Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

To all us players..a moment of your time for potential greater good

Old
To all us players..a moment of your time for potential greater good - Sun Apr 17, 2011, 12:43 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...akers-1020895/

HOPE THIS LINK WORKS..AS IM NOT A FORUM BUFF MYSELF.. the idea behind this link is to allow eash and every US non/player contact obama, the senate, and there congressman with pre-written letters advocating the push for legalized online gaming leglislation.. TY to all that participate have a profitable day on the play chip tabels americans

Old
Sun Apr 17, 2011, 02:08 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
The link works fine and I urge all Americans to use it to voice their opinion.

Old
Sun Apr 17, 2011, 02:54 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
TY joy..and yes..its not spam, nor a virus. A serious link for any who would like to help get this legalized and regulated in a way soo that we may get back on and play..

Old
ty - Sun Apr 17, 2011, 03:10 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
TY this is the most usefull piece of information I've seen.

Snicerely Sharon Cronin

Old
Sun Apr 17, 2011, 03:48 PM
(#5)
All American players should stand up and tell their Congress how they feel about this situation
so it can be rectified.
Believe it or not you do have the power to control your goverments but it requires all of you to stand up and say something.
Good luck and I hope to see all of you back at the tables real soon.

Old
Get on with Life!!!!! Its Over People...!!!!!!!!!! - Sun Apr 17, 2011, 04:02 PM
(#6)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
Well it seems that everybody has an opinion on this forum about the continuing situation at hand and this is mine. Everybody on this site is always trying to best someone else with information upon information and trying to be smart. Wake up people. This is the same government that continues to tax you year after year illegally and you and i pay, year after year. Taxes were first started to fund wars and wars only, not policing a country. War time only!!! But after years of taxing the people, guess what? They got bigger and bigger and bigger and hey, they formed the IRS to regulate it all and now they do what the hell they want. Its called Taxation without representation. The forum is just going to be a new chat room where everybody can talk about old news and bitch and whine about stuff they have no control over. Frankly i find it quite entertaining but my whole world isn't going to change because pokerstars real money tables were shut down, I have bigger problems in my life without anymore. I was a newby here as of march 22 2011 and i hate to say it but, i'm not going to miss it because something new will come along, there is always something new. If your from the USA like me, just count your losses and get up from your computer and look outside, "Did you realize that there is a world outside still" not filled with cyber whiners, there are real people outside that door, trust me. I guarantee it. The internet forums and chat rooms have made alot of brave bullys and whiners and alot of people that i would never want to meet, just because they spend so much time on the computer, that they have forgotten how to talk to there fellow man with respect and honor. So, in conclusion, from all the post i've been reading, it seems alot of people knew this was illegal and put money on here anyways hoping that it wouldn't be a disaster like the other poker games, but history repeats itself my friends and if you played and lost, then its on you. So in reality, you only have yourself to blame. Not pokerstars, not the FBI, nope, just yourself. Yes i sound like a cold hearted A-hole, but in reality, i'm a realist. "If something sounds to good to be true, it probably is". Its sad but life truley is as once quoted by Tom Hanks:"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get" Well now you do know. Count your losses and find something else to do. Bye everybody, its been fun. Wish you all the best of luck, but I personally wouldn't hold my breath, because if this is resolved, you will probably be drawing your social security when it is, because the governments wheels turn very slow. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

Read more: A Note from the Writer - Page 4 - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1JoQLb6BP

Old
Sun Apr 17, 2011, 04:16 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
mccauley.....usa players can still play online poker....and no its not illegal.

theres the merge network of poker sites still open to us players....cake network....and others.

im just upset because i preferred to play here at pokerstars and consider them the best..and came accross many nice people.

also the fact that your telling people to get up and go outside is a very dim statement, not every online poker player is some cyber addicted person who never goes outside, dude this is my hobby, something i like to do on sunday afternoon when theres not much else fun happening.or to relax after a hard days work. i do lots of stuff outside and trust me there are just as many morons outthere then in "here"

Last edited by ericlee1984; Sun Apr 17, 2011 at 04:24 PM..

Old
Sun Apr 17, 2011, 04:16 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirshot View Post
All American players should stand up and tell their Congress how they feel about this situation
so it can be rectified.
Believe it or not you do have the power to control your goverments but it requires all of you to stand up and say something.
Good luck and I hope to see all of you back at the tables real soon.
These letters are not about having this situation rectified. They are about US online poker being legalized not saving the 3 big dogs of online poker and I'm all for getting some regulated online US poker rooms.

Last edited by rhiggins25; Sun Apr 17, 2011 at 04:19 PM..

Old
Thumbs up
Sun Apr 17, 2011, 04:42 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
i like how i start my 1st ever thread..and people come in with a bunch of riff raff.. All i know is i found a link this AM, given to me by my bro, a PS supernova, which could help us out.. If u wanna give up and sit back and wait for something else..good for u.. Im not a big PSO fan, but i love this site..and have had alot of fun on it. Im not super worried about weather stars itself stays in business, as i am just being able to play online. just know, that this thread was started just to give people an opportunity to feel involved by doing something productive..instead of posting complaints about how we have no more freedom, and the government sucks, and we should just give up..thats the last thing im gonna do is just give up and let them win. Ill always voice my F'n opinion

Old
Arrow
Sun Apr 17, 2011, 04:49 PM
(#10)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
keep it up it looks like some of the flamers are posting for the first time.....wish they were around earlier, instead of starting crap now in valid posts

Old
Sun Apr 17, 2011, 04:56 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
just tired of the helpful threads getting all this BS from some people.. Running amuck thru the forum looking for a way to put people down, tear apart potential faith, and just outright complain.. They should go to a meeting or buy a Martha Stewart catalog..sit by the fire and read there good housekeeping mags. I, myself..have posted what i wanted too..and whatever happens in this site from hereon, happens..I no longer need to worry myself about all this shit..I will continue to pursue ways of just and lawful pokering in the US..and if PSO goes. then so be it..If stars never comes back online..then so be it.. Had a decent time with alot of people in this site..and that gets too easily clouded by the negative nancys that fell in the sand and cant help but find a post to take there anger out on cuz they have sand in there vagina..some bull..get the **** outta my thread u whiners..

Old
Sun Apr 17, 2011, 04:58 PM
(#12)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
keep it up it looks like some of the flamers are posting for the first time.....wish they were around earlier, instead of starting crap now in valid posts

And have you noticed how the guy who's telling us to find something better to do seems to have nothing to do but paste the same post into numerous threads.

Jeez. I wish my life was as interesting as his

Old
Sun Apr 17, 2011, 05:08 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
And have you noticed how the guy who's telling us to find something better to do seems to have nothing to do but paste the same post into numerous threads.

Jeez. I wish my life was as interesting as his
yep my thoughts too...lol

Old
Sun Apr 17, 2011, 05:11 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Well I sent the letters. Told all my friends and family and told them to tell everybody they know. Ya'll do the same and regulatoin may get here faster.

Old
Sun Apr 17, 2011, 05:41 PM
(#15)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
I may be missing the point here but why do we need to write letters asking congress to legalize something that isn't illegal to begin with?

Old
Sun Apr 17, 2011, 06:32 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
sorry..then maybe legalize isnt the right word..is the point still not put across?? we lost something we all love to do...i was only putting my opinion out there on options to allow us to play again.. obviously, any better ideas would b open for discussion

Old
SENT - Sun Apr 17, 2011, 06:40 PM
(#17)
I've contacted my representitves. Both Federal and State and I urge every American poker player to do the same. Whether anyone from the US gets to play at Pokerstars again is a mystery. Too many things have to play out and it's still the weekend.

A Bill was introduced in the Senate on 17 March 2011, H.R. 1174. It can be found here:

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-1...12hr1174ih.pdf

I suggest you read the Bill in its entirety. If nothing else you'll have a sense of where we are legislation wise.

What the **@! is writing my Congressman going to do? Well, it'll do a great deal more than posting here, pestering the staff or overloading Pokerstars with e-mail traffic.

Meanwhile, wherever you play, play well. If you can't play...Super/System 2 is pretty thick, you have some time to study...

Old
Novel Idea - Sun Apr 17, 2011, 06:51 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
I have a novel idea, why don't some of these cheap, sweet, innocent people on this site spend the whole $20.00 bucks to join the PPA (Poker Players Association)? There are still some people that won't make a real money deposit and get the 20 vpp to win the larger amounts of cash. If 20 bucks is really that big of a deal you should not be wasting the electricity to play in a poker league.

The more people that join the PPA the more clout they have and can get things done. Why do you think the NRA is so powerful? Because alot, and I mean alot, of people joined and that gives them leverage, something we lack because too many people are too cheap to join an organization that will help them out in the long run. If you want the laws changed then get off your a$$ and join the PPA.

Last edited by DougThomas; Sun Apr 17, 2011 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: clarification

Old
rigth on nice thread bro!! - Sun Apr 17, 2011, 06:55 PM
(#19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BttredMdgt View Post
i like how i start my 1st ever thread..and people come in with a bunch of riff raff.. All i know is i found a link this AM, given to me by my bro, a PS supernova, which could help us out.. If u wanna give up and sit back and wait for something else..good for u.. Im not a big PSO fan, but i love this site..and have had alot of fun on it. Im not super worried about weather stars itself stays in business, as i am just being able to play online. just know, that this thread was started just to give people an opportunity to feel involved by doing something productive..instead of posting complaints about how we have no more freedom, and the government sucks, and we should just give up..thats the last thing im gonna do is just give up and let them win. Ill always voice my F'n opinion

Good thread bro, this has been asked by many of the pros for us to do for a very long time, Since they went to DC to get the laws changed sometime last year.. I hope many will contact thier Reps from all the states. GL with the this bro.

Julius

Old
Sun Apr 17, 2011, 11:34 PM
(#20)
Since: Apr 2011
BronzeStar
Patience is the word of the day....and will be the word for a long time to come. Perstering the Pokerstar support team or the staff at the PSO accomplishes nothing.....they are not the people who are making the decisions and much like us, they are waiting for the corporate powers-to-be to make a statement.

The governmental authorities need to hear our voices - and it won't be a useless task if we all do it. So as we wait it out...read, watch a ball game or spend time with the family! It's all good and we will be back to playing online poker before we know it!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com