Canadian ISP Toll Free Access Number Needed

Old
Lightbulb
Canadian ISP Toll Free Access Number Needed - Tue Apr 19, 2011, 05:05 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
WhiteStar
phone:

Last edited by nrogm; Wed Aug 03, 2011 at 06:36 PM..

Old
Tue Apr 19, 2011, 07:20 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
They go by where you are registered in... not where computer says you are

Old
Tue Apr 19, 2011, 07:26 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
thats why they changed our location to show 'country' only. so they could track us easier.

Old
Tue Apr 19, 2011, 07:31 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrogm View Post
So....
If I connect through an ISP in Canada via one of their toll free numbers could I at least play the PSO skill league???

them dam withdrawl symptons got u thinking all kinds of ideas, whatever you thinking its not going to work..but keep trying, they say albert einstein was a mad genious..maybe you can figure out how to use a magical wireless router that will send a false ip address to the fbi server which cause them to think you are located in canada instead of the usa, once you figure out how to do that, give me a call.....

Old
Tue Apr 19, 2011, 07:33 PM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
They go by where you are registered in... not where computer says you are
Not True. Go to Control Panel/Regional Settings/ Change your language and region to Chinese/ and China. Then Download the IME for Chinese Charaters. Then send an email off in Chinese to support telling them u are now located in the nearest Chinese Consolate to ya. You are now on Chinese Soil and can now play PS legally.

PS, this can be done for any other sovreign nation's consolate. GL to yall. and LMK if it works. -Cookies

Old
Tue Apr 19, 2011, 07:48 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
not 100% sure on this, but l heard this,

they can do a trace route on your i.p. address, sure you can set up like your in another county, but once you want to cash out or win a major prize, thats when they will do the trace on your i.p.

a trace route is something like a cell tower trace, they can follow your i.p. from a nod or cmt to country then city, then the nearest nod in your area, but not directly to your home. which would be enough to get you caught.

hiccup

Old
CO - Tue Apr 19, 2011, 08:19 PM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2011
WhiteStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrogm View Post
So....
If I connect through an ISP in Canada via one of their toll free numbers could I at least play the PSO skill league???
Well Hell. This reminds me of the Vientam War. Guess I'll just have to move to Canada for a few years. Does that make me a conscientious objector (CO)? I don't thin poker is considered as part of the military (at least not yet anyway).

Old
Tue Apr 19, 2011, 09:04 PM
(#8)
Since: Sep 2010
I think it absolutely makes you a conscientious objector, if you're doing it because you think your governement's actions violate your personal values. Doesn't necessarily have to have anything to do with war. Although, if you're doing it because poker is a source of income, then that might just mean that you're more opportunistic or selfish than you are patriotic (which isn't as bad as it sounds, imo).

If you just like poker, and you like America, it might just be easier to become a PPA member and harrass your local officials about how pissed you are about this. If you need poker to support your family or something like that, then it's a whole other issue.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com