Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Withdrawals for US players agreed with DOJ

Old
Withdrawals for US players agreed with DOJ - Wed Apr 20, 2011, 12:54 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2007
Just read the message when i started up the client.

Some good news for US players!!!

TC

Edit:

I cannot copy and paste but the process of returning funds will now begin

Old
Wed Apr 20, 2011, 05:17 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
The agreement seems to shut down freerolls.
Quote:
Under the deal, PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker agreed that "they would not allow for, facilitate, or provide the ability for players located in the United States to engage in playing online poker for 'real money' or any other thing of value."

Old
Wed Apr 20, 2011, 05:22 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
I wonder if T$ dollars will be lost or can we sell them or will the be reimbursed, probably at a discount.

Old
Wed Apr 20, 2011, 05:22 PM
(#4)
I have to say though that the fact the DOJ has recognized the legitimacy of Pokerstars outside the US could actually make their return to the US market very probable in the near future.

I believe that that is positive for everyone here since Pokerstars is by far the best site in my opinion.

TC

Old
Wed Apr 20, 2011, 05:27 PM
(#5)
Well Joe I heard someone mention trading tournament dollars before so i do not know if that option is still open.

I think though that US accounts are frozen since last Friday and no other transacations other than withdrawal are possible. Maybe someone from Pokerstars could confirm the situation with regard to this and other questions.

I am just happy people with sizeable amounts of money on their accounts will be reimbursed. It would also be interesting to know the status with FPPs.

TC

Old
Wed Apr 20, 2011, 05:28 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
I wonder if T$ dollars will be lost or can we sell them or will the be reimbursed, probably at a discount.
I wonder the same thing. Also, will we be able to do anything with our FPPs.

Old
Wed Apr 20, 2011, 05:34 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesse52 View Post
I wonder the same thing. Also, will we be able to do anything with our FPPs.
great minds think alike

Old
Wed Apr 20, 2011, 05:37 PM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
the question i have is...should i totally empty my BR or save some to play with in case stuff gets straightened out?

Old
Wed Apr 20, 2011, 05:42 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
Well i assume they going to buy back the T$ as the sites that are PS Approved for buying T$ were @ 97% prior to "Cold Deck Friday"

I more concerned about the Step tickets I have 5 step 4s ($215.) and 4 Step 3s ($82.) as FTP is buying back all there step tickets at face value so I hope PS follows suit here

as for FPPs I have 10k+ and would be happy if i could just use then to cash out 2,500 for the $25 but at this point i willing to write off my fpps if i can get the cash from my Step tickets

Old
Wed Apr 20, 2011, 05:54 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_Wicker View Post
the question i have is...should i totally empty my BR or save some to play with in case stuff gets straightened out?
Well I am not from the US Brad so i do not know how long it takes to get from indictment to the courts.

As Pokerstars have said all the accounts are segregated and they will honour the withdrawals. There are also a lot of political moves going on in the background.

Additionally, I have no doubt that if Pokerstars get legitimate access to the US markets they will offer huge incentives for US players to come on board again, reload bonuses etc, etc. My gut feeling would be to take most of the money from the account but still keep it open. Those looking for real value will probably close their accounts and re-register in the future.

I think it would be a show of solidarity with PS though to keep the accounts open, even if it is only a few cents.

TC

In fact it would be a great news item for PS to legitimise their case

Good night folks. I need an early one tonight.

Old
Wed Apr 20, 2011, 06:41 PM
(#11)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
Just read the message when i started up the client.

Some good news for US players!!!

TC

Edit:

I cannot copy and paste but the process of returning funds will now begin
I posted this in another topic, 6 hours ago.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...061#post275061

Last edited by Stakehorse75; Wed Apr 20, 2011 at 06:51 PM.. Reason: link.

Old
Well we still have to wait - Wed Apr 20, 2011, 06:43 PM
(#12)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Update from PS in email. All pending cashouts returned, and waiting for them to figure out the best way to cash everyone out. Well GL all. -Cookies

@trumping Joe. Any word on if I can post my "other site" Progress only on this forum?

@TOO2COO, What playing options are you taking? Would like your input as I know you have other forums and site exp also. LMK via pm if it is not appropriate here.

Old
Wed Apr 20, 2011, 06:48 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOO2COO View Post
Well i assume they going to buy back the T$ as the sites that are PS Approved for buying T$ were @ 97% prior to "Cold Deck Friday"

I more concerned about the Step tickets I have 5 step 4s ($215.) and 4 Step 3s ($82.) as FTP is buying back all there step tickets at face value so I hope PS follows suit here

as for FPPs I have 10k+ and would be happy if i could just use then to cash out 2,500 for the $25 but at this point i willing to write off my fpps if i can get the cash from my Step tickets

I have the same issue with the step tickets as well and have emailed support about it but have not recieved a reply..........................THIS SUX BIGTIME.

Old
Wed Apr 20, 2011, 07:01 PM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
Some info From Poker Stars for ya

Can I transfer my funds to another player?
US residents will not be able to send or receive transfers.

What will happen to my tournament tickets and T$?
All pending tournament tickets and T$ balances will be converted to an appropriate cash value and added to your existing balance. This process may take some time to complete, but we plan to complete all conversions over the next few days. We appreciate your patience.

What will happen to my FPPs?
PokerStars is currently reviewing options for redemption of FPPs by US residents. More information will be available in the coming days and weeks.

Old
Wed Apr 20, 2011, 07:15 PM
(#15)
(Super-Moderator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkatack89 View Post
Update from PS in email. All pending cashouts returned, and waiting for them to figure out the best way to cash everyone out. Well GL all. -Cookies

@trumping Joe. Any word on if I can post my "other site" Progress only on this forum?

@TOO2COO, What playing options are you taking? Would like your input as I know you have other forums and site exp also. LMK via pm if it is not appropriate here.

I can not speak for Joe but other sites on a forum Involved with PS would be frowned on, I think ya get the point lol

as for myself as a player i never have all my eggs in 1 basket so to say and still can play daily if i like, I not going to talk about those places in the forum for the reason i stated above, as of rite now i just kinda of sitting back and seeing how things on fold as this not something that going to be fixed in a short time, and so i just kinda of wait and take it all in and go from there

the bottom line is for anyone who really wants to play poker online you will find a place that lets ya but the games I assume going to be harder as most the fish not going to look that hard only the grinders will seek out that hard to play

I can speculate as much as the next guy on what i think will and will not happen but at this point the best move is to just relax, keep studying the game and see what happens, as no matter how much we complain and whine it will not change the spot we in at this moment

Old
Wed Apr 20, 2011, 07:25 PM
(#16)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
I can not speak for Joe but other sites on a forum Involved with PS would be frowned on, I think ya get the point lol

as for myself as a player i never have all my eggs in 1 basket so to say and still can play daily if i like, I not going to talk about those places in the forum for the reason i stated above, as of rite now i just kinda of sitting back and seeing how things on fold as this not something that going to be fixed in a short time, and so i just kinda of wait and take it all in and go from there

the bottom line is for anyone who really wants to play poker online you will find a place that lets ya but the games I assume going to be harder as most the fish not going to look that hard only the grinders will seek out that hard to play

I can speculate as much as the next guy on what i think will and will not happen but at this point the best move is to just relax, keep studying the game and see what happens, as no matter how much we complain and whine it will not change the spot we in at this moment

Thanks for the reply. Will adhere to your advise. But, will leave this out there. Anyone intrested in how I'm doing or, want info on how to still play if in the USA, PM me. This will be the last comment I make regarding "other sites".

I'm in complete agreement w/ ya TOO. No way any amount of complaining is going to change much. IMO, the actual numbers of Real Poker Player vs. the number of Voting Americans who care about our plight is too great a # to overcome. I've resigned to just make due the best that I can. Just trying to save some of the PSO community I have come to know and "love". Best Wishes, and LMK if I can be a help to anyone. -Shark/Cookies

Old
Wed Apr 20, 2011, 09:13 PM
(#17)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stakehorse75 View Post
I posted this in another topic, 6 hours ago.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...061#post275061
Hey Stakehorse, congratulations on the breaking news for us in that other post. Great job!

As I clicked the link in your post of 6:41 p.m. Eastern, I noticed that your post was at 1:13 p.m. Eastern, so it was actually only 5 hours and 28 minutes earlier.

Of course topthecat started this thread 19 minutes before that at 12:54 Eastern.

A few minutes later at 1:07 Eastern (six minutes before your post) REDMARION created a thread announcing the news.

Neither of them got there before Tariq06, however, since his thread was created at 12:26 Eastern.

TrumpinJoe posted the news in the “FBI” thread at 11:31 Eastern.

I’ll quit looking for others now, so it looks like you are in the top five. Keep up the good work.

Old
Wed Apr 20, 2011, 09:37 PM
(#18)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar

Old
Wed Apr 20, 2011, 09:42 PM
(#19)
Quote:
Some info From Poker Stars for ya

Can I transfer my funds to another player?
US residents will not be able to send or receive transfers.

What will happen to my tournament tickets and T$?
All pending tournament tickets and T$ balances will be converted to an appropriate cash value and added to your existing balance. This process may take some time to complete, but we plan to complete all conversions over the next few days. We appreciate your patience.

What will happen to my FPPs?
PokerStars is currently reviewing options for redemption of FPPs by US residents. More information will be available in the coming days and weeks.
Thanks Brian.

Old
Good News: I finally got my money from PS - Wed Apr 20, 2011, 09:49 PM
(#20)
Since: Apr 2011
Good News: I finally got my money from PS
Hello Fellow members,

I requested a cashout from PS on Saturday April 16th and I received my money into my Moneybookers account today Wednesday April 20th.

I am very excited that I received my funds from PS

I will sleep good tonight knowing I got my money in my Moneybookers account.

Greetings

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com