Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

ESPN removing NAPT from TV

Old
ESPN removing NAPT from TV - Tue Apr 19, 2011, 01:55 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Tonight while scrolling through the TV listings I saw the NAPT was supposed to be on ESPN2.

Yeah. Nope. That didn't happen. It seems ESPN acts very quickly when it comes to removing programming they deem objectionable. Poker, for instance.

What did they replace it with? Whoring out high school students in some skills challenge...

Consenting adults playing poker: NOT OK. Making money off of children: LET'S DO THIS!

Does ESPN still air MLB games after it has been proven in courts that many of the stars of the game were cheating by using illegal performance enhancing drugs? Yes, yes they do.

On top of that, it's just a moronic thing to do from a programming/ratings standpoint... The US people can't play poker... I'm pretty sure we'll all be flocking to the TV to watch it. Effin' idiots.

In closing, ESPN and go do something that should be anatomically impossible. Disney and ABC can join them since they're all the same company. That's right, I'm telling Mickey Mouse to go stuff his ears right up his azz. Amongst other things.

edit: It's also funny that @espn paid to become a "Promoted" tweeter the same day they threw poker under a bus. Azzholes.

Old
ESPN - Tue Apr 19, 2011, 02:56 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Pretty sure,it's just about the legal/liability issues,here.....ESPN certainly isn't going to risk much of the networks assets for online poker sites,and related events,when the feds have it shut down....They'll be back just as soon as they legally believe they can....I'd bet on that for sure...Poker Pays.....Most of the rest..I agree....Quiver

Old
Tue Apr 19, 2011, 03:53 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
You want to see something really shameless and borderline criminal on the "Family of Networks" then hit ESPN Classic at Midnight for AWA Classic Wrestling.

OMFG this chit was just the worst ever. I mean Greg Gagne main-evented on this garbage for like FIVE years.

Old
Tue Apr 19, 2011, 03:56 AM
(#4)
And don't even get me started on Dickie V verbally fellating Coach K like 10 times a year..............

Old
Tue Apr 19, 2011, 03:57 AM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
It all comes down to the money. Without Fulltilt and Pokerstars buying ads there is very little revenue stream to support the programs.

Old
Tue Apr 19, 2011, 04:23 AM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2010
I want televised poker.

Quote:
World Series of Poker spokespersons have indicated that the 2011 WSOP will still air on ESPN, and that the 2010-2011 WSOP Circuit will continue to be aired on Versus.

Last edited by PanickyPoker; Tue Apr 19, 2011 at 04:53 AM..

Old
Tue Apr 19, 2011, 02:02 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
I had read ESPN pulled the plug on all televised poker. Even if they didn't would be interesting to see all the poker players in plain clothing and not all patched up with Full Tilt and Pokerstars gear.

Old
Tue Apr 19, 2011, 02:55 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
i'd pay good money to watch Micky mouse do what the OP suggests...

I'm jus' sayin'!

Old
Tue Apr 19, 2011, 02:57 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drywallman3 View Post
I had read ESPN pulled the plug on all televised poker. Even if they didn't would be interesting to see all the poker players in plain clothing and not all patched up with Full Tilt and Pokerstars gear.

very interesting subject, will all these pros who have these patches on from the usa will not be sponsored anymore thru pokerstars and fulltilt, say an amatuer from the us wins the big tourney, who will get sponsorship for that person..wpt or carbon..this WSPO event will be one of the most watch you ask me and not all will be watching to see who win but to see how pokerstars and full tilt will be involved..

Old
Tue Apr 19, 2011, 02:57 PM
(#10)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
good

Old
Tue Apr 19, 2011, 03:16 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
And don't even get me started on Dickie V verbally fellating Coach K like 10 times a year..............
10 times in low-balling that a bit...

During one of the Final Four games someone in the crowd had a sign that said "Where's Duke?"

My answer: Who cares. Eff 'em.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com