Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Turbo Takedown Change!!!

Old
Turbo Takedown Change!!! - Wed Apr 20, 2011, 04:31 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Hey was just wondering if they are actually allowed to do that???

Since the abcence of US players now they have reposted that the Turbo Takedown is a $750,000 gtd now instead of the usual $1,000,000...
Can they change the gtd especially after it has been posted and listed to register all month long??

What do you guys think?

Drew300

Old
Wed Apr 20, 2011, 04:38 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew300 View Post
Hey was just wondering if they are actually allowed to do that???

Since the abcence of US players now they have reposted that the Turbo Takedown is a $750,000 gtd now instead of the usual $1,000,000...
Can they change the gtd especially after it has been posted and listed to register all month long??

What do you guys think?

Drew300

I guess they can.

I agree though, they should not be able to adjust anything people had already spent some of their bankroll/fpps satelliting into.

Old
Wed Apr 20, 2011, 04:44 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Sens Fan View Post
I guess they can.

I agree though, they should not be able to adjust anything people had already spent some of their bankroll/fpps satelliting into.
They lowered the guarantees of the Sunday tournies too...

The Million's back down to a Million $$ guarantee.

The Storm went from $300,000 to $200,000.

Old
Wed Apr 20, 2011, 04:53 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssuglia View Post
They lowered the guarantees of the Sunday tournies too...

The Million's back down to a Million $$ guarantee.

The Storm went from $300,000 to $200,000.

Ya but thats a weekly thing.. This has been advertised all month.. Then they change it a week prior to the game!!!

Old
Wed Apr 20, 2011, 04:53 PM
(#5)
Yeah I really don't mind that they adjust the tournies. They have to in order to survive this. Having said that, I do understand why people who have invested their time and money trying to get in to tournies that were "guaranteed" would be a tad pissed. Esp being as turbo is a monthly event, not just one of the weekly ones.

Old
Wed Apr 20, 2011, 04:57 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Sens Fan View Post
Yeah I really don't mind that they adjust the tournies. They have to in order to survive this. Having said that, I do understand why people who have invested their time and money trying to get in to tournies that were "guaranteed" would be a tad pissed. Esp being as turbo is a monthly event, not just one of the weekly ones.
I definitely understand the frustration.

Just pointing out that they probably went through and made wholesale changes to the guarantee.

It was bound to happen given the loss of revenue that I'm sure is occurring.

But yes, I do see why people would be upset by it.

Old
Wed Apr 20, 2011, 04:59 PM
(#7)

Old
Wed Apr 20, 2011, 06:07 PM
(#8)
Since: Nov 2007
Its in the terms and conditions that they can change the guaranteed prize in tournies at any time without recourse.

They are just having to reorganise the business model because of loss of US players and revenue.

They are a business not a charity so this was to be expected unfortunately.

TC

Old
Wed Apr 20, 2011, 11:01 PM
(#9)
Since: Sep 2010
Just so you all know, the TT is being replaced come next month. There will be no more monthly TT. Apparently it's being replaced by a different FPP game once every three months.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com