Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Latest response from PSO

Old
Default
Latest response from PSO - Thu Apr 21, 2011, 10:33 PM
(#1)
Herkstwin's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 255
This is the response I got from PSO Support. Took less than an hour. Still calling it a technical issue. Hmmmm....

Hello (xxxxxxx),

Thank you for your email.

Due to technical problems we are having delays with the PSO
leaderboard update since April 16, 2011 at 02:01 E.T.

The issue has been reported to our programming team and the
leader board should be updated shortly.

Please, accept our sincerely apologies for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Rebecca
PokerSchoolOnline Support Team
 
Old
Default
Thu Apr 21, 2011, 10:49 PM
(#2)
AlphaAero's Avatar
Since: Nov 2010
Posts: 389
BronzeStar
Did you accept the apology?
 
Old
Default
Fri Apr 22, 2011, 08:21 AM
(#3)
Herkstwin's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaAero View Post
Did you accept the apology?


You are sooo funny. I am surprised the response did not end up in my spam folder. I bet the PSO team member's name is randomly generated and dropped into the closing salutation.

Herk
 
Old
Default
Fri Apr 22, 2011, 09:10 AM
(#4)
HoldThisPete's Avatar
Since: May 2010
Posts: 38
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herkstwin View Post
This is the response I got from PSO Support. Took less than an hour. Still calling it a technical issue. Hmmmm....

Due to technical problems...The issue has been reported...
We Americans have been called many things before

Isn't "issue" some kind of condition some lady had in the Bible? Guessing they mean we made a bloody mess when we were kicked out.
 
Old
Default
Leaderboard - Fri Apr 22, 2011, 01:54 PM
(#5)
RedLetterman's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 665
If I were da boss I'd leave the leader board right where it is. April's a wash. Only seems fair to the Americans to consider Black Friday as the end of the month. They represented the largest % of players.

Just my take.............
 
Old
Default
Fri Apr 22, 2011, 02:06 PM
(#6)
bogweed1964's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 774
Red, personally as someone who stands to lose as a result I would have have far more respect for PSO if they had announced that as a result of "Black Friday" the league had been cancelled until further notice because of ABC and would resume when XYZ criteria had been met, this continued shambolic pretence that it is "business as usual" is frankly an insult to the community here and is beyond being laughable for its transparency.
 
Old
Default
Fri Apr 22, 2011, 02:18 PM
(#7)
AlphaAero's Avatar
Since: Nov 2010
Posts: 389
BronzeStar
I do not agree that the league should be washed for the month just because the US players can't play.

Sympathies for the current hiatus you guys are in. But people are still competing.

Regards
 
Old
Default
Fri Apr 22, 2011, 03:31 PM
(#8)
bogweed1964's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaAero View Post
I do not agree that the league should be washed for the month just because the US players can't play.

Sympathies for the current hiatus you guys are in. But people are still competing.

Regards
I disagree, we should be forced to draw pistols at dawn and resolve this in a gentlemanly fashion.

By the way Alpha - damned tatty cravat !!!!!!
 
Old
Default
Fri Apr 22, 2011, 03:31 PM
(#9)
BULLSeyeCoA's Avatar
Since: Dec 2010
Posts: 250
I agree with Alpha on this one...no fault of non-US members...I think they should update from the 16th as if all US members simply did what they did...stopped playing...it sux being in the good ole usa.

BULLS
 
Old
Default
Fri Apr 22, 2011, 03:36 PM
(#10)
bogweed1964's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 774
Bulls - you surely have not right to input, you're a US player & therefore have no monetary value.as such your words are as of much value to PS/PSO as the $ you are able to deposit.
 
Old
Default
Fri Apr 22, 2011, 04:01 PM
(#11)
havocofsmeg's Avatar
Since: Feb 2011
Posts: 489
I'm rarely ITM, so the main reason I have to play PSO games is for the points and practice. points are not being updated, so what's to keep me from boycotting PSO and going elsewhere for practice? Say the facebook league?
 
Old
Default
Fri Apr 22, 2011, 04:37 PM
(#12)
TARIQ06's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 380
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogweed1964 View Post
Bulls - you surely have not right to input, you're a US player & therefore have no monetary value.as such your words are as of much value to PS/PSO as the $ you are able to deposit.

hey bogweed1964, let me ask this do you think since poker stars have annouce that they will unsuspend the us poker accounts should we allow to get paid for this month rankings, base off the results at the end of the month, if people are expecting that the league will continue for the month of april then everybody should recieve their winnings, for example when i am eligible to request a check for the remaining money in my account, i should see an additional 30-50 bucks base off the rankings from 4-16-11 or 4/31/11, is that fair to ask for my april winnings or am i and all usa players disqualified for receiving any funds for april payouts..
 
Old
Default
Fri Apr 22, 2011, 04:54 PM
(#13)
bogweed1964's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 774
As I am aware all US players are barred from playing for cash and as such receiving any form of monetary reward for playing on PokerStars as of last Friday due to the current legal position.

This being the case then any payout from the PSO Skill League would be an infringement of that legal position.

What I or any others believe to be morally correct is irrelevant in all of this, though I for one would support a cancellation of the league this month due to the fact that results and standings will be massively distorted by the removal of the US players.
 
Old
Default
Fri Apr 22, 2011, 09:46 PM
(#14)
Herkstwin's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 255
Not that anyone at PSO is paying attention to these forums these days, but my suggestion is simple. Split April in half. Standings as of Black Friday are first half. Start second half with rest of the world competing. Prize pool split in half too.

Herk
 
Old
Default
Fri Apr 22, 2011, 11:45 PM
(#15)
macbuzz's Avatar
Since: Nov 2010
Posts: 4
BronzeStar
As a US player, I would support the action of just letting April calculate itself out. Treat the US players as having quit, and let them fall in the rankings. If they happen to rank well enough to get a cash prize, then add that to their bankroll. If adding a cash prize to the bankroll is no longer allowed, then don't pay the US players, but pay everyone else. It's going to take a few weeks b/f the US players can cash out anyway.

I'm at a cash prize level, and I hope that isn't affecting my opinion. I suspect I'll drop significantly, but I'd like to see the leaderboard updated for the sake of the rest of the players. I also put some time in to get the points I have, so I'd like to see that time count for something if it can.

Just my opinion. I've enjoyed playing on the PSO skill league and trying to donk-proof my game. I've got a long way to go and it's hard to get there on the play money tables...
 
Old
Default
Sat Apr 23, 2011, 12:15 AM
(#16)
HoldThisPete's Avatar
Since: May 2010
Posts: 38
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by macbuzz View Post
As a US player, I would support the action of just letting April calculate itself out. Treat the US players as having quit, and let them fall in the rankings...
Hi macbuzz. I'm a U.S. player and I couldn't agree with your whole statement more. As of April 16, my rank stands at 160 and if it falls as it should, so be it.

Now if Pokerstars/PSO decides to pay us as the leaderboard stands you're not gonna hear me complain
 
Old
Default
Sat Apr 23, 2011, 12:31 AM
(#17)
Darkman61's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,225
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by havocofsmeg View Post
I'm rarely ITM, so the main reason I have to play PSO games is for the points and practice. points are not being updated, so what's to keep me from boycotting PSO and going elsewhere for practice? Say the facebook league?
Whether you intended to or not, I think you have provided yet more to ponder here.

As far as I'm aware, all three Facebook leagues have been updating as normal. So that suggests to me that the possible HTML problem that was mentioned by one poster isn't the cause. And neither is it due to the involvement of American players.

So that kinda makes me point my finger in one direction. And it isn't The White House.

Can you hear it ticking? (Damn. Wrong type of bomb )
 
Old
Default
Sat Apr 23, 2011, 12:46 AM
(#18)
VareckRay's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
Whether you intended to or not, I think you have provided yet more to ponder here.

As far as I'm aware, all three Facebook leagues have been updating as normal. So that suggests to me that the possible HTML problem that was mentioned by one poster isn't the cause. And neither is it due to the involvement of American players.

So that kinda makes me point my finger in one direction. And it isn't The White House.

Can you hear it ticking? (Damn. Wrong type of bomb )
hey Darkman, just to say facebook and PSO are completely unrelated. If (and I can guarantee it isn't) it was anything to do with htlml (which it isnt) the html on facebook is entirely different to the html on PSO, that's assuming either site actually have any hard-coded html pages, it could all be generated (many sites are) and no phyiscal webpages containing html need exist.

It's like saying your car should start when the battery is flat because joe blogses car in Fiji started because they are both cars.

No disrespect intended but you can't keep pointing the finger at PS or PSO just because you don't understand the technical aspects. They may well have a serious problem. Maybe there was a bug that cropped up when the US players where removed. Something unseen because it hadn't been tested for - meaning they can't remove US player and update without breaking everything and are having to re-write the code that drives the scoring system.

All this speculation by people who have heard a website is driven by html is a little ridiculous to be honest.

Like I say not meaning to give offense just trying to give the part-time techies on here a heads up

PS as an example go to the forum hompage by clicking on the breadcrumbs and look at ur address bar, it contains a URL which is

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/community/forum/

if you enter the forum from your blog by clicking on the "Go to Forum" grey button you get

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/forum/


I've bolded community because it is missing in the 2nd link.

This suggests quite strongly that the forum homepage is generated and tbh I would have been surprised if it wasn't.


so neither method of getting to the forum homepage give you a link in the address bar like

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/community/forum/forum.html


There are other clues but you get the idea.




PPS. I've had a look through the source code and it's definately mostly generated and little to do with PSO I believe. Maybe Rational Instruction Services Ltd are saying to PS\PSO - it'll be fixed soon honest gov!

Last edited by VareckRay; Sat Apr 23, 2011 at 08:18 AM..
 
Old
Default
Waiting Till the Last Second - Sat Apr 23, 2011, 01:28 AM
(#19)
bassnbrad's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 14
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldThisPete View Post
Hi macbuzz. I'm a U.S. player and I couldn't agree with your whole statement more. As of April 16, my rank stands at 160 and if it falls as it should, so be it.

Now if Pokerstars/PSO decides to pay us as the leaderboard stands you're not gonna hear me complain
Hell its easy enough to understand. IMHO I believe PSO/PS is waiting till the very last second to give everyone, US included, a fair chance in the hopes that some agreement is obtained from all parties. In the event nothing has changed by the end of the month then any monies US players would have won should be placed into a side pot and a special tourney for the top 50 play for it...
Unless of course it can be placed into our accounts on hold, to be used upon PS/US coming to some type of agreement, not holding my breath on that one though.

I really do wish you all the best of luck during this really screwed up time, and hope to be back on the PS felt sometime in the NEAR future.
bb
 
Old
Default
Sat Apr 23, 2011, 02:16 AM
(#20)
VareckRay's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 182
Continued from my last post 2 above.

Ok well I think I have just taken the red pill lol

I've been looking at the source code for this website and it's a little more complicated than it first appears.

What you have behind the scenes is some fairly complicated javascript written by a company called Tynt (theres standard stuff like jquery and ajax using javascript and so on). Have you ever noticed when you copy and paste from a post here you get a link pasted to? Well that's part of what the tynt stuff does, it's so websites can track what content is being copied. I'd noticed that and wondered how that was being done.

This is just a small part of it, Javascript is a bitch to follow when it's written the way most javascript is so I'm about to find out how deep the rabbit hole really goes

Whatever though none of this stuff will be written by PS or PSO. It's all 3rd party stuff. I don't have access to anything that goes on on the server side but I can get a fair bit of info from the publically available javascript.

One thing, If I'm breaking any rules here, or just if you'd rather I didn't poke my nose in just let me know please mods. I'm curious now about what drives the website, as a developer stuff like this intrigues me. I don't want to jeopardise my membership here by doing so I'll leave it till I'm sure it's ok to dig.

 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com