Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

ouch

Old
Angry
ouch - Sun Apr 17, 2011, 07:40 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
just got knocked out of a pso tourney early....raised with a,k suited and got forced all in with a, j o/s.....and he hit the j. well, i suppose he didn't hold a gun to my head. it's ages since i've made an early exit from a pso game and i'd forgotten how much it smarts. if only! what if!why oh why.

Old
Sun Apr 17, 2011, 09:29 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2007
If it is any consolation you made the correct play.

I would just say that early in a tourney, even PSO, it is always advisable to keep your powder dry, because you are likely to be put all in by something inferior, but as luck would have it they just catch.

Later on you will have reads on the play of all your opponents and you can make a more +EV decision. That is not to say it will always be right, but the chances of it being right increase the further you go.

TC

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com