Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

99 in late position with 1 raise & a 1 call

Old
99 in late position with 1 raise & a 1 call - Fri Apr 22, 2011, 06:08 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
here is the hand, would have put me in a good position if I'd played it but was thinking there could be an all-in after me so folded. Right decision? Thoughts appreciated thank you

Old
Fri Apr 22, 2011, 06:32 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
Since we have no reads about the players involved(Please include reads next time), I would have no problem folding this.

For one you have a UTG limper which could be a fish or solid player.
If he is decent it is a trap more than anything.If he is a fish we can now move on with the hand.

We now have a player isolating the limper.
Is he aggressive,passive,maniac?
If he is a maniac you might as well get it all in if your going to play this hand,since they cbet almost always and you will be facing overs a lot of the time.
If he is passive preflop,fold and live another day.
If he is aggressive you would have to look at bet sizing for tells most of the time.

No reads or new table I fold this most of the time.
Hard to give you feedback with no reads.

Old
Fri Apr 22, 2011, 06:41 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Since we have no reads about the players involved(Please include reads next time), I would have no problem folding this.

For one you have a UTG limper which could be a fish or solid player.
If he is decent it is a trap more than anything.If he is a fish we can now move on with the hand.

We now have a player isolating the limper.
Is he aggressive,passive,maniac?
If he is a maniac you might as well get it all in if your going to play this hand,since they cbet almost always and you will be facing overs a lot of the time.
If he is passive preflop,fold and live another day.
If he is aggressive you would have to look at bet sizing for tells most of the time.

No reads or new table I fold this most of the time.
Hard to give you feedback with no reads.
Hi Cookies, I had no reads either, just sat down at the table and it was a bit crazy with lots of shoving going on as the bubble had just burst.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate you help.

Old
Fri Apr 22, 2011, 06:52 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
I find once a bubble has burst people play like maniacs and you can easily move up to the next payout lvl.I think I saw this was the Daily 50k in another post,which means once the bubble is burst
you have a long ways to go before the next payout.Its one of those rare tourneys that has a funny payout structure.

Before the bubble you should be looking for free chips and exploiting tight players.
Its a very profitable time and I have flipped for chip lead often near the bubble.
You can sit back and min-cash or go for it and usually the player is thinking your going to fold to a shove and their range is a lot wider.
After the bubble bursts I usually nit up for a 2 maybe 3 orbits till the yahoos have decided to settle down and stop flipping.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com