Old
Sat Apr 23, 2011, 11:39 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaAero View Post
Just wonderin'
Always first on my list. Hope this helps.

Old
Sat Apr 23, 2011, 11:47 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2011
Quote:
Just wonderin'

You're not in 1st place, does anything else matter?

Has anyone ever told you you labour the point a bit?

Old
Sat Apr 23, 2011, 11:51 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Yes.

But where am I in the league?

Old
Sat Apr 23, 2011, 12:02 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2010
BronzeStar
got funny feelin that league ranks been scrapped this month.... wouldnt worry about it... jus play for fun

Old
Sat Apr 23, 2011, 12:10 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
I've invested a lot of time to just consider this as a fun league.

Old
Sat Apr 23, 2011, 12:14 PM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I found it helped me not feel so frustrated about the lack of updates by trying to guesstimate my ranking.

Guesstimate #1: Scores for Every Game

Two games got played without Americans before the scoreboard stopped updating, so if you scroll through peoples' results, you should be able to get a rough idea of what sort of points you get for finishes for each game. For example, I finished 55th out of 350 at the 10pm game was getting like 10 points. So then if you've been keeping tabs of your results for each of your games, then you should have all the data you need to sort of guess your current score.

Guesstimate #2: Ranking

This one's more of a fudge I've been looking at the end results of the previous month where the whole month had played out, and then I look at the frozen leaderboard of this month where half the month had played out, and then I took the average of the two ranks that you get with the points you calculated in #1 to approximate the ranking since we're sort of 3/4's into the month. That's my approximation if Americans get to stay on the leaderboard.

To approximate the ranking if Americans were to get taken out, I half the rank I calculated with them in it. Because there was that hour when PSO was tinkering with the leaderboard and took out Americans, and they accounted for about half the leaderboard - so for somebody who was 3rd they went to 1st; somebody ranked like 100 was going down to 50; at 330 I went all the way down to 116 which is even more than half.

So say somebody calculates with #1 that their score is about 1775; According to #2 that would rank somewhere around 230 if Americans stay in the rankings, and somewhere around 100 without them?

Who knows how accurate this is - but it keeps me busy! Have you been keeping track of all your results Alpha?

PS If anybody thinks my guesstimates are ridiculous, I agree it's totally unscientific! I'm just as frustrated as everybody else and just trying to make the best of it ... have a nice day!

Old
Sat Apr 23, 2011, 12:15 PM
(#8)
Since: Feb 2010
BronzeStar
lol i was postion 56 .... not bohered now

Old
Sat Apr 23, 2011, 12:19 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
I have been playing through a proxy server registered in the UK under the name SendMeCookies. I am currently scored at 1938.47, by the new updated scoring system in hand analysis. So, Neener, neener all. The shark still wins. -Cookies

Old
Sat Apr 23, 2011, 12:31 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:

sharkatack89

I have been playing through a proxy server registered in the UK under the name SendMeCookies. I am currently scored at 1938.47, by the new updated scoring system in hand analysis. So, Neener, neener all. The shark still wins. -Cookies

Read more: Where am I in the league? - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1KMfcAiGy
This is of course a joke right?

Old
Sat Apr 23, 2011, 12:36 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
This is of course a joke right?
why would this be a joke? I'm not allowed to play from the USA. So, it is not technically multi accounting. The servers are located in the UK, and so there for legal to play. I have registered UK PostBox, that fowards the mail to me on a bi weekly basis. Now why would this not be ok? You're not thinkin of reporting me to PS again are you?

Old
Sat Apr 23, 2011, 12:44 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
I'd never say never.

I genuinely think you are winding me up though.

And I think that your tecnicality is in fact wrong.

I believe that the rules are 1 account per person and not 1 account per persons address.

Frankly you did quite well after the last report, you satisfied pokerstars that you were not a multi accounter and you picked up a handsome necklace!

Old
Sat Apr 23, 2011, 12:52 PM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkatack89 View Post
why would this be a joke? I'm not allowed to play from the USA. So, it is not technically multi accounting. The servers are located in the UK, and so there for legal to play. I have registered UK PostBox, that fowards the mail to me on a bi weekly basis. Now why would this not be ok? You're not thinkin of reporting me to PS again are you?
May be worth reading this Shark, I've extracted the relevant section below for ease of reference.

http://www.pokerstars.com/usaplayers/faq/

Q - Can I use a VPN or IP randomizer to appear as though I am outside the US and still play on PokerStars.com from within the United States?

A - No. Real money play is not allowed from within the US under any circumstances. Players who attempt to play for real money from inside the US with the aid of VPNs or other technical workarounds may lose their playing privileges and/or funds in their account.

Old
Sat Apr 23, 2011, 12:54 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
that seems to sum it up nicely.

Old
Sat Apr 23, 2011, 12:55 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Sorry Bog, didn't mean to get you tied into this. I was pulling AA's legs again. He's so fun to poke at. Like a big ole Teddy Bear. LOL

Old
Sat Apr 23, 2011, 01:02 PM
(#16)
Since: Jan 2010
No worries Shark, I jumped it on of my own accord, figured it was a wind up but thought I'd try to nip it in the bud before it got out of hand.

Old
Sat Apr 23, 2011, 01:47 PM
(#17)
Since: Jul 2010
LMAO!! Jeezzz Cookies you even had me say hmmmm for a second. PRICELESS!!

Old
Sat Apr 23, 2011, 02:03 PM
(#18)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Alpha, if you haven't been keeping track of your PSO tourney results, probably customer service can help you with that because they'd have all that on record. At least then you could roughly calculate your score.

Old
Sat Apr 23, 2011, 02:17 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drywallman3 View Post
LMAO!! Jeezzz Cookies you even had me say hmmmm for a second. PRICELESS!!
was that a hrmmm, "He must be crazy" or a hrmmm, "Maybe I should be doing that too" ?

Old
Sat Apr 23, 2011, 02:26 PM
(#20)
Since: Jul 2010
shhhhhhhhhh....................................coo kies!! LOL

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com