette now on tourneys, even more (yes they found a way)

Old
Thu Apr 21, 2011, 08:29 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
Hey gang....as you know, if we had any more info, we'd let you know.
Please have patience as the pso awaits word. As soon as we have it, we'll let you know.
Please know that the pso admin and staff feel very sorry for all of us, and are eager to resolve this just as quickly as we all are.
Please don't forget how much the pso has done for many of us. Not just the program, but the community too. You all have meant a lot to each others development and that should not be lost on the legal issues that pokerstars is now facing.
I wish you all the best.
Dan

Old
Fri Apr 22, 2011, 07:57 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Hey gang....as you know, if we had any more info, we'd let you know.
Please have patience as the pso awaits word. As soon as we have it, we'll let you know.
Please know that the pso admin and staff feel very sorry for all of us, and are eager to resolve this just as quickly as we all are.
Please don't forget how much the pso has done for many of us. Not just the program, but the community too. You all have meant a lot to each others development and that should not be lost on the legal issues that pokerstars is now facing.
I wish you all the best.
Dan
hi Dan lets be real stars/pso are one in the same.......the only things there sorry for is the lost money from U.S. players.lost jobs.lost investors.lost stock.

Old
Fri Apr 22, 2011, 09:51 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahmani381 View Post
hi Dan lets be real stars/pso are one in the same.......the only things there sorry for is the lost money from U.S. players.lost jobs.lost investors.lost stock.
They are not one in the same...trust me.

Old
Fri Apr 22, 2011, 10:36 AM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2011
Question Dan....

Why no Weekly Round Up from Eric?

Old
Fri Apr 22, 2011, 10:57 AM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I am pretty sure someone here knows whats up. I am also sure that they don't want to share that information. As a US player, I don't care as I am already affected. For those actually still playing in the PSO games. They are trying to figure out where funding will come from. How can they provide $17,500 a month when losing half the players? Simply can't happen. I hope it works out better for those that aren't US players. However, they will suffer in all of this as well.

GL to ya!
JT

Old
Fri Apr 22, 2011, 11:38 AM
(#10)
Easy...I don't know why the weekly roundup hasn't been done...have to ask Eric on that one.

JT...none of us know anything more.
Here's my take..and this is just me...but seeing as how ps is planning to cash out the US players in several weeks (according to them), it doesn't look like we'll be playing anytime in the near future.
Now with the pso, we just don't know. Since the pso deposits real money into our accounts, the US players will be ineligible to play until this matter is cleared up. But...i just can't speak on behalf of the pso. I presume we will all hear something as soon as the pso hears something.
I don't think the pso is going anywhere personally...they just have to get a lot of data straightened out.
I just want to thank you all again for all the help you've provided myself and others.
Dan

Old
Fri Apr 22, 2011, 12:05 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Dan, I feel you are a great voice within this community and always have been. However, this morning two of my posts were deleted by either fadmin or PSO-Staff. I sent them a PM asking why. No response returned. I promise you, someone knows something. They may NOT be able to let it out just yet. However, I am a believer in the fact that you are NOT part of this "group" that just isn't giving this community what it needs. However, you are a recognized part of this community and should feel "left in the dark".

JT

Old
Fri Apr 22, 2011, 12:48 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
I cannot see pso being giving up the league. Even if the USA cannot play PStars still has approx 160k peeps playing and apart from the videos at F Tilt, this is the place to be to learn and practice poker.

My BR is getting regular injections of 6 cents a time now too

MB

Old
Fri Apr 22, 2011, 01:00 PM
(#13)
Thanks JT...for everything you've helped me with, and the kind words.
As for the posts being deleted...pm the mods. It wasn't the staff or admin. Pretty sure of that.

Mods...can I ask a favor? Please give some info to a member whose post has been deleted. It might even help to stop you from having to delete so many. Thanks guys.

Old
Fri Apr 22, 2011, 01:29 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Thanks JT...for everything you've helped me with, and the kind words.
As for the posts being deleted...pm the mods. It wasn't the staff or admin. Pretty sure of that.

Mods...can I ask a favor? Please give some info to a member whose post has been deleted. It might even help to stop you from having to delete so many. Thanks guys.
I have received a response from a mod and believe me. They were deleted.........fadmin and PSO-Staff were the only ones online (that I could view) and both were in admin control panel. It doesn't matter. I can keep the info posted to myself as well as they can. Just would like to know why they were deleted and maybe a warning or ban or something.............silence is deadly!

JT

Old
Fri Apr 22, 2011, 06:12 PM
(#15)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
Let's see if we are lucky and update soon, I need the update to see the distances and be sure that nobody is near of me in the leaderboard

I think in this moment i'm the leader of the league with a advantage of around 40 points to cpm_04_79, I have around 1910 pts. SpaceHiker probably is near to cpm, but there is a possibility that someone have done good tourneys and be to a distance lower to the 40 pts

now I think the better for me is not play more tourneys and see what they do

Old
Sat Apr 23, 2011, 08:56 AM
(#16)
Since: Nov 2007
I have calculated that I am over 2500 points in the lead. If the leaderboard does not update to show that I have an unassailable lead, then I will be of the opinion that the technical issues have not been resolved properly and I will demand a recount

Old
Sun Apr 24, 2011, 10:55 PM
(#17)
BronzeStar
*lol*

whoops did that slip out? i just plain forget how i've done...
i was hoping to make it into the money since at last check...i was like 100 points out..
i should be in now, presuming they just don't shut it all down and say sorry - beyond our control

Old
If circumstances were different. - Mon Apr 25, 2011, 04:56 AM
(#18)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Hi everyone, what I'm offering isn't a joke, it isn't a post slamming PS or PSO. This post is to offer a reality check.

An atom bomb goes off today, you wait for a few days to make sure the dust and everything is settled, and you come out of our bomb shelter.

You take a look around, to see if anyone else has made it through. You see the Murphy's and the Thompsons, but nobody else.

Your search goes on for 9 days, without finding another living person.

Now ask yourself, do you go on with your life, or do you keep searching?

and if you keep searching, how long do you search for, a month? , a year?, more?

Last edited by Stakehorse75; Mon Apr 25, 2011 at 05:00 AM.. Reason: typonese

Old
Mon Apr 25, 2011, 06:52 AM
(#19)
Since: Jun 2010
I was playing PSO on Saturday and there was at least one other player who was 100% sure the PSO is shutting down (not Wee Waise!), and they said they even had a link to proof that it was but they didn't have it on them at the moment (lol).

So the silence from PSO is causing players to start rumors that it's shutting down.

Old
Mon Apr 25, 2011, 08:27 AM
(#20)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
I really can't understand why they're behaving in the manner that they are. I don't think anybodies demanding an instant (not that it's remotely possible any more) resolution to the problem. But all (most?) of this negativity could be allayed if they simply told us what went wrong, how they're hoping to fix it and whether continuing to play this month is a worthwhile exercise. Surely that isn't the most difficult of things to do.

If the worst comes to pass and there is no PSO May, I hope none of the staff are considering future employment in a public relations role.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com