Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

curious, how do you........

Old
curious, how do you........ - Sun Apr 17, 2011, 02:23 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
win a race, i seem to be getting stuck in a rut of not being able to win them, i get my money in against Ax with pocket pair and always lose to an ace or flush, i get my money in with Ax against a pocket pair and always lose to the pair or a set. i know nothing is ever guaranteed in poker but man surely you have to be able to win some races.

Old
Sun Apr 17, 2011, 06:18 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bashy27 View Post
win a race, i seem to be getting stuck in a rut of not being able to win them, i get my money in against Ax with pocket pair and always lose to an ace or flush, i get my money in with Ax against a pocket pair and always lose to the pair or a set. i know nothing is ever guaranteed in poker but man surely you have to be able to win some races.

lol, it seems like that doesn't it....but are you remembering the times you won a hand with pocket pairs? and remember, pocket prs can only be improved by two cards generally....

don't quote me on that though....i'm still learning.

Old
Sun Apr 17, 2011, 11:11 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bashy27 View Post
If you ever figure that one out... make sure I'm copied on how to do it!

Old
One basic rule... - Sun Apr 17, 2011, 11:27 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2011
At the end of the day, this is still a game of chance... I don't care what anyone says... Texas Holdem in the end becomes a game based on luck and odds... Now, the skill comes in playing hands that will at least improve your odds of winning... but, this is still a game where pocket aces can be trampled by a 7 - 2... Pocket Jacks trip out against pocket kings... 10 - J flops a straight... 8 - 5 suited becomes a flush... etc etc...

Also, I am very sure you have been on the winning side having pocket Jacks or better, against pocket 8's or lower...

Poker can be cruel... the key is to never lose more than you can afford on any given hand... that is the true key to this game!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com