Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / New Members /

hi everybody

Old
hi everybody - Fri Apr 22, 2011, 10:00 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2010
WhiteStar
im pretty new here but i have been lurking a little bit.
i have a newbie question to ask.
Why does a little silver star sometimes appear at the top of my seat marker?

I was also wondering why we who live in the united states cant play online poker and everybody else can? just wondering now how free we really are.

thanks

Old
Sun Apr 24, 2011, 06:42 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
that star means that you have won $$ or tickets from a freeroll (.net) but not playing on the money server (.com).

Old
Mon Apr 25, 2011, 01:38 PM
(#3)
Silver Star above avatar means you are a play money player and have logged in via pokerstars.NET

Old
Mon Apr 25, 2011, 02:08 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankpotomus View Post

I was also wondering why we who live in the united states cant play online poker and everybody else can? just wondering now how free we really are.

thanks

Check out the sticky threads in the general forum. Short answer, the Department of Justice has accused PokerStars of money laundrying. On Friday, April 15, they seized the site and had all US accounts frozen. Since then, PokerStars has negotiated with the DOJ and the funds are now unfrozen. However, US citizens can only participate in play money games.

A law passed in 2006 made it illegal for financial institutes to pass money to online gaming sites. That is why the only means available was Western Union. If you check news sites, they explain the charges a lot better.

Bottom line, American players cannot participate in the PSO, any freeroll game offerring a prize, or any money game. So avail yourself of the training videos and practice on the play money games; it's your only option.

Old
Tue Apr 26, 2011, 12:01 PM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2011
BronzeStar
Hi i have only been in this league a little while now, how do i see where am on the leader board, i put my user name in but it does not find me can you help thank you william claridge user BillyClaridg

Old
Tue Apr 26, 2011, 12:07 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyClaridg View Post
Hi i have only been in this league a little while now, how do i see where am on the leader board, i put my user name in but it does not find me can you help thank you william claridge user BillyClaridg
The leader board has not been updated since 16 April. Guess they don't know what to do with the US players.

Hang tight

Old
thanks - Wed Apr 27, 2011, 07:56 PM
(#7)
Since: May 2010
WhiteStar
okay....for example the star may or may not come and go with in one play money sit n go session?

i was wondering what the difference between the .com and .net was. thanks

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 09:40 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyClaridg View Post
Take a look at your profile

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com