Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

It Must Be Said..

Old
It Must Be Said.. - Thu Apr 21, 2011, 02:23 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
There are players out there , with not only their bank rolls in limbo- but their Life rolls- there are players out there, that without them- the Pso would never have come to pass, there are players out there- that may very well have NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO DO TO EARN A LIVING IN THE NEAR FUTURE-

OMFG as newbs- to this world of on line poker--we must take a step back, cut the powers that be a break - and be happy you can still play-- BE HAPPY YOU CAN STILL PLAY-- use the forum for learnin-- not bitchin' - its really quite silly what many in here are doing-- in the greater scheme of things-- it just is- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
Thu Apr 21, 2011, 02:47 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010

Old
poop - Thu Apr 21, 2011, 02:53 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post

poop-- L S D--- now danno -- if u put the the little 1 between u and mum- the L S D - aint drugs-- is it-- miss u dude-- be well-- S.

Old
bump - Thu Apr 21, 2011, 03:31 PM
(#4)
bump- for any dissenting opinions to manifest-- and perhaps we can turn the page-- ??

Old
Thu Apr 21, 2011, 04:25 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyskunk4 View Post
There are players out there , with not only their bank rolls in limbo- but their Life rolls- there are players out there, that without them- the Pso would never have come to pass, there are players out there- that may very well have NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO DO TO EARN A LIVING IN THE NEAR FUTURE-

OMFG as newbs- to this world of on line poker--we must take a step back, cut the powers that be a break - and be happy you can still play-- BE HAPPY YOU CAN STILL PLAY-- use the forum for learnin-- not bitchin' - its really quite silly what many in here are doing-- in the greater scheme of things-- it just is- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monk as you well know I'm a reasonable man, things I have seen and done in my life have left me with a decent sense of of perspective and fair play, if you wish a dissenting opinion I'll give you one.

1) FACT - US players joined this site in good faith believing it to be legitimate and unaware that it could be involved in any activity contravening US law.

2) FACT - the US Govt has filed charges based on evidence that they believe implicates the site to be in contravention of its laws.

3) FACT - as a result US players cannot play on this site as they have been able to previously.

4) FACT - US players on this site are innocent parties in all this.

5) FACT - the value of any players bankroll is irrelevant to the current situation

6) FACT - anyone who makes a living from online poker does not hold an account on just one site and is therefore able to continue to make their livelihood on others

7) FACT - not all players CAN play therefore cannot be happy that they can still play.

8) FACT - some players who CAN still play see the truth of the situation and feel morally that they should support the US players.

9) FACT - to be given respect and "be given a break" one must earn respect.

Old
????????? - Thu Apr 21, 2011, 04:34 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogweed1964 View Post
Monk as you well know I'm a reasonable man, things I have seen and done in my life have left me with a decent sense of of perspective and fair play, if you wish a dissenting opinion I'll give you one.

1) FACT - US players joined this site in good faith believing it to be legitimate and unaware that it could be involved in any activity contravening US law.

2) FACT - the US Govt has filed charges based on evidence that they believe implicates the site to be in contravention of its laws.

3) FACT - as a result US players cannot play on this site as they have been able to previously.

4) FACT - US players on this site are innocent parties in all this.

5) FACT - the value of any players bankroll is irrelevant to the current situation

6) FACT - anyone who makes a living from online poker does not hold an account on just one site and is therefore able to continue to make their livelihood on others

7) FACT - not all players CAN play therefore cannot be happy that they can still play.

8) FACT - some players who CAN still play see the truth of the situation and feel morally that they should support the US players.

9) FACT - to be given respect and "be given a break" one must earn respect.
You did say only 1 thing thing that i disagrre with--- and its number 9-- pokerstars-- is -has and will honor their agreement with the players-- how else could they continue-- my point - was to give the the peeps at PSO a break-- shyyty time for their main frame to breakdown -- nop--???

Old
Thu Apr 21, 2011, 04:47 PM
(#7)
Quote:
You did say only 1 thing thing that i disagrre with--- and its number 9-- pokerstars-- is -has and will honor their agreement with the players-- how else could they continue-- my point - was to give the the peeps at PSO a break-- shyyty time for their main frame to breakdown -- nop--???
Respect is earned in many ways Monk and I feel that the majority here would give up their bankrolls here just to have somebody come and speak honestly "the truth", not spin, not party line or the silence that pervades but to come out and lay it on the line, that would earn some respect.

If when the Lawyers have had their day and this site re-opens to US players do they honestly expect then to flock back without remembering the apparent distain with which they have been treated during all this?

Name me one US player that has received an email apologising for or explaining the situation, that would show some respect and in turn that would earn some respect.

Old
??? - Thu Apr 21, 2011, 04:55 PM
(#8)
dude-- name u 1-- wow-- u are out of the loop- huge-- there are over 100,000 - american on-line players that have received an apology- and a declaration that their withdrawl requests are being processed-- i really thought you were smarter than this-- i did !! my bad i guess-- cheers-- =WOW=================

Old
Thu Apr 21, 2011, 05:02 PM
(#9)
Quote:
dude-- name u 1-- wow-- u are out of the loop- huge-- there are over 100,000 - american on-line players that have received an apology- and a declaration that their withdrawl requests are being processed-- i really thought you were smarter than this-- i did !! my bad i guess-- cheers-- =WOW=================

I think you'll find they got a generic posting to the effect of saying their funds are safe, not one has had a true apology or full explanation of the situation, whichever way you try and twist and turn it their handling of this situation has to say the least been sadly lacking with regards to customer relations.

If I am indeed "out of the loop" then maybe thats a good thing because I'm not sure this "loop" is a place I want to be.

Old
?? - Thu Apr 21, 2011, 05:05 PM
(#10)
Quote:
I think you'll find they got a generic posting to the effect of saying their funds are safe, not one has had a true apology or full explanation of the situation, whichever way you try and twist and turn it their handling of this situation has to say the least been sadly lacking with regards to customer relations.

If I am indeed "out of the loop" then maybe thats a good thing because I'm not sure this "loop" is a place I want to be.

response not required !!!! oh my---there are people- on this site with over 600K at stake-- do ure home work man-- omg--

Old
Thu Apr 21, 2011, 05:10 PM
(#11)
Quote:
response not required !!!! oh my---there are people- on this site with over 600K at stake-- do ure home work man-- omg--
Monk read your earlier post stating that American players withdrawal requests are being processed, your concern over these players with $600k should therefore be unwarranted and is also therefore irrelevant.

Old
?? - Thu Apr 21, 2011, 05:19 PM
(#12)
My OP- was yet again not read- -- and responded to on an entirely adjacent agenda-- please re- read the op-- then comment-- !

Old
Thu Apr 21, 2011, 05:24 PM
(#13)
Quote:

monkey,

bitchin is all you do man, with anyone that does not agree with you..............lol

hiccup

Old
Thu Apr 21, 2011, 05:31 PM
(#14)
Monk you posted, I read, you then asked for dissenting voices, I offered you one, you replied, I responded, we've both made our points, now you want to go back to "OP" ?? I've seen enough circular arguments in this forum to avoid getting involved in this one.

Old
?? - Thu Apr 21, 2011, 05:32 PM
(#15)
omg eff-- missisauga smog got u down down again eh-- oh well start with me if u want-- u know damn well u will lose-- so why start--lmaooooo-- at the missisauga momma bot wannabe-- te te te et ete h\

Old
Thu Apr 21, 2011, 05:34 PM
(#16)
good come back, off your meds again l see .....lol

Old
?? - Thu Apr 21, 2011, 05:36 PM
(#17)
dude- u know whats right-- and that all i will say-- ok-- cheers--

Old
Thu Apr 21, 2011, 05:44 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Quote:

At this point, the facts speak for themselves and need not be repeated. American players have received a message indicating their funds are available for redemption. They also said it would take additional time due to the extraordinary number of players involved.

If you go back to the beginning, the major poker sites got caught without warning. They were closed. Though we might want an immediate response, it takes time formulating an appropriate response. We live in a legal system where the simplest comment becomes fodder for recriminations.

Yes, it puts the American player into the unenviable situation of getting stuck. However, PokerStars did respond. They did say the actions were beyond their control. One must remember the site petitioned the government to unfreeze the player's funds, not the Department of Justice.

An apology is inappropriate and unwarrented. There is a principle in law called "force majour," which means something that is beyond the control of one party. This lawsuit falls right into the very definition of this term. Then again, who has to apologize? The government? They followed the laws. The site? Assuming the charges are in error, they had no advanced notice of the seizure. The players? Unless otherwise notified, our actions were not in violation of the law. PSO? They are as much a victim as the rest of us.

Old
Thu Apr 21, 2011, 05:45 PM
(#19)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
whats a momma bot?

Old
?? - Thu Apr 21, 2011, 05:54 PM
(#20)
well said hedge hog--

roomik?- a momma bot- was a typo- but i like like it-- cheers0----

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com