Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Playing flop against a lucky donk maniac. any other way to play it ?

Old
Playing flop against a lucky donk maniac. any other way to play it ? - Thu Apr 21, 2011, 03:38 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2010

im pretty sure this should be in the bad beat section but instead of whining i want to know what u guys think about the hand. Is there any way i could have played better this hand ?

Old
?? - Thu Apr 21, 2011, 03:46 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
i really dont think its a bad beat-- you were set mining- button raise is -what- atc-- rellay I would 3 bet there- and try and take it preflop-- after that- well-- the clown is drawin to a 7 hi flush-- i do believe the mistake there is not 3 betting !!-- jmo-- gl - monk.....

Old
Thu Apr 21, 2011, 03:53 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Yes but what difference would that make ? i mean this stupid guy shoved with a 4 flush kicker 7 , i think he also would have called the 3 bet..

Old
?? - Thu Apr 21, 2011, 03:56 PM
(#4)
well- perhaps-- all things are dependent on reads-- if you felt that this silly person would call a 3-bet-- with atc-- then u must fold-- no??-- 55 does not flop well- set or die -- get me-?? and u did hit ure set-- but still died-- what i am saying is-- 9 of 10 u win that pot- but i do still believe- with a 3 bet-- he folds---

Last edited by monkeyskunk4; Thu Apr 21, 2011 at 04:00 PM.. Reason: common sense

Old
Thu Apr 21, 2011, 04:00 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
A 3-bet pre and a bigger raise on the flop...wouldn't change anything though.

If you 3-bet pre would button fold, call or 4-bet? I expect that the button would 4-bet him here and I'd hate to be playing 55 for stacks against even the loosest range. I think it's better to call and keep the pot under control until you're sure you have the best of it. That flop is what you wanted, and you want all the money in the middle. You got that, now you have to hope your hand holds up as it should most of the time. He makes the flush, oh well. It happens. Most of the time you have a very nice double-up.

On the flop I would raise to about $4, and since he only has a little more than that behind, you might as well check-raise all-in. Whatever you do, the minraise doesn't deny him odds to draw to the flush.

Last edited by oriholic; Thu Apr 21, 2011 at 04:05 PM..

Old
?? - Thu Apr 21, 2011, 04:05 PM
(#6)
ok ya-- oriholic-- agreed--- FOLD-------------------------------------------------- no way-- i want this fool at my table all day long---- take notes- rape-- rape -- rape-- 1 hand is not the way-- a session ion is-- !

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com